[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

reload! reload!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 10

File: ss+(2016-12-13+at+04.34.17).jpg (152KB, 955x664px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-12-13+at+04.34.17).jpg
152KB, 955x664px
reload! reload!
>>
>>3674102
SOMEBODY HELP ME
>>
Suffer, like G did?
>>
>>3674102
>millenials will never know the frustration of trying to understand a lightgun game for the first time.

I had to ask the arcade owner how the fuck reloading worked. It's still one of the weirdest mechanisms in existence, when you think about it.
>>
>>3674874
>pointing the gun away from the screen is confusing

Yeah, what a brainteaser, especially with the flashing on-screen messages explaining it.
>>
>>3674893
Typical millenial. I would have expected nothing less, and certainly nothing more. With your short attention span, it's really no surprise you missed the entire point of what I was saying; that it was weird and strange to learn of it the first time.
>>
File: u.jpg (33KB, 465x309px) Image search: [Google]
u.jpg
33KB, 465x309px
>>3674874
>I had to ask the arcade owner how the fuck reloading worked.

>that awkward where you realize it's just you
>>
>>3674904
>gun does things based on where it points on screen
>gun does something else when pointed off screen

Again, a real puzzler.
>>
>>3674874
Hmm... Maybe you're just retarded? They explain it pretty well in the game.
>>
File: 1481240871004.jpg (18KB, 478x450px) Image search: [Google]
1481240871004.jpg
18KB, 478x450px
I once saw a girl straight throwing herself down onto the ground to duck in Time Crisis back when it was new.
>>
>>3674874
You're literally fucking retarded.
>>
>>3674874
>I had to ask the arcade owner how the fuck reloading worked.
Man, I can't imagine being this stupid. It's up there with that joke where someone walks up to the first goomba in Super Mario and then he just makes a sad face and jumps off the screen instead of talking to it.

Honestly, how many possibilities were there, even if you were blind and couldn't read the flashing message? Shooting at the screen didn't work, the start button does nothing, merely pointing the gun outside the screen does nothing, it's really just process of elimination. I could understand developing a weird habit like only aiming up or down to reload, but not being so dumbfounded that you had to ask someone.
>>
>>3675147
He must be some brazilian or mexican that don't understang english. He sounds pretty brazilian with all this cult to frustration.
>>
>>3675132
She was a time traveler. She was used to VR games
>>
>>3674102
RE-RE-RE-RE-RE-RE-RE-RE-RE-RELOAD
>that one kid who didn't know you were supposed to shoot outside the screen to reload
>>
>>3675328
This nigga rite here nailed it
>>
>>3675132
>>3675331
Nope, there was already a game like that in the arcade. It was Police 911.
>>
>>3675359
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiKa9aC6gQ8
>>
>>3675359
Loved that game. Though, thats more of a bob, weave, and duck. Like the boxing game by the same people.

This girl, was like, omg get the fuck down! And would drop and take cover on the arcade machine as if she was actually about to get shot, completely missing the pedal.
>>
>>3675362
that looks pretty fun
>>
>>3675617
Had to pleasure to try it a coupla times, the core game isn't half bad but that cover gimmick makes it exhilarating, I was sweaty and kinda hurting at the end of my sessions 'cause I was moving all over like crazy!
>>
File: President-Obama-grinning-1.jpg (45KB, 460x268px) Image search: [Google]
President-Obama-grinning-1.jpg
45KB, 460x268px
>mfw the Parodius level of Lethal Enforcers
>>
>>3674102
holy shit I had a vague childhood dream about this game the other day

now I finally now what it's called

I cannot believe it
>>
>>3674102
FUCK YEAH
Virtua Cop

I have to shill a bit for the saturn virtua cop 2.

It has an additional mode ( called original mode iirc ) that rewards you for riddeling the enemies with as many bullets as possible.
It every hit fills a meter, which in turn leads to a score multiplier, which leads to weapon upgrades.
Together with the fact that enemies get pushed back from every bullet impact so that you can almost juggle them makes this mad fun.

