[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

City-Building Games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: SC3K.jpg (178KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
SC3K.jpg
178KB, 800x600px
Retro city-building thread?

SimCity, Caesar, Pharaoh, Emperor, Zeus, 1602 AD, Transport Tycoon, and whatever else I forgot to list, discuss it all here.

I've been playing SimCity 3000 again. Probably my favorite in the series.
>>
>>3677768
>SimCity 3000
its better for a more relaxed playthrough, seein as it doesnt enforce position in the placement of police, bus/train stations

sc2000 really is the brainlust one

age of empires 2, hugest map, mod for 1500pop and multiqueue, create cute scenario in map editor, play on easy mode and just chill making grotesque amounts of villares and trade carts going to enemy markets, and just watch the whole city become alive on its own as your units are constantly killed and replaced
>>
>>3678187
>its better for a more relaxed playthrough, seein as it doesnt enforce position in the placement of police, bus/train stations

Sorry, but what do you mean by that?

>>3677768
I have a hard time deciding whether my favourite is SNES Simcity, SC2K or SC3K. I like the graphics in 2K most and 3K has pretty good music and stuff, and both are more involved simulations than 1 but SNES Simcity is just too damn comfy.
>>
I actually just did a very hard difficulty playthrough of caesar pharaoh and emperor. Pharoah's demographic mechanic makes it the hardest by far.
>>
>>3678187
Wait -- is there a similar mod for Age3 to increase the population limit??
>>
I miss these threads. Whatever happened to the general?
>>
>>3677768
Me and my family loved doing Pharaoh/Caesar/Zeus competitions, building things up as best we can before the other people could. My mom always won because she's more careful and a much better planner than the others were.
>>
File: subway-jared-fogle-sub-860.jpg (154KB, 860x484px) Image search: [Google]
subway-jared-fogle-sub-860.jpg
154KB, 860x484px
Anyone know how to make a subway-only city in 3000?

I always get zone abandonment because Industrial zones don't like subways or even subway<>rail connection stations apparently
>>
>>3677768
Oh, Zeus.
I bought it some time ago and was playing through the campaigns. Unfortunately i was in the mood to start Atlantis camp and dear god, is the starting map shitty. Actually made me drop the game for a long time now.
>>
>>3678226
>SNES Simcity is just too damn comfy.
I keep trying to get into that one (I've actually still never played any other version of SimCity 1) and it looks nice but it is so, so slow, even on the highest speed.
>>3681325
I still need to play Zeus. The only Impressions city-builders I've played are Caesar III and Emperor.
>>3679541
I don't know, it's kinda sad. Not enough interest on /vg/ since the last big city-builder is almost two years old now, and (outside of SimCity) they're still pretty niche on /vr/, I guess. Shame, because it is an incredible genre.
>>
File: 1488 kill non-Egyptians now.png (1MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1488 kill non-Egyptians now.png
1MB, 1024x768px
>>3679558

Did you ever compete in monument construction? Shit's dope.

Also

>kill all non-Egyptians now.
>DEBT
>>
>>3677768
How do you guys play Sim City 3000 on Win10?

Last time I tried I had bugged music (huge ear rape) and as soon as the city tried to load it crashed.
>>
>>3678259

I always wondered what the fuck was up with Pharaoh's demographic mechanics. In Emperor there's a complete definition and segregation of the commoners and elites, making population planning and control easy. Pharaoh kinda forces you to plan where you want your community of rich degenerates to live, so that you don't lose your workforce.

Do you know how age works in Pharaoh's population mechanic? I have a feeling that shit fucks me in the ass when I least notice it, like a big fucking labor shortage out of nowhere.
>>
>>3682701
WE WUZ
>>
>>3682703
I don't have the original release of 3000, but the GOG release of Unlimited works perfectly in Windows 10
>>
>>3682472
I liked Zeus the best of them all, but desu it was my first one. Economics are kind of shallow - it is cool that you can buy a resource and sell product for a profit, but in many cases you find out a super-profitable one very early. However, i simply love strong mythology theme.
>>
>>3678259
Pharaoh is the most fun I think.

>>3683009
When they first move in they're young and they provide higher contribution to the labor force. As years go by it settles to a gaussian distribution.

After residence levels the contribution to the workforce becomes zero but they pay super high taxes. Best way to organize is to limit the services.

I think one thing that works interesting in Pharaoh is labor access. I mean you can cheese your way out of it by placing single housing everywhere but if you want something better you need to plan things very carefully.

Easy way to solve workforce issues is just build more and for every unemployed dude in your city just put work camp so that they don't emigrate. And when your population is settled you can just close the work camps to create unemployment.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.