[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

THIS is the TRUE Super Mario Bros sequel, not that silly Doki

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (99KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
99KB, 1280x720px
THIS is the TRUE Super Mario Bros sequel, not that silly Doki Doki reskin. Only dumb casuals like that one. If youre a true old school Mario fan you will know this to be true.
>>
>>3677669
If this game is so great, how come I can't beat it?

checkmate
>>
>>3677669
>THIS is the TRUE Super Mario Bros sequel
agreed

>>3677669
>Only dumb casuals like Doki Doki
nice bait, or you have really shit taste
>>
>>3677669
Very good satire. You sound exactly like a 15 year old redditor who believes this meme.
>>
In Japan, Doki Doki Panic is actually called Frankenstein's Monster
>>
>>3677669
I agree this game is the true sequel, but the "doki doki clone" you're talking about is great.
>>
Thanks for the insight, anonymous 13-year old from 1993.
>>
I wish there were videogame facts I didn't know.
>>
USA 2 is much more fun though

SMB1 was never good and Japan 2 is just an extension to 1
>>
>>3677896
Lost Levels is nothing more than a ROM Hack. At least USA was different.
>>
>>3677909
USA is literally a romhack though.
Lost Levels actually added new stuff.
>>
Not even Nintendo considered this shitty romhack the true SMB sequel.
>>
>>3677669
Doki Doki started as a Mario-type game with no specific direction, and "Doki Doki Panic" thing was also artificially added at the end because they needed to make the game to promote some fucking event for a TV channel or something, so they slapped a reskin on a pre-existing mechanics/engine. So it's hardly the game's "true identity" or some shit, Doki Doki is in itself just a reskin of an unnamed prototype.

SMB2 USA contains many elements that would become staples in Mario series, including mechanics like picking up items (seriously, carrying items like e.g. P-switches and shells is now a big deal in modern Mario games, but it didn't exist at all in SMB1), picking up enemies (think Koopas and Bobombs), keys, debut of POW Blocks in Super Mario games; introduces characters like Bobombs, Shyguys, Pokeys, Birdos, Ninjis; playable Peach and Toad including their trademarks of floating jump and high speed/strengh, respectively; and, last but not least, a more cartoony artstyle with a dark outline that would become standard in 2D Mario games for years to come.

Also entire reason the game exists is focus on more casual audience, while SMB2JPN is closer to a proto-Kaizo hack.

For a person who was started off with something like Super Mario World or Super Mario 3D Land, I think SMB2USA would be MORE recognizable as a typical Mario game than SMB1, and definitely SMB2, would.
>>
>>3678028
>Stomp on enemies
>They don't die
Even mario land is more mario than this.
>>
>>3678034
There was one Mario game at the time, not counting the ROM hack that OP loves so much. Traditions hadn't really been established.
>>
>>3678036
>a true sequel is a ROM hack now.

SMB2US is a complete pile of steaming dog shit and should have never been released. Too bad American kids were too stupid and pathetic to handle SMB2.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EymHaWhCY14

This thread makes me think of this
>>
File: mario crab.jpg (9KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
mario crab.jpg
9KB, 480x360px
>>3678034
>>Stomp on enemies
>>They don't die

Mario appeared in several games before SMB and he used to die if he landed on an enemy.

Try jumping on top of a crab or turtle in mario bros or on a barrel in donkey kong. See what happens. Same goes for wrecking crew.
>>
>>3678034
Yeah, what the fuck was SMB3 thinking with those "Munchers" "Chain Chomps" and "Thwomps"? Fucking fake Mario bullshit.

In fact, SMB1 is the fucking fakest, since only Goombas and Hammer Bros die when you stomp on them - and Goombas weren't even supposed to be in the game originall! - all other enemies (Piranha Plants, Koopas, Koopa Paratroopas, Bowser, Spinies...) will either kill you, or turn into a shell you can use as a weapon! Enemies that you can attack others with when you jump on them - what is this, fucking Doki Doki Panic? Fake as shit.
>>
>>3678045
>Not calling it Doki Doki Picnic
They had one job.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.