Nothing ever got me closer to to the feeling of being in a john woo movie, than playing VC2 with two lightguns.
>>
>>3675641

Yu Suzuki got the idea for the camera system in a dream.
>>
>>3676671
A dream of shooting people.
>>
>>3674102
Hahaha
>>
File: yu would never have guessed.png (50KB, 220x365px) Image search: [Google]
yu would never have guessed.png
50KB, 220x365px
>>3676671
>>3676674

some of you guys are alright

don't go to Sega headquarters tomorrow...
>>
>>3675362
>>3675617
Had one of these in a mall arcade in Bumblefuck, West Virginia when I was a kid. This was my favorite game there.
>>
>>3675362
Just picked up the PS2 port with a compatible camera.

I really wish it supported the guncon. A bunch of old PS1 games actually got patches for guncon support, but nobody made one for this, I'm guessing because it's a piece of shit to get set-up, and the American version didn't even have any camera support.
>>
>>3676758
a shooting... at sega headquaters...tomorrow?
>>
>>3676758
If he didn't shoot them up during mid to late 2000's for basically shutting him out of any real game development he isn't going to do it now with Shenmue 3 coming out.

Sega did him wrong though, he should definitely shoot some cunts.
>>
File: Akimbo_fun.jpg (662KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
Akimbo_fun.jpg
662KB, 2592x1944px
>>3674874
Being broke meant I did a lot of spectating in arcades. Watched a lot of attract modes which typically gave instructions.

>>3675362
I loved this game and Mo-Cap Boxing. Fun times to be had at movie theaters. At one time, arcades had these elaborate setups to distinguish themselves from home consoles (I'm thinking Punchmania's pads or the rhythm games with high quality controls). These motion controls were fun, I guess it could be replicated with a Kinect these days.

I remember a Dreamcast game my friends and I played, 4 player simultaneous lightgun action was seizure inducing (at times only one player should use the d-pad to move the character) ... I think it was Death Crimson
>>
File: pg[1].jpg (79KB, 640x482px) Image search: [Google]
pg[1].jpg
79KB, 640x482px
I used to play the PC port. Anyone remember the Proving Ground mode?
>>
>>3677201
Been looking at getting it my self, finding the camera (cheap) in the UK is a bit of a prig
Looking round on a list then searching Ebay/amazon gives mixed results

If only it worked with the eyetoy
>>
>>3674874
Pal, I'm literally a milennial, I played a light gun game (well, in an actual cabinet) exactly once in my life - Jurassic Park - and I don't remember having any fucking problems figuring out you're supposed to point away from the screen, and it wasn't strange - I assumed it was supposed to mimic the motion of holding your gun up and inserting a new magazine or something like that, and I moved on, because there were fucking dinosaurs to kill.
You dumb fuck.
>>
>Virtua City
How deep is the lore?
>>
>>3678046
>inserting a new magazine
Exactly. When I play House of the Dead, I like to quickly flick the gun to the side to reload, like I'm throwing out the empty cartridge.
>>
>>3678826
>Slow down
lmao
>>
>>3674874
I get what you mean. At first I thought it's just the light, but when I tried pointing at a lamp it still reloaded, so that debunked my theory. Worse is the fact that then I had the zapper which worked exactly how I imagined it would.
>>
I love this series, particularly the first one, which I've 1CCed.

I never shot off the screen to reload; I just covered the gun.

>>3676432
The PC version of Virtua Cop (called Virtua Squad) has this, too.
>>
>>3676671
Virtua Cop camera system? What do you mean?
Being a while since I played, but I don't remember the camera being special.
>>
>>3674874
This is some HQ bait for /vr/.
>tfw you'll never beat the shit out of Time Crisis 2 in one run again with your brother
Felt good having a competent partner all the time
>>
>>3674904
What, are millenials the only intelligent generation or something? You really have to be retarded to not not get the reload mechanic.
>>
>>3674874
Maybe if you're used to how handguns work in real life and you're looking for a magazine release button or trying to pull the slide back? But the game does tell you to shoot off the side of the screen...
>>
RELOAD
RELOAD
RE RE RE RE
SHOOT OUTSIDE THE SCREEN!
>>
>>3679954
You don't remember all the crazy movement and zooming? VC has the best camera in any shooter, and half of it is all generated on the fly depending on what enemies are left on screen.
>>
>>3674904
If you were born on or after 1980, you're a millennial.
>>
>>3680051
Not him
1988 chile.
I never had a problem with the reload. Many games had an anti-idiots tutorial durning the insert coin intro like house of the dead.

