[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

JUMP! JUMP!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1218746165422.png (46KB, 283x285px) Image search: [Google]
1218746165422.png
46KB, 283x285px
JUMP! JUMP!
>>
File: 1218746211297.png (46KB, 283x286px) Image search: [Google]
1218746211297.png
46KB, 283x286px
SLIDE! SLIDE!
>>
>>3678232
What is this from? I've definitely played it and forgot
>>
>>3678269
MegaMan Eight
>>
>>3678272
Damn, I was gonna say X5
I don't think I even played 8 yet

Should I?
>>
>>3678273
The presentation is pretty great, the graphics/animations and flow, Megaman 8 feels like a very polished arcade game.

The game only has 2 fatal problems:
1- It's too easy compared to others games.
2- The soundtrack is less action paced/catchy, instead it's more... Smooth and calm (still has a few good tracks, though).

This makes me think... Somebody should make a Megaman 8 romhack someday, if done right it could result in something pretty worthwhile.
>>
>>3678361
Rockman and Bass uses the same artwork as Megaman 8 (and surprisingly runs really well on the SNES), yet has a considerably higher level of difficulty. I actually think the difficulty is a bit too much, but if you're looking for more MM8 its a really solid game. The music is unfortunately also pretty similar to 8's, but I don't hate it.
>>
>>3678405
It's either Mega Man and Bass or Rockman and Forte.
>>
>>3678361
>It's too easy compared to others games.

I've never understood why people hold this against 8 specifically. Mega Man games were never really difficult to begin with, especially compared to many other 80s platformers that the series debuted alongside.

Mega Man & Bass, X6 and Zero 2 are the only ones with a real significant challenge factor to them IMO,
>>
>>3678575
>X6
Only if you do a minimalist challenge. The game has dozen of cheap deaths, but you can retry from the checkpoint even if you run out of lives. I don't even know what's the point of lives in that game.
>>
>>3678575
>I've never understood why people hold this against 8 specifically.
Because people like to wag their dicks.
>>
>>3678232
>>3678236

And my PTSD from dying all of the time on Frost Man's stage & Wily's Castle Part 1 returns.
>>
>>3678232
this part of the game is the reason i broke a controller ever
>>
>>3678361
>too easy compared to the others
Bullshit I can beat MM1-6 easy peasy but 7 and 8 push my shit in and it just feels unsatisfying.
>>
>>3678615

Kind of underselling it a little. (Which is a first)

You absolutely NEED the Hyper Dash and Jumper parts to even survive the first fortress stage, and their locations are not exactly obvious either. Plus, Infinity Mijinion still holds the record for "most onscreen shit you need to dodge from a boss" in a Mega Man game.

Then there's the nightmare effects that can add a lot of ass pain to certain stages depending on your order.

>>3680785

I think your problem may have to do with you ignoring the game's resources. MM8's weapons are amazingly useful in helping you get through a stage. SwordMan's is built all around this.

But the megaball is the absolute king, even beating out the metal blade just for its sheer utility.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.