[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New Snes Fighter announced:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 13

File: unholy-night.jpg-3[1].png (1MB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
unholy-night.jpg-3[1].png
1MB, 1000x750px
http://realotakugamer.com/unholy-night-new-fighter-for-snes-by-ex-snk-developers-announced
>>
>>3674035

What monitor is that?
>>
>by devs of kizuna encounter and KOF98

Sign me in, I'm hype.

Dem tits doe.
>>
>>3674035
Kickass, I hope this game is a success.
>>
File: un-screen-1-198116.jpg (45KB, 400x287px) Image search: [Google]
un-screen-1-198116.jpg
45KB, 400x287px
EX SNK devs seem to be getting pretty active lately. First Yatagarasu, now this. I wonder what the game will play like, the hardware isn't exactly the best.

The designs in OP's pic look a lot like Iroha and Morrigan. The game also has a werewolf much like in Darkstalkers and one more dude who looks like a mash of Oswald and Saiki.
>>
>>3674040
Super Famicom Naizou TV SF1, A Sharp TV with a Super Famicom built in. They're awesome.
>>
>>3674035

How many characters will get in it?
>>
Curious they'd do it on the snes. If anything, the Dreamcast would seem to be a nice old console to go for.
>>
>>3674061
>the hardware isn't exactly the best.

SNES can be pretty good for fighting games.

If they can pull something like what Natsume did with Gundam Endless Duel we'll be fine.
I think Endless Duel wasn't even a big cart, this one will be 32MB.
>>
>>3674068

It'd need a chip though. Why even bother? Making a custom snes chip is going to be expensive. Is this going to not bother with real hardware and go full flashcart? Then they might as well just go SFX2 and overclock it to 30hz or something like that.
>>
File: un-screen-5-198120.jpg (59KB, 450x323px) Image search: [Google]
un-screen-5-198120.jpg
59KB, 450x323px
>>3674068
Whoops, forgot to post a screen. Here it is.

This doesn't look as nice as Neo Geo sprites to me: these have less halftones and smaller resolution. Reminds me of GBA versions of KoF. So that's why I'm not very impressed.

As for Endless Waltz, I literally just played it 5 minutes ago. A great game, but then again, it was done by a big developer experienced with SNES late in the console's life cycle. Plus it used the engine of an existing Power Rangers fighting game, so they had time and money to flesh it out a bit. And here we have devs probably new to SNES altogether. Experienced with fighters of course, but probably not with the hardware (unless they teamed up with some old SNES devs).

As a platform, SNES had some good fighters of course, but compared to Neo Geo or any other 5th gen console it just didn't age very well. Animations are choppier, the palette is limited, the sprites are smaller, the resolution is low, and so on. Not to mention that Super SF2 and SFZ2 needed chips to work (and still were flawed compared to arcade originals).

So why these devs chose SNES? I have no idea. It has so many limitations, and you can already see the in-game artwork looks kinda flawed—some dithering here, some pixelated letters there. I certainly wouldn't call it "charm" too. I assume it'd look much better on PS, Saturn, DC or any later platform.
>>
>>3674114
I know nothing about game development, but could it be related to budget or anything like that?
>>
>>3674114

Well of course it's not as good as a Neo Geo.

I think they wanted to make a game on a retro console, and I think that's cool enough. New games made for /vr/ hardware is always welcome, no matter the console. The fact it's by devs from KOF98 set the expectation really high though.
I'm not expecting a masterpiece, but I hope it's good, I really like the artwork on that screenshot.
>>
>>3674114
>these have less halftones and smaller resolution.

Maybe that could be cause the SNES runs at a lower resolution and cannot display as many colors compared to the Neogeo.
>>
>>3674067
How versatile is the dreamcast?
>>
>>3674167

It's very similar to a Naomi arcade machine. It can run shit like SF3, Guilty Gear X.
>>
>>3674167

It's good for 3D games like Soul Calibur, but I'm not sure how good it is for 2D, I remember capcom games like vampire savior and Sfa3 being better on Saturn.

