[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Possible compatibility issues

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: 20160125_161053.jpg (139KB, 896x787px) Image search: [Google]
20160125_161053.jpg
139KB, 896x787px
I got pic related and Street Fighter II Champion Edition loads to the title screen but then glitches out. I have a doujindance Duo-R and set the console and the everdrive both to JP mode so could the problem be the rom or a hardware issue? Anybody else have issues using their Turbo Everdrives?
>>
>>3677660
>set the console and the everdrive both to JP mode

i remember hearing issues with turboED on region modded systems.

the everdrive plays all regions. you may have to remove the region mod.
>>
>>3677660
Yeah the region mod is the issue.
>>
>>3677673
>>3677693
OP. Well shit, I guess I'll have to actually buy the game then. I lack the knowledge and expertise to mod.
>>
>>3677660
>doujindance
You reap what you sow hipstershit
>>
>>3678039
OP. What's wrong with doujindance?
>>
Is it worth getting a recapped Turbo-Duo/PC Engine Duo instead of a Duo R/DuoRX?

They say the original Duos fail because of a faulty resistor.
Do the guys who recap them also fix the resistor?
Or is replacing all the caps enough to make it as reliable as the R/RX revisions?
>>
>>3677693
>>3677673
Does this count for all region modded systems or only certain ones?
>>
>>3678250
A lot of turboeverdrive units have issues with region mods. Of all kinds as far as I know.
>>
>>3678048
Does shit work and his mods are known to not work with EverDrives.
>>
Let this be a lesson to the kids:

>Do your research
>>
>>3678048
See OP for one. kek
>>
>>3678108
No. Unless you prefer black over white

Go for the Duo-R every time
>>
>>3678048
he does trash mods, open up your console and enjoy hot glue and bubble wrap all over everything

https://twitter.com/Voultar_Modshop/status/800438802250485760
https://twitter.com/Voultar_Modshop/status/781667375766728704
https://twitter.com/Voultar_Modshop/status/780108298876051456
https://twitter.com/Voultar_Modshop/status/779971906179063808

You fucked up OP, put that shit back on ebay and hope you find some other sucker to take it

PS - SF2' works fine on my Everdrive with a region mod
>>
>>3678742
That last one doesn't look as bad but fuck who puts shit in plastic wrap for insulation and leaves it hanging without securing it some where.

The cap job is about what one can do without surface mounted caps although he could have used a known brand.
>>
>>3678754
>epoxy blob
>bubble wrap
>clear tape

>cold solder joints
>blobs of solder

yeah everything looks fine to me, 10/10
>>
>>3678870
I didn't say it was good. It's far from it.

It's something a home modder would do and not some one doing it to make money.
>>
>>3678570
>implying the kids will ever learn
>>
>>3678520
I only have a Turbografx with one of those region switches
>>
Is it true that all versions of the PC Engine Duo have rainbow banding on their composite video output?
>>
>>3679949
yea its what the developers intended
>>
>>3678875
a home modder should never do any of those things, the only really "acceptable" thing for an amateur to do in the things I & Voultar called out would be MAYBE solder blobs.

the rest of it is completely unacceptable by any standard, if you can't do the job properly, pay someone who can.
>>
>>3678742
drakon2.0
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.