[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /vr/ think of the South Park games? Are they any good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: Southparkrally.jpg (72KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Southparkrally.jpg
72KB, 500x500px
What does /vr/ think of the South Park games? Are they any good?
>>
I had a lot of fun playing that FPS one on the N64 as a kid.
I don't think I could stomach it for 5 seconds now though.
>>
File: Bull 8020.jpg (24KB, 450x374px) Image search: [Google]
Bull 8020.jpg
24KB, 450x374px
They were great on the 64. Never played em on PS.
>>
Almost everything before "the stick of truth" was developed independently with no feedback from the creators. The license just went out "make a game, any game, because the network expects a game".

South park had notoriously terrible games even for movie/tv spinoff standards.
>>
South Park Rally is a shitty Mario Kart clone but in a way where the shittiness adds to it and makes things funnier. At least for me and my friends.
>>
>>3677836
The racing game on the N64 was fun for a while.
And the N64 FPS was cool, if a bit on the shitty side.

I hear stick of truth was pretty good too.
But I doubt I'll bother playing it as I couldn't give two flying fucks and a hand grenade about South Park these days.
>>
no but theyre fun.
>>
>>3677836
I think South Park Rally on PSX is genuinely a good game. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a direct ripoff of another kart racing game though. Someone mentioned in the thread earlier that it's a ripoff of Mario Kart but that's not true. It does more than just straight racing and all courses are nonlinear.
>>
>>3677836
The only one I've played is South Park on N64. It's essentially a shittier Turok. It perfectly encapsulates the original seasons in attitude and the weapon variety is pretty fun. Level design is not great though. If you really enjoy n64 first person shooters you might be able to have some fun with it
>>
The only good one is not retro.
>>
>>3679561
>>
File: South_Park_Chef's_Luv_Shack.jpg (56KB, 500x448px) Image search: [Google]
South_Park_Chef's_Luv_Shack.jpg
56KB, 500x448px
>>3680434
>>3679561

Would probably help if I posted the image too.
>>
South Park Rally was underrated.
>>
I played SP Rally on the Dreamcast with other friends. It was fun for its time when SP was new. Saddam blocking the view or throwing shit at each other would make us laugh as silly teenagers we were.
>>
>>3680436
This is retro I thought you were talking about TSoT
>>
South Park Rally was my favourite game growing up. I had no idea it had such a negative reputation until years later.
>>
Only had south park rally. it was dumb but fun. I wish i could play it again.
>>
>>3677850

Like you I have fond memories of it as a kid however I tried it again a couple of years back. It was terrible.
>>
>>3677850

Played through the whole thing on the PS1 when it was new. How did I even do that?
>>
>>3680436
me and my friends had fun playing this multiplayer
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.