Very sad that new generations will never play with somethim as acurate as a lightgun

Fuck psmove is fucking horrendous. Everytime i try to play galgun i end full in anger playing with the pad. Same shit for house of the dead 4
>>
>>3679032
Only very primitive light guns work this way. The Zapper is one of that group. Funny, since the Light Phaser is not.
>>
>>3677531
Hey it's you again! Judging by your collection you sure aren't broke now! Good for you, I'm glad you finally made it. May the rest of us join you.
>>
>>3674874
I promise most millenials have been to an arcade, they arent that old.
>>
>>3680027
Ah yes, come to think of it I forgot about the dynamic camera. I have to remind myself this game came out at a time Lethal Enforcers was the standard.
That was a cool feature for sure.
>>
>>3680195
Even something like TC is remarkably static. While there's a lot of neat camera movement in cutscenes, there's really very little during play.
>>
>>3678826

If Virtua Quest is to be believed, pretty deep.
>>
>>3680142
Yeah, I've read about it. But the then-younger me even formulated tons of stupid theories (from infra-red to gyro) in order to trick the machine.
>>
>>3678826
Wait, was the track in your picture originally from Sega GT?
>>
>>3674874

I'm a millenial, I'm fucking 30.

And most games have giant ass flashing red all-caps letters that say SHOOT OUTSIDE THE SCREEN TO RELOAD.
>>
>>3675359

Not /vr/ bur I fucking love that game

The boxing one, too.
>>
>>3674904
literal autism
>>
>>3681812
No, that's the Skyscrapers stage from OutRun 2 SP
>>
>>3680150
Nope, still broke. I just frequent /vr/ and post pics (oftentimes reusing one I already took to conserve energy). I am posting right now from work, between flipping burgers. I hate being poor.
>>
File: 20160822_005404.jpg (1MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
20160822_005404.jpg
1MB, 2560x1920px
>>3682939
This is the last picture I took from work, no time to make one of Duck Hunt or something.
>>
>>3674874
yeah that's literally just you
>>
>>3675362
>this was never ported to Wii

Missed opportunity. Should have had this and the sequel together on one disc.
>>
>>3674102
Awesome game. The sequel is one of the best games ever.
>>
>>3683002
Would that work, though? It would only be detecting the remote, not your whole body. You could just move the remote off screen to evade.
>>
Does the Virtua Cop series have the deepest scoring system of any light gun shooters?
>>
>>3683040
Close as we're ever going to get on a home console.

>You could just move the remote off screen

Everyone would be diving across their living rooms and you know it.
>>
>>3674874
>guy makes fond reminiscent statement
>entire underage b& board population ratpacks him for his millennial remark

I've yet to see a board that is as quick to anger and have a tantrum over innocuous posts like this than /vr/. You guys are more rabid and frenzied over stupid shit than /v/ and /vg/. I need to stay off the gamer boards for a while.
>>
>>3683052
>>Close as we're ever going to get on a home console.
The whole point is that it tracks the gun and your body separately.

The PS2 version was fine, the issue was it came out too early to support the Eyetoy.
>>
>>3677201
As an addendum, the hyper blaster works completely fine on this now I've gotten around to trying it out.

What's bizarre is that it didn't work FOR SHIT on the PS1 when I tried it, requiring the brightness jacked up in every single game I tried. I guess the PS2 improved the detection some way, which is weird.

My issue with it is space, really. My room is pretty small, and it likes picking up the gun instead of my head if I try and play sitting down.

I'm gonna try moving my monitor to a better location in a few days and see if that fixes the issue with the tracking, it's obvious it expects me to be a lot further away than the 2 feet I can manage right now, and standing up.
>>
File: foerverially wrapped.png (411KB, 477x433px) Image search: [Google]
foerverially wrapped.png
411KB, 477x433px
>>3682090
>Not /vr/
It was released in 2000.
>>
>>3683002
>>3683040
So, HTC Vive.
>>
>>3683491
Vive would be a good port.

I'm looking forward to what happens with VR when people stop jerking off over pointless shit like presence, the headsets are under 200 bucks with hand tracking, and someone at Sega or Namco realises they've got a dozens of old light gun games they could package up into virtual arcade cabinets and make bank on. The current offerings of expensive toys for manchildren and lazy indie games because nobody wants to invest for a potential audience of 5 is just sad to see.
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.