GGX on DC was pretty good though.
>>
>ex-SNK devs announce a new fighting game for a retro system
>/vr/ instead argue about console specs

never change
>>
>by ex snk devs

my feels
>>
ROM dump when?
>>
but whats the point though? why not just make an indie game instead for modern systems?
>>
>>3674173
Marvel Vs. Capcom is fucking amazing on the DC, I always thought it was phenominally suited for arcade ports like that. I mean look at the PS1 version comparatively.
>>
>>3674183

Yeah but PS1 is known for not having good 2D arcade ports.
Sadly Saturn never got MvC games, but it has X-men vs SF and it's pretty damn good. Granted, it uses the 4MB RAM cart.
>>
>>3674035
Awesome news! There totally aren't enough fighters done by SNK guys. kek

>>3674067
Not curious at all. the SNES is the go to meme console. That 68k guys would choose it as a platform shows the driving force is memeology not technology.
>>
>>3674114
Bitch, Súper Vanilla didnt needed a specially chip, only Alpha 2 did because that one was 8 mb compressed into 4mb.
>>
>>3674196

>all this salt
>>
>>3674154
Well that's what I meant.

>>3674123
It doesn't mean these were the main creators of the game, might be sprite artists/programmers and such.

>>3674123
>>3674119
A logical choice for a game like this one would be PC. Easiest development, distribution, netplay, less hardware constraints and so on. I hear there are some shmups still made for 5th gen and DC, so that's also an option. But SNES? Very unusual choice.

Obviously, Neo Geo was far closer to 5th gen than SNES in its tech specs. Given the devs have KoF background, it's also fitting to remember that the series always used an art style relying on halftones and higher resolution than SNES for more realistic look without outlines. SNK never even made games specifically for SNES. Ports of its games were done by Takara, but these were pretty stripped down.

Last but not least, what about the VS mode? I frankly don't know how one would organize a tournament with this game today. But forget tournaments, even if you want to simply play it with someone else, what do you do? Invite him home?

So why they suddenly chose SNES is still completely beyond me.
>>
>>3674035
This is awesome! Majorly looking forward to this.
>>
>>3674067
I've got an even better idea, how about they do it with hand drawn 60fps HD sprites on modern hardware and keep it in development hell for seven or eight years
>>
>>3674204
>So why they suddenly chose SNES is still completely beyond me.

Is it really that dramatic, though?

SFC is a very popular console in Japan still today. It's not that impossible or unusual.
>>
>>3674197
My bad. Forgot about this.
>>
>>3674207

This. SNES sprites are something a dev team can actually produce in a reasonable amount of time.
>>
>>3674181
why wouldn't you want to keep these consoles alive
>>
>>3674210
I don't hear about many games made for it though. Maybe I've missed them, but still.

And I mean, it's fine for single-player genres. Shmups, RPGs, etc. But a fighter? Just go with PC or console download title.

>>3674207
Strawman argument. No, let's make it for 2600 instead
>>
>>3674207
This is one thing Japanese "indie devs" get right IMO. They'll put out a game in 640x480 only if it fits.
>>
So, we are potentially getting an actual SFC game made by actual veteran game devs who made 2D sprite-based games back when such things were modern and yet people still complain. As for why they didn't make it for some other system or just make it PC only, I'd imagine this was specifically made for SFC as a passion project.
>>
File: geese-shoes.jpg (55KB, 608x448px) Image search: [Google]
geese-shoes.jpg
55KB, 608x448px
>>3674035

>SNES

The fuck for?! you're better off building for the Dreamcast. Is there that much demand for a new fighter that's gonna run like ass because of the devs boner for 16 bit?
>>
File: un-screen-3-198118.jpg (55KB, 450x323px) Image search: [Google]
un-screen-3-198118.jpg
55KB, 450x323px
>>3674249
You have to make a distinction. It's made by veteran Neo Geo devs, not SNES devs. And the game doesn't look especially good so far. Just what your average GBA fighter looks like really.

