[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Virtua Fighter is coming back someday right? in b4 Shenmue is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

File: maxresdefault.jpg (143KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
143KB, 1920x1080px
Virtua Fighter is coming back someday right?

in b4 Shenmue is a prequel to Virtua Fighter and Ryo is Akira
>>
They're relegated to making cameos on Dead or Alive.
>>
>Shenmue is a prequel to Virtua Fighter and Ryo is Akira

Wait what?
>>
>>3673515
Maybe not. Yu Suzuki quit Sega. He's not the only man behind VF of course, but the last game came out around 10 years ago. Yep, they made 2 updates for it, but current gen has been around for some time already and no word on new VF yet.
>>
File: akiryoaNAl7.jpg (68KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
akiryoaNAl7.jpg
68KB, 800x533px
>>3673524
Akira is a kung fu master having learned in China, Ryo is currently learning kung fu in Shenmue games.

It's just a fan theory.
>>
>>3673529
is that so
>>
>>3673529
Shit I'm convinced
>>
>>3673529
But Shenmue takes place in Japan and Ryonis Japanese. Theory busted.
>>
>>3673515
>can't beat Lan Di
>somehow comes back with a different name and be one of the strongest fighters of the world
I don't think so OP
>>
>>3673515
>in b4 Shenmue is a prequel to Virtua Fighter and Ryo is Akira

Shenmue started out as Virtua Fighter RPG: Akira's Quest. It got turned into its own universe later on.

not even making this shit up. Gaming magazines actually listed VF RPG as an upcoming Saturn title in late 1997. It got moved to the Dreamcast along with Virtua Fighter 3, when the Saturn got axed early.

and god damnit, I wish they would've done flat shading on Saturn VF2. The gouraud shading in Vipers looked like ass and forced low-res polygons in the game, but flat shading would've been possible by just having a big enough palette.
>>
>>3673529
>It's just a fan theory.
Shenmue was literally pitched as a "Virtua Fighter RPG" and slowly the projected moved from that concept and turned into what it is today. The resemblances aren't as much as a fan theory, but the resemblances are there because Ryo at one point literally was Akira.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (42KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
42KB, 1280x720px
>>3673572
>>3673585
>>
>>3673529
Well Shenmue did start as 'Virtua Fighter RPG'...
>>
I always wanted Ryo to be a guest fighter in Virtua Fighter.
>>
File: kage-maru-1.jpg (190KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
kage-maru-1.jpg
190KB, 1024x768px
Why wasn't this guy Joe Musashi?
>>
>>3673758
>In Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown, Akira can be customized to look similar to Ryo, and also in the offline DLC mode you can fight Akira with a brown leather jacket and blue jeans under the name "RYO".
>>
I hope someday VF1 gets some better emulation, still a bit janky at least the last time i tired it.
>>
>>3673745
At least we got a true Virtua Fighter RPG :^)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILata-JkFKE
>>
>>3673515
God I hope not.
>>
>>3673545
>But Shenmue takes place in Japan

Only the first one is. Doesn't matter though that fan theory is retarded because the connections Shenmue has to VF has to do with it originally being a VF spinoff that eventually became its own thing. It's like the most common thing brought up in Shenmue's development history next to it starting on the Saturn so how someone can think it's really VF is beyond me.
>>
>>3673905

Why?
>>
>>3673761
Power Creep. Like who the hell thought it was a good idea to put Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden) in Dead or Alive. He could probably kill every other fighter by himself, all at the same time.

Imagine you're an actress (Pai) fighting in this tournament when suddenly this motherfucker dressed in white starts throwing shurikens and his motherfucking dog at you. The guy fought fully-armed attack helicopters, what hope do you have against him?
>>
>>3673761
Cause he's a pansy who dies if someone bumps into him lmao.
>>
>>3673761
>Why wasn't this guy Joe Musashi?

Because Shinobi was made by a different team. And VF wasn't ever a Sega All Star Fighting Game - otherwise it would've had some characters from Streets of Rage, Golden Axe, and the Bonanza Bros.
>>
Suzuki is busy with Shenmue 3 and Sega doesn't seem interested on a new Virtua Fighter. So, not any time soon.
Virtua Fighter probably needs a reboot with everyone younger. There are many characters +50yo. Lau looks a mummy. Chun is like 100 yo

>>3673529
Yeah, and Tao Pai Pai is Lan Di that is Lau.
Kinda stupid theory, even as joke, when Suzuki just takes things from both series since they are his babies. In Shenmue 2 there is a wrestler that is a copy past of Wolf and one girl was literally Sarah. There is more shit like that

>>3673957
And Hulknator. And Spiderbatman. And fucking Godzilla.
>>
>>3673845
Emulate the 32x version or play the Remix/PC.
But yeah, how come no emulator does VF1 well?
>>
>>3673978
Fighters Megamix 2 & Knuckles (feat. Bonanza Bros.) when?
We need more fun games and crossovers that aren't Smash clones.

As no one remembers Fighting Vipers, just ditch the "Virtua Fighter vs Fighting Vipers" schtick and let AM2 do a full Sega All-Stars. But please, keep Sonic crap to a minimum.
>>
>>3673845
What do you think is wrong with the MAME emulation of it? All I noticed was some minor graphical glitches on the floor, but it seemed to play perfectly fine.
>>
>>3673515
>Virtua Fighter is coming back someday right?

Probably. Give it a few years. I guess it all depends on the feedback Sega has to Daytona 3. Nobody cashes in on their old properties quite like Sega.
>>
>>3674886
That's what I did, 32x version was pretty good.

>>3674906
I had graphical issues really bad, like the polygons going crazy at times.
>>
>>3674906
Everything is wrong. Parts of the characters, the movable ones like hair and cloth, appear glued to the floor, while the characters randomly warp through the screen. The physics are also way off.
>>
>>3673545
In Shenmue game assets Ryo's dialogue actor is even still referred to as AKIR

HAHAHA

SHENMUE IS REVIVED BEFORE VF SERIES

https://shenmue.link/order/
>>
>>3674906
MAME's dsp support for the Model 1 games (actually, a lot of games that use dsp chips in general) is kind of really awful.

that being said, I haven't seen shit quite as bad as what >>3675143 said
>>
>>3673515
i would be surprised if this ever made a comeback honestly
>>
>>3675143
kek
>>
File: palm.jpg (167KB, 640x800px) Image search: [Google]
palm.jpg
167KB, 640x800px
The music of VF1 is so good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLuw2x0BEH8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kiQmNJEJVA
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.