[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Zelda Clones

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 15

File: golden-axe-warrior-usa-europe.png (3KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
golden-axe-warrior-usa-europe.png
3KB, 256x192px
I know of this game and Crusader of Centy, any others worth looking at?
>>
>>3675551
If you mean as in top-down action with some puzzle elements, try Beyond Oasis and Alundra.
>>
>>3675568
But of course, thats pretty much the Zelda way.
>>
>>3675551
Neutopia I and II.
>>
>>3675551
The mana series(secret of mana) is pretty good. Crusader of centy is dope. I've also heard good things about Landstalker for Genesis.
>>
Adventure
Hylide
>>
If you like Beyond Oasis like
>>3675568
suggested there's also the sequel, Legend ofd Oasis
>>
Crystalis
>>
>>3675551
ys
>>
>>3675576
>The mana series(secret of mana) is pretty good

It really, really, really is not. Secret of Mana being good was a meme that should have died decades ago.

The good SNES RPGs are still fun to play today. Secret of Mana is most definitely not one of them,
>>
File: willownes-5.png (4KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
willownes-5.png
4KB, 256x224px
Willow had the swordplay of "A link to the past" years before the SNES came out. You could stab or swing in an arc, depending on the kind of opponent you were fighting. Also different swords were better suited to different enemies.

Willow also had weather effects (during combat the music and weather changed, and wind shook the trees and the grass and shrubs fluttered). Again this was very rare to see before the 16-bit era.

It is one of the rare cases where the game adaptation was not dogshit, and that it even surpassed the film that inspired it.

https://youtu.be/lqaE_YWpuMM?t=188
>>
>>3675626
surprisingly gorgeous game too, you can tell the art takes advantage of CRT displays, on LCDs it looks like a real mess.
>>
File: terranigma-2[1].png (16KB, 256x223px) Image search: [Google]
terranigma-2[1].png
16KB, 256x223px
Terranigma
>>
Ys series and Crystalis
>>
File: d1d69bb4.png (10KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
d1d69bb4.png
10KB, 640x400px
>>3675578
It's called Hydlide.
I suggest the X1 port. It has scrolling instead of the flip screens of the other ports.
>>
>>3675578
>>3675680

fuck hydlide. Most cryptic shit with hardcore grinding... beat the game, but did not feel any joy afterwards
>>
>>3675637

Music too. Willow town music is comfy as fuck.

Capcom needed to make more games like that.
>>
>>3675680
>Hydlide
>Zelda clone
>it came before Zelda
>>
>>3675730
movie games based on fantasy films? Sure, but movies these days are kinda shit compared to the material they had then.
>>
>>3675626
the music is driving me crazy
>>
>>3675792

No just good action/adventure zelda type games.

Willow was likely another game Capcom had been developing and then they simply tuned it into Willow halfway through after licensing it.
>>
>>3675578
>Adventure
>Zelda Clone
Nigga, Adventure is Zelda's pops. Also fuck those goddamn duck dragons.
>>
File: Gunple-Town.gif (47KB, 256x238px) Image search: [Google]
Gunple-Town.gif
47KB, 256x238px
Gunman's Proof

http://www.romhacking.net/translations/622/
>>
>>3675551
Secret Quest for the 2600 is a surprisingly competent take on the formula given the system's limitations and with a little Alien Syndrome thrown in to boot.
>>
Judging from these replies, anything with a top-down view is a Zelda-clone.
So hey, op, check out The Chaos Engine. It's exactly what you are asking for.
>>
>>3675832
This game is almost too comfy.
>>
File: Blood Omen.jpg (81KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Blood Omen.jpg
81KB, 640x480px
Blood Omen is a cool Zelda clone. Very atmospheric.

Silicon Knights was at its best when it unabashed took gameplay from previous games and attached their world and story to it. (Also see Soul Reaver which smartly plays just like OoT.)
>>
File: RJ175522_img_smp2.jpg (226KB, 768x720px) Image search: [Google]
RJ175522_img_smp2.jpg
226KB, 768x720px
Silk Road ~Tale of the Star Island~
1999 Windows game; re-released for modern Windows versions earlier this year
http://www.dlsite.com/eng/work/=/product_id/RE175522.html
>>
>>3675637

cool troll
>>
>>3675551
wait whats this
>>
>>3675671
One of the best SNES games ever. Ameritards will never admit this.
>>
>>3676842
Golden Axe Warrior on the SEGA Master System.
>>
File: bomberman-quest-usa.png (2MB, 1370x1370px) Image search: [Google]
bomberman-quest-usa.png
2MB, 1370x1370px
Bomberman Quest for GBC is neat
>>
>>3676970
I am American, that game is super
>>
>>3676425

That looks cute as fuck
>>
>>3676970
Soul Blazer > Terranigma > Illusion of Gaia
>>
File: alundra-ps1-village.jpg (94KB, 400x268px) Image search: [Google]
alundra-ps1-village.jpg
94KB, 400x268px
>>3675551
Already told by >>3675568 but Alundra is absolutely my favorite "Zelda clone", I had a blast playing with friends in the old times (even though it's a singleplayer game), I remember the puzzles and enemies being far more hardcore than regular 2D Zeldas.

There's also a Alundra 2, that's generally regarded as a bad game... But to tell you the truth, I still think it's pretty fun and has great momments, obviously not better than the first one, but still a decent adventure-rpg.
>>
>>3676972
Not as good as Zelda 1, but still good.
>>
>>3676425
I would play but
>Not english
There's no point, guides are not my style either.
>>
I wouldn't call these Zelda clones, but I enjoyed Brain Lord and Soul Blazer.