If "sprite games" are all the same to you, and not being able to play it with live opponents doesn't concern you, then you obviously haven't played any SNK games in your life. After Last Blade or even early KoF games, Unholy Night doesn't look like anything special at all.
>>
>>3674114
>Endless Waltz

You mean Endless DUEL?
>>
>>3674293
Wait there was a fighting game based on Endless Waltz? I loved Gundam Wing when it aired on Toonami, how'd I never know about this?
>>
File: dog sick of your shit.jpg (33KB, 500x669px) Image search: [Google]
dog sick of your shit.jpg
33KB, 500x669px
>>3674293
Fuck I mixed them up again

>>3674297
Well, it was Japan-only. Get it, it's fucking awesome but not that well balanced though. Still probably the best fighting game on SNES aside for SSFII.
>>
>>3674258

So make one.
>>
>>3674297
there's lots of gundam games
>>
>>3674271
>not being able to play it with live opponents doesn't concern you

So there's no 2 Player mode? The photos sure seem to show people playing against eachother.

And pretty hard to say anything about the quality of the fighting based on a few screenshots. The graphics look pretty good for SNES, too, though some of the BGs they showed look a bit dull.

For right now, I definitely find the idea intriguing, but I will certainly hold final judgment until it is released. Keep in mind that this isn't the final version.
>>
SNK basically just made shitty SF2 clones that were only beloved by people in third-world countries where the local arcades couldn't afford actual vidya
>>
>>3674308

Well that's not really an answer. I just think it's odd they'd intentionally go for SNES when as Neo Geo devs they have experience working on more complex machines that would allow them to do better things.

Does the SNES even have a huge fighting game install base?
>>
File: 1461828826041.jpg (59KB, 700x547px) Image search: [Google]
1461828826041.jpg
59KB, 700x547px
>>3674204
Why wouldn't you be able to do tournaments with this game?
>>
>>3674334
Keep telling yourself that

>>3674330
> Wow you don't like thing? Well you can't make a better thing so you have no right to judge those who made it. So all video game criticism is really hypocrisy! See how I stumped you with my perfect logic.

>>3674330
> So there's no 2 Player mode?
There's one, but why bother with SNES when online fighting has been big since SFIV? It's not even made for arcades, making multiplayer stupidly inconvenient. Do they expect people to emulate the game to play it online? Then why go through all the hoops of making it for SNES?

> And pretty hard to say anything about the quality of the fighting based on a few screenshots.
If they were making it for mechanics, they sure as fuck wouldn't make it for SNES where no one would play it competitively. Good luck to those looking to organize tournaments for this thing.
>>
>>3674167
Atomiswave is Dreamcast hardware and SNK made games for it. I think it's more likely they chose SNES because it sold the most consoles during the 16-bit days which, if they're going for retro, is a good fit.
>>
>>3674350
Competitive fighting games need live people playing against each other. This used to be done in arcades. Now it's done online.

SNES is neither of these things. What do you expect, people inviting each other home to play the game? How are people supposed to train then?

Then, the obscurity of the platform. You can't use a monitor with it unless you have some sort of an adapter. You can't use your usb arcade stick.

Anyway, most people simply wouldn't bother with it. You want to make a fighting game but are tight on budget? Just make it for PC. Sprite quality doesn't matter that much—look at Melty Blood for example. There are still tons of doujin games that manage to sell and they don't use "60fps hand drawn HD sprites". SNES is simply inconvenient and super gimmicky, like vinyl albums

Speaking of which, according to RIAA, in the first half of 2016, the vinyl sales have finally dropped by 6% for albums and by 24% for singles. Hehehe
>>
>>3674204
>even if you want to simply play it with someone else, what do you do? Invite him home?

Have you never had contact with another human being in your life?
>>
>>3674397
>What do you expect, people inviting each other home to play the game? How are people supposed to train then?

