[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Philips CD-i

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: Philips-CDi-220-wController-FL.jpg (4MB, 4740x3060px) Image search: [Google]
Philips-CDi-220-wController-FL.jpg
4MB, 4740x3060px
Does anybody here own a Philips CD-i? If so, are there any legitimately good games for it?
>>
>CDI
>games
>>
>>3667854
As shitty as Hotel Mario and the 3 Zelda games for the system are, there has to be at least one good game for the system, or am I horribly wrong?
>>
>>3667849
>>3667858
The 7th guest and myst, but yeah you could just play those on PC
>>
>>3667849
Only the best Zelda game every fucking created.
>>
File: g9l9xLF.png (108KB, 317x400px) Image search: [Google]
g9l9xLF.png
108KB, 317x400px
>>3667875
>>
>>3667858

Sorry, there are no actual good games on it. It's a wealth of collector's goodies though.

>>3667892

Sup George
>>
There is one "good" game.
The Apprentice.

It is a vertical platformer which is fairly rare. Amazingly, it's playable, and actually fun.

That's it.

Hotel Mario is not "good"
It is average, playable.

Everything else is garbage tier.
>>
There are at least 6 games worth playing:

Wand of Gamelon
Faces of Evil
The Apprentice
Burn:Cycle
Lost Eden
Laser Lords
>>
File: tumblr_o8sw4oWUOn1qaywrho1_500.gif (2MB, 500x320px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o8sw4oWUOn1qaywrho1_500.gif
2MB, 500x320px
>>3667981
What the fuck are you smoking?

Wand of Gamelon and Faces of Evil are fucking pure e-celeb/Youtube trash. You'd be better served playing fucking Neopets.

Burn:Cycle is also pretty worthless.

I can't comment on Lost Eden and Laser Lords, but if you suggested Wand of Gamelon and Faces of Evil you must be a meme lord.
>>
>>3667981
Lost Eden is better on 3DO and other consoles.
Burn:Cycle is better on PC.
Laser Lords may just be the only one worth playing aside from The Apprentice.
>>
>>3667858
>>3667913
>>3667864
>He forgot about the Tetris port with the awesome OST
>>
>>3668036
But that Tetris game plays like shit compared to almost any other version. It fucking goes black and loads each level.
>>
Despite the youtube memery, the two side-scrolling Zelda games aren't bad.

The biggest issue is obtuse menus and sluggish animation cycles common in western PC titles of the time.

Youtubers just exaggerate the bad and hide the fun parts of the games.
>>
Own one with hotel mario and wand of gamalon. Hotel mario isn't bad, but its not good. burn cycle is pretty good. Also have the video pack, video cd are fucking garbage.
>>
>>3668098
they aren't good either

only Pac-Panic, Tetris, Burn Cycle and the Apprentice are worth owning (maybe Lucky Luke) but that's it
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.