>>3676357
Kind of wish this game had subtitles.
There's a fan remake in the works called Blood Omnicide.
>>
Deadly Towers
>>
I remember hearing about this zelda clone but can't remember the name for the life of me. It was on NES, had both fantasy and sci fi elements, and the dungeons were these towers with multoliple floors. I remember also that the main character was a girl but at that end you find out you were cursed and were actually a guy. Anyone know what I'm refering to?
>>
>>3675612
>Secret of mana being good is a meme
You have revealed yourself to be a fool
>>
>>3677287
Agreed. Everyone remembers Alundra 2 as a bad game because everyone (me included) hoped for a proper sequel, not a spiritual successor. Alundra is my favourite game of all time so you can probably guess how pissed I was playing Alundra 2 for the first time but I recently replayed it and it isn't that bad, far from it in fact. But it just doesn't live up to the first game.
>>
>>3677398
>>
>>3677735
Thanks, remember seeing it on chrontendo and it sounding kinda interesting.
>>
>>3676357
>(Also see Soul Reaver which smartly plays just like OoT.)

Nah Soul Reaver was actually modeled on Tomb Raider which was explicitly forced on the development by Edios
>>
>>3676970
But a lot of Americans claim it's a great game.
>>
>>3675551
Land Stalker and Light Crusader are must-plays.
>>
>>3675551
Dink Smallwood.
>>
>>3677412
Not him but he's right.
That series is mediocre at best. Wonderful graphics and music but the gameplay is really dumb. Especially SOM on SNES - the writing is terrible and the level design is really bland. The worst thing is it presents itself as an action game, giving you the ability to move about in real time and attack your enemies directly etc - but then when the enemies attack you can be standing literally on the other side of the screen and if they make pissy little attack that misses you, you take damage anyway.
The combat in SD3 isn't any better - you literally hold the button down to attack, you don;t even have to move your character up to the enemy coz it's all automated.
>>
File: FFA.png (3KB, 320x288px) Image search: [Google]
FFA.png
3KB, 320x288px
>>3679163
The first game is great tho
>>
File: 36995-Herc's_Adventures_[U]-3.png (51KB, 640x464px) Image search: [Google]
36995-Herc's_Adventures_[U]-3.png
51KB, 640x464px
>>
>>3679163
>SOM had terrible writing
A lot of the bad writing in SOM can be attributed to the game's text boxes using a fixed width font suited for Japanese.language. I'd suggest trying again with the FuSoYa patch. It adds support for variable width fonts and offers a new translation using the original Japanese text.

I'll grant that the combat is pretty fucked though, but only when compared to today's standards. In its time, it was one of the first games to really mesh RPG and Action mechanics in a good way. (Diablo eventually does it better, of course.)
>>
File: illusionofgaia-coveru.jpg (79KB, 640x463px) Image search: [Google]
illusionofgaia-coveru.jpg
79KB, 640x463px
this shit right here
>>
>>3679307
One of my all time favorite games, so much so I had to buy it complete.
Can't believe they made an actual remake of it, not just a revision like Sword of Mana.
>>
Super SMASH TV
>>
Sylvan tale for game gear
>>
ITT: every game is a Zelda clone.

I've never seen a video game that really made me this, "Woah this is like Zelda," but I've always wanted to play Spiritual Warfare.
>>
>>3683817
>wanted to play Spiritual Warfare.

Waiting for Wisdom Tree to release the best version (PC) of Spiritual Warfare on steam like they did with Super 3D Noah's Ark.
>>
>>3683132
Lel. How the fuck it's zelda-like, you tard?
>>
Final Fantasy Adventure
>>
>>3683132
Great game, but only the screen change is Zelda like... the gameplay is far from it...
>>
>>3684042
8 bit graphics
>>
File: neutopia_sea_sphere_a.png (671KB, 2140x1664px) Image search: [Google]
neutopia_sea_sphere_a.png
671KB, 2140x1664px
>>3683817
Neutopia, cited really early in this thread, gets a lot of the formula right and has an especially good soundtrack. Playing this game made me think, "Ah, so this is the Turbografx's take on Zelda".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YG2P4JevME
>>
>>3684087

I can't believe every NES game is a Zelda clone.
>>
>>3675997
these dont look like rocks, they just look like various womens asses in yoga pants
>>
>>3675997
the town music is probably some of the top comfy material of all time

>>3676425
whoa this looks really good
>>
>>3675612
SoM is not the legendary legend that people make it out to be, but its pretty damn good. Yes, the sprites all have this weird herky jerky movement. yes, everything has two frames of animation, yes the story is a potato. but its fun to play and the music and graphics are great. it is also cute, and fun, and you get to rescue Santa Claus
>>
>>3675626
you can't really say it surpasses the movie, when they have almost nothing in common. reallly, its a top down action rpg with some Willow decoration sprinkled over it

not that I am bashing it! I love the game. There is this theory, however, that Capcom had made the game, before they got the Willow license, and just edited the sprites to look like the movie. I am almost sure this is what happened.
>>
>>3679163
yeah, they oversold the "action" part of the RPG. its really a hybrid turn-based game. especially when you get later battle techniques that have to be charged
>>
Is Graal Online still a thing?
>>
Golvellius
>>3675578
Both of those games were ripped off by Zelda.
>>
Ys > Zelda
>>
>>3684686
>zelda clone
>>
>>3684906
What's wrong with that? Ys came out after Zelda.
>>
>>3684909
>ZELDA clone
>>
>>3684941
It's a Zelda clone. Falcom wanted something easy to get into and out of so they copied the successful Zelda.
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.