Were you not around for in-person console multiplayer games? You train against the computer, against friends, or in local tournaments. And besides, not every game has to be made for arcade/EVO competition.
>>
>>3674397
Melee and 64 still have a scene dude. People still do real life sparring partners and get all their practice at tournaments
>>
>>3674405
Have you ever played SF? You need to play it in arcades against live people to gid gud. Otherwise, it's a waste of time. Inviting your friends who know shit about fighters will get you only that far button mashing with Eddie Gordo.

>>3674409
It's like using split screen multiplayer in shooters when you have online.

> You train against the computer, against friends
As I said above, you will never get to a good enough level like this. You will get your ass served by the first more or less savvy player you'll meet who has been training in arcades.

> in local tournaments
Yeah. Good luck finding it for an ultra-obscure indie SNES game.

> And besides, not every game has to be made for arcade/EVO competition.
Fighting games are never made for single player. They have complex mechanics and you can greatly benefit from having an experienced sparring partner. So if I don't emulate it, what am I going to do, buy plane tickets to people I want to play with?

>>3674421
Because they're playing it online. These games were made when there was no online multiplayer. But why deliberately make a game like this today, which will probably sell less than a thousand copies? Emulation also doesn't bring devs money, you know.
>>
>>3674437
Just go back to /v.
>>
>>3674035
Those are some big ol tiddies
>>
>>3674074
They can literally put a dirt cheap FPGA or even an ARM chip in the cartridge and it'd be able to do more in software than any of the chips developed specifically for the carts back in the day. Additionally, it'd make emulation impossible unless someone reverse engineered what the additional cartridge chip was doing (unlikely anyone would bother for a single game).
>>
File: 2016-12-11 08-23-03.webm (2MB, 896x672px) Image search: [Google]
2016-12-11 08-23-03.webm
2MB, 896x672px
Why doesn't /vr/ do its own retro dev?
>>
>>3674458
Nice "argument" bro. Who cares about competitive depth, convenience of playing and good sprite graphics! The game being on SNES is far more important!
>>
>>3674437
>because they're online
No. That's not the reason and most people still don't go online for these games
>>
Wonder how much they'll sell it for. Might import it and play it on my SFC if it doesn't get a western release.
>>
>>3674497
>Nice "argument" bro. Who cares about competitive depth,

>Who cares about competitive depth

Certainly not the the 80+ percent of people who play video games for fun.

Fuck you and the whole FGC. How much harder does SF5 need to bomb before you realize that the genre doesn't revolve around you just because you talk shit online.
>>
>>3674035
Will it come out in the USA on standard carts is my question? because if it comes with an original box, manual and all that good shit i will buy it just for that as long as its not over 100 bucks.
>>
SNK needs to stop fucking around with this fighting game fad and focus on making a sequel to Crystalis already
>>
>>3674497
Your argument seems to boil down to "I cannot grasp that some people play games differently than I do and therefore don't understand that some gamers have no problem playing a fighting game either as 1P vs computer or in person 1P vs 2P and are potentially interested in the outcome of a newly developed game running on SNES hardware."

It was displayed at what is literally an expo for enthusiasts of retro games. Maybe they will make an variant that can be played online, who knows. But you are clearly coming from a viewpoint that the only value of fighting games is to play them competitively, so the "drawbacks" of this endeavor might mean it isn't for you.
>>
File: Overwatch-Guide-Rein-01.jpg (422KB, 1920x1195px) Image search: [Google]
Overwatch-Guide-Rein-01.jpg
422KB, 1920x1195px
>>3674061
>>
File: LOGH.jpg (108KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
LOGH.jpg
108KB, 960x720px
>>3674061
>reighthart

NANI!?!??!
>>
>>3674531
Not the guy you're talking to, and as a disclaimer I certainly agree that he's being nuts. But,
>Fuck you and the whole FGC. How much harder does SF5 need to bomb before you realize that the genre doesn't revolve around you just because you talk shit online.
What does sales have to do with the 'still' growing competitive community. What's more SF5 is a single game inside of the many games that compose the communities that make up the FGC. Marvel was outright not being sold and yet that community still continues to survive and thrive.

