[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I. AM. TUROK!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

File: turok_2_seeds_of_evil.jpg (63KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
turok_2_seeds_of_evil.jpg
63KB, 854x480px
What's the best way to play Turok 2?
Original N64 (with or without expansion pak), PC version, emulated or waiting for the so called "HD" version?

Also Turok general thread because they were damn fine games. Shame it was downhill after Turok 3, less said about the reboot and movie the better.
>>
N64 for me. just the whole experience of playing a gem like turok 2 on the 64 is so comfortably nostalgic. same for quake and doom 64
>>
PC version runs a lot better, but the N64 version is the only one with "correct" lighting for whatever reason
>>
>>3671463
correct lighting?
>>
>>3671468
The lighting in the PC version just doesn't look right. Can't put my finger on it. Maybe it's simplified?
>>
I remember being so amazed and thrilled to be playing such a gut-wrenchingly violent game on the N64. Turok 2 was awesome.

Didn't know there was a PC version.
>>
>>3671443
>mentioned the movie
Actually, it's based off the 50s (before Acclaim) comic. Not the games.
>>
>>3671481
most likely it's just due to the change in hardware. with less fog and a different way of rendering certain things would look slightly different. or they just altered it to look different as a creative choice.

either way it still looks ace. the n64's framerate does hurt it a little but the game as a whole has aged very well.

i miss acclaim, they were amazing
>>
>>3671443

>>less said about the reboot and movie the better.

see

>>3671534
>>Actually, it's based off the 50s (before Acclaim) comic. Not the games.

The movie is pretty good.
>>
Is there a name for these complicated, hub-based, puzzle/shooters, like this and Hexen?
>>
>>3671443
Dude, last night was lit af.

My friends and I played Turok Rage Wars 'til 6 am. Forgot how fun that game is. Any shootout between two players can suddenly be ended by a third player rushing in with that GOD DAMN WARHAMMER.
>>
Anybody ever play Turok 3? Fun fucking game, but No one talks about it, probably because it wasn't on PC.
>>
>>3671443
That's none of your fucking business. Go away.
>>
>>3671443
>movie

What? Youtube pulled up a couple of low effort amateur shorts, is that what you mean?

>>3671534
>>3671729
While Turok: Son of Stone is a legacy comic (1940's or 50's, yeah), most of what we know and love about Turok comes fromt he early 90's Valiant Comic. I think it ranf or about 40 issues.

First couple of arcs were really fun and great, then it started to get really fucking weird. Robot Pirates and stuff.

I also had a few issues from a later series that had Joshua Fireseed. Was he in any of the games? Only game I ever got aroundto playing was the first one. And I played the fuck outta it.
>>
>>3671881
Wikipedia says Joshua is the Turok in Turok 2
>>
>>3671443

If you can get a legit n64 setup with expansion pack, memory card, and a decent controller, go for that. If not then the PC version is a suitable substitute, as long as you get the music working proper.
>>
>>3673814
You rang?

Go help yourselves.

https://mega.nz/#F!ihxF3AIZ!TaiMwP6bAmriwDagPBFMAw

Avoid the multiplayer, the only active server is somewhere in Romania, has retarded gameplay settings (sanic speed on tiny ass arenas, weapons shoot blanks unless it's the plasma rifle) and suffers from being hosted on a dial up connection where the host and his bots are the only ones scoring kills.
>>
>>3671443

There's going to be a new proper PC port in the coming months. Wait and play that. It will have full mouse support and such. It will be the perfect version.
>>
>>3671892
>>3671881
Tal'Set is the Turok in Dinosaur Hunter and Evolution. Joshua Fireseed is the Turok in 2, Rage Wars and 3. Tal'Set appeared as the end boss in Rage Wars64.
>>
>>3673964
I'm more shocked that there's still an active server at all. Excited to try that out.
>>
>>3671443
N64 with expansion naturally. Fantastic game and still a favorite.
>>
I remember when I was younger I saw videos of a guy playing Rage Wars online. I asked him how he did it and he responded: "Only true fans know".

I'm not a true fan I guess. How did he do it?
>>
>>3674019
Project 64 1.4 with a Kailera client.
>>
>>3674972

Diff anon but hahaha, what a fag that guy

thx for the info
>>
there is a TurokEX port in development by the same guy that did the original Turok EX (and doom64, powerslave, etc.) - these are ports based off the n64 original with typical pc improvements. The only problem I can see is the game would be notably easier because it was indeed designed for the console first.
>>
God damn fine game.
>>
>>3671443

Obviously you never played it on the n64. You need the expansion pak for it, it won't even let you play the game without it.
>>
>>3676231
You might be thinking of a different game.

T2 can be played without an expansion pak, it will lock you out of the high resolution textures though.
>>
>>3671729
I agree, the movie was decent. 7/10
>>
>>3675234

TurokEX has already been released. It's on steam. Do you mean Turok 2 EX? Because that's in development.

It makes it a bit easier, bu tnot a huge deal. The original N64 had a copious amount of auto-aim. Also you can turn auto-aim right off and it makes it kinda hard.
>>
I remember the first time I played Turok 2. It was at Wal Mart when it released. I was really in awe, I didn't even know there was a Turok 2 until then. It scared the shit out of me tho
>>
>>3671443
is this really any good?
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.