[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi vr, I got one of this wishing to play on my, I hookep up to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 15-276-011-08.jpg (18KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
15-276-011-08.jpg
18KB, 640x480px
Hi vr, I got one of this wishing to play on my, I hookep up to my laptop and the quality is shitty,Im connecting trough the video composite cable, I know is a downgrade but I believe Im missing something, would it improve much if I get the s/video cable to the output?

my laptop doesnt have the s/video ouput it would still be vga quality but I wonder if I get a s/video cable would improve anything.
>>
>>3677465
They're shitty but if you drop your output resolution to 640x480 it'll look a little bit better
>>
>>3677498
Ive done it but wasnt pleased, I guess Im fucked.
Is there something I should it bought instead? Im about to give up and get a used wii.
>>
>>3677524
Framemeister or you can probably hack the drivers for your laptop to make the VGA port output 15khz signals an RGB SDCRT or a component one (with a transcoder) can display. You can learn all about it in the CRT thread but yeah a used Wii should only be like $30 and is way simpler.
>>
wait actually I guess framemeister is for going the other way.
>>
Using s video on that thing will defibately bump up the quality from composite
>>
>>3677584
my tv doesnt have a s/video input, so what if I get svideo to rca (so it would go connected to this box as my laptop doesnt have a s/video output video)

Would that help?
>>
Does your tv have hdmi?
>>
>>3677618
He's obviously trying to use a crt but this does remind me of a point I usually make and forgot to.

OP, you can probably get yourself a VGA CRT monitor super cheap with a little searching and if you feed it 640x480@60hz you'll be very happy with your results.

Not really "authentic" but take the pivoting base off it and it'll start looking like a TV to you pretty fast.
>>
>>3677465

I had one of these hooked to a CRT TV. My TV had shitty quality, but I was comfy playing retrogames from my laptop and lying in my bed

> Try using some emulator's filters (scanlines?) , it can help a little
>>
>>3677465
I use an HDMI to CVBS/S-Video converter instead of the VGA one. It works very well as long as you do NOT use the AC adapter, and instead allow it to draw power from the laptop/source via the HDMI cable. Using the AC adds sparkly artifacts, for some reason.

And, yeah, S-video is very nice. I haven't tried Composite. And likely won't any time soon, either.

>>3677524
This is a better option for early retro, but 5th gen does not emulate well at all, in my experience. Which puts you back at OP, if you have any interest in that.

However, GC and Wii can output 240p, making them awesome for emulation when paired with a Component cable. Again, I have no interest in Composite though.

>>3677615

CRTs are a dime a dozen. Get on Craigslist and find one close to you with whatever you're looking for. Be patient if you want to save money and get shit free.

Or do what I did. Rent a van for $500, and drive for 6 hours each way to pick up the TV of your dreams for $50.
>>
>>3677465
Yeah. Those are shit. Now you know. You can get a decent picture if your PC and screen can do component. If not consider a PC with composite or just give up.
>>
>>3680364
>Rent a van for $500, and drive for 6 hours each way to pick up the TV of your dreams for $50.
This should have been made into a YouTube video except I'm positive you're not telegenic in the slightest
>>
>>3681304
>implying it wouldn't be worth watching just to see a fat man struggle to get a 225#, 36" Trinitron up a flight of stairs while he has a heart attack

The road trip was pretty fun though. I saw some amazingly picturesque countryside, got to listen to a fuckload of random FM radio, and met some nice folks along the way.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.