Anyways let's talk about your statement.
>>3674531
>Certainly not the the 80+ percent of people who play video games for fun.
I'm not sure that matters when it comes to making a game that has an already established target audience.

>that the genre doesn't revolve around you just because you talk shit online.
The FGC is a big part of their respective communities. You fail to realize that most of the events that run around the year both local and otherwise are done by fans and people that are FGC. People that actually care in and out of the game they're playing about the future and continuation of fighting games.
>>
wait is this yatagarasu devs? if so where's muh ggpo???
>>3674271
lol that looks like it says SHIT
>>
>>3674548
BUT BRO IF IT'S A CARTRIDGE HOW DO THEY RELEASE BALANCE PATCHES AND DLC
>>
>>3674531
> people who play video games for fun.
What did they forget in fighting games though? No, seriously, by now you haven't realized that fighting games are made with competitive play in mind? You might as well complain about Starcraft being ruined by competitive players.

You know, sorry to break it to you, but 99% of fighting games are made for competition, expecting players to know all the mechanics from older games. Otherwise, there'd be no 360 movements, no 6 button layouts, no 1 frame links and so on. That's what people play them for, yes. And they enjoy it, just like other people enjoy playing Civilization. Literally no one cares what you think about it.

> Fuck you and the whole FGC.
Someone's salty he's getting his ass kicked every time. Sweep alone doesn't work anymore?

>>3674548
You have some point, but you see, KoF '98 is a household name for a reason. It was a staple of competitive play, when KoF suddenly stopped being "ayy all SNK memes in one game" to when SNK finally showed they could make a balanced games too, not only bright characters.

The thing is, virtually all famous fighting games aside from some exceptions like MK got to where they are today while being complex and deep. But look where MK went in 5th gen after the novelty wore off. And look where SFIII, a game that failed in arcades worldwide, wound up after EVO moment #37.

That's not how FGC plays them: that's how they're meant to be played. How the devs intended, if you will. You probably could play it for fun, but would you play a strategy game for fun? Maybe, for several hours, but then you'd forget it, because it'd get absolutely dull and boring. That's why Clay Fighter died out and no one cares about it, and partly why Street Fighter is still going strong even after a lot of failed games.
>>
glad you guys found a thread to ruin besides the mortal kombat one, not sure if it's got legs anymore
>>
Niggas you realize this is the first version of the game, if it proves successful enough I'm sure it's coming to PC with extra features.
Besides there's nothing wrong with playing with friends.
>>
>>3674610
Balanced games suck. Some characters should be stronger than others.
>>
File: shino.png (210KB, 608x600px) Image search: [Google]
shino.png
210KB, 608x600px
>>3674570
>What does sales have to do with the 'still' growing competitive community.

EVERYTHING, moron.

MKXI sells copies in the millions, SF4 sold MILLIONS. Capcom expected this to sell millions and it only sells a fraction of the expected sales capcom wanted. Do you know why? Because they pushed the game out to target the FGC and tournament crowd directly dropping key modes from the game.

It's fucking math. Capcom targets the "hardcore"
and the game is a disaster. Mortal Kombat gives the casual something to get into and it's a massive success.

>>3674610

>No, seriously, by now you haven't realized that fighting games are made with competitive play in mind?

Competitive doesn't always mean suck Evo's dick. People play to have fun. With their friends or yes against the computer (go ahend and post your smug face about single player modes, make it a good one.)

The games are meant to be competitive? Says who? Who decides what competitive means? And at what level. You? Piss off. You don't decide what players do for fun.

>Someone's salty he's getting his ass kicked every time. Sweep alone doesn't work anymore?

>HUR DUR YOU SUCK AT THE GAME, UNLIKE ME IM SUCH A BADASS.

Shut up. You assholes think the whole genre revolves around you and it's been demonstrably proven that you're not. You are the minority. Out of the millions of people buying the games you number some tens of thousands, casual players out number you bu a staggering degree so quit acting like everyone needs to play to your standards or look for the same thing out of the games.

You're not fucking special and you need to get over yourselves.
>>
>>3674730
Casual babby.
>>
I can't believe this thread is all about some autists crying the game is coming out on SNES instead of Pc or dreamcast. Come on /vr/
>>
>>3674769
should have came out on the GENESIS 32X
>>
>>3674770

yeah dude console wars lol
>>
>>3674610
>You probably could play it for fun, but would you play a strategy game for fun?
>playing games
>not for fun
literally what the fuck
>>
>>3674769

It is pretty baffling. Sure, the game could be dogshit, who knows, but crapping on it for not having online compatibility or for not being prepped for official competitive tourney play is odd to see on /vr.

Like someone who grew up in the modern era of gaming and views old games as amusing relics, but when push comes to shove is completely unable to grasp how people actually played console games in the distant past of the 90s.
>>
>>3674787
it's a strategy game, the antithesis of fun
>>
>>3674035
>new 16-bit waifus

Sign me the fuck up.
>>
>>3674845
>it's a strategy game, the antithesis of fun
Wew lad, speak for yourself.
>>
>>3674845
Too stupid to figure them out, huh?
>>
>>3674181
I bet you ask why people port Doom to calculators and printers
>>
>>3674258
>Dreamcast
Nintendo what Segain't anyway
>>
>>3674376

>There's one, but why bother with SNES when online fighting has been big since SFIV?

You really seem to be missing the point of this project entirely. It's okay if it's not for you, man.
>>
File: Dragon Ball Z - Hyper Dimension.png (394KB, 3072x2688px) Image search: [Google]
Dragon Ball Z - Hyper Dimension.png
394KB, 3072x2688px
Yeah, the game looks more like a GBA fighting game, or a later Neo Geo game with pre-rendered backgrounds but with its resolution halved.
Looks somewhat lazy.

SNES can have pretty fighting games, like pic related.
>>
>>3674795
It's already set up for competitive tourney play though
>>
>>3674795
>It is pretty baffling. Sure, the game could be dogshit, who knows, but crapping on it for not having online compatibility or for not being prepped for official competitive tourney play is odd to see on /vr.
You learned something new about the FGC today, sorry it had to be this way
>>
>>3674531
look at it this way, to the extent that game reviewers and early adopters have clout on sales, skimping on features normally associated with a quality product will ONLY hurt your sales.

its like this: the marker of a "good" fighting game is balance, fun, and complexity. if its just "pick the Ryu clone and mash A to win" people will call it a bad game. Joe Blow casual is not going to buy a game because its pretty. there are too many pretty games out there. he will look for reviews, or online chatter. if the people who care about games shit on this one, Joe Blow won't buy it. it doesn't matter if the game is aimed right at his casual head. if if sounds like shit, it probably is shit.

and besides, why make a bad game? again, the people who care about this stuff won't buy it, thus hurting sales. Better to go for the "easy to pick up, hard to master" balance point and net Casuals and the Hardcore
>>
>>3675269
That game used an extra chip in the cart though.
>>
>>3674787
>>3674845
>>3674868
I think the guy mean "casual laughs" not the kind of enjoyment that comes from figuring out a difficult puzzle, or beating a challenging opponent.

there are easy-fun games: facebook games, or JRPGs. Then, there are work-fun games. stuff like strategy games, bullet hell shooters, high level fighting games. Yeah, you can fuck around in Final Fantasy Tactics for the pretty colors, but the game will grind you out pretty quick.
>>
>>3674881
don't be so pretentious, no strategy game takes any intelligence.
>>
>>3674040
It looks Sharp
>>
>>3674492
/vr/ was working on a snes game at some point. I remember seeing threads about it often, and it looked like progress was actually being made. I'm not sure if it was ever completed - maybe another anon can give you more information.
>>
>>3675325
you forgot autism-fun games >>3588042
>>
>>3675320
And? SNES was built to use enhancement chips.
Just like Saturn with games that required the ram expantion cart.
>>
>>3674609
obviously by selling a SUPER IRONIC HYPER FIGHTING EDITION
>>
>>3674795
That's the fighting game community for you, I don't even know why they come to /vr/.
>>
>>3674202
>all this shill
>>
File: 1456858638693.jpg (12KB, 246x204px) Image search: [Google]
1456858638693.jpg
12KB, 246x204px
>>3674334
>>
>>3674492
How would you even? Do you start from a ROM hack or something?
>>
>>3674035
is this any good?
>>
>>3674610
>ayy all SNK memes in one game
KOF98 is entirely that. Hell, that's half the appeal of 98 for a lot of players, and I'm entirely sure that's the entire appeal of OG 2002 (a game I enjoy, but every time I play it for an extended period of time, I experience something new and ridiculously stupid about it, it's a damn good thing 02UM exists)

it's just that KOF98 was probably the first time in the series where they really were able to sit down and fix shit because lol yearly releases
Like, 94 was the start of a new series, dunno what was up with 95 so I can't explain that, 96 was rushed as fuck (IIRC, Leona literally didn't get like any proper playtesting, which is part of why she's so retarded) and it changed like everything and was pretty much the first "modern" KOF game, 97 went to fix 96's issues while changing things up (and was still kind of rushed, so you have stupid shit like '97 Terry), and 98 fundamentally was pretty much a bugfix revision of 97.

>>3674271
one of these forevers, the cart will get dumped (and an emulator hacked together to load the giant 32MB ROM, just like when Pier Solar came out and a MESS build that could load that game's big-ass 64MB ROM came out) and then you can have netplay

we'd need to see it in motion to make a judgement call on the visuals, too (and with a 32MB ROM, you can have some pretty smooth visuals, that's several times the size of any SNES-era fighter), blurry stills of an unfinished game aren't really useful

>>3674167
Extremely.

Really, the DC's biggest limit is the fact that it's got tons less RAM than the rest of the 6th gen machines. The DC could do a reasonable (and more often than not perfect) port of pretty much any game on any other /vr/-era machine.

>>3674173
that's partially laziness on Capcom's part, there's no actual reason for SFA3 to be better on Saturn
SFZ3 Upper runs on the NAOMI board anyway.
>>
>>3674057
Same
>>
>>3674173
>I remember capcom games like vampire savior and Sfa3 being better on Saturn.
In Vampire's case, it was more questionable design decisions than anything hardware-related. For Vampire on the Dreamcast, rather than doing a regular port, they decided to make what was basically the ancestor to Hyper Street Fighter 2. Something that allegedly combined all the games in the series into one. But they were really half-assed about it, and none of the modes played accurately to the games the claimed to represent.
>>
>>3676495
>mister shitposter
Not the anon you replied to but why do you baby shitposters insist on shitposting in every thread?
>>
>>3674730
>Sfv designed with the FGC in mind

I give you the fact that they are supporting it with playstation money and all the esports shit, but the game was literally made to be easier for you casual fags.

Now the game lacks depth and variety and you fags still aren't happy.

Ono's obsession with "making the game more accessible for new players" is the same shit that ruins the the fun for the "hardcore"

>single player modes

Other than training mode, I don't even see a point even casually. Just play with your fucking friends fuck arcade, fuck survival, and fuck story

>"shut up. You assholes think the whole genre revolves around you"

no shit it revolves around us you fucking pieces of shit that buy a game and drop it a week later

if only capcuck wasn't so greedy, maybe then they wouldn't have to pander to you fags for you sheckles.

well at least I have neogeo fighters and 3s to play
Thread posts: 110
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.