[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Twisted Metal Thread?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7

I was wondering what does /vr/ think of the original Twisted Metal games? Do you like them, do you hate them? Have you played the PC version of Twisted Metal 2?
>>
I got Twisted Metal 1 for free on PSN some years ago.

I can't get into it, though.
>>
>>3667546
I played a lot of TM2 when I was little, I sucked with everybody but Warthog. I liked 2 but nothing else.
>>
>>3667546
The twisted metal games are fantastic and the second one is one of my favorite games ever made besides TM Black

The third one is also good too but the 4th one is kinda mediocre. never played small brawl
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (92KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
92KB, 1280x720px
Black Lives Matter!

lmfao xD
>>
>>3667546
After playing Head-On, I cannot go back to TM2 because splitscreen frame rates are quite fucking bad.
>>
>>3667546
My neighbor a street over had Twisted Metal 2. I remember my dad telling me not to play that shit at his house after he saw the cover or I'd be grounded. Naturally, it was the first game we played that day.

Good times.
>>
>>3667829
Absolute cringe
>>
>>3667546
Absolutely loved the first three and Black and TM PS3

Who did you guys main?

TM: Mr. Grimm

TM2: Mr. Grimm, Thumper

TM3: Fire Starter, Mr. Grimm

Black: Brimstone, Mr. Grimm; TM ps3: Axel, Mr. Grimm, Sweet Tooth
>>
I was always more of a Vigilante 8 kid.
>>
>>3667659
>>3667734
>>3667838
>>3667897
>>3667908
>>3667915
I personally like all of the TM games. I grew up with Twisted Metal 2. And then I got myself Twisted Metal 4 when I was 4.
My main for the new Twisted Metal is Meatwagon. I just play whoever really.
>>
>>3667546
Whoever played the instruments on the TM1 soundtrack was pretty talented.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJ5KdYRMIvk

I mean, they were probably just well-trained session guys that came in the studio and cranked this stuff out, but all of the instruments sound live and it nails that dadrock sound. Kinda like a cross between Lynyrd Skynrd and Steppenwolf.
>>
>>3667546
I still enjoy playing 1 and 2. Twisted Metal 1 has a fun gritty vibe and the cars are less bouncy, so it's kinda fun just cruisin around the big levels in the different vehicles firing off missiles here and there. Crimson Fury goes REALLY fast and Cyburbia is still a pretty damn big level even by the standards of the later games.
>>
Usually at least one person mentions Rogue Trip in these threads, but still, that game doesn't get enough love. I think it's even better than Twisted Metal 2.
>>
>>3668060
Rogue Trip was a damn good game.

TM2 was the only PS1 game I played in the series and I LOVED IT! The Calypso into hidden in the options was so fucking amazing to watch as a kid. The endings were great too.

The gameplay was fun and, while some of the levels were too big for their own good like the NYC and Japan levels, there were other levels that were ingenious.

The ice level was so much fun with different parts falling off and a really epic soundtrack. The Dutch level was so much fun because of the sheer number of opponents you could have at once.

It also featured one of my favorite parts of a game where enemies attack each other. At the time it wasn't in many games and it may seem small, but this really felt like such a huge step up in gameplay.

I logged so many hours on TM2, one of my all time favs.

TM3 and 4 were god awful though. 989 studios fucking sucked compared to Single Trac.

TM: Black on PS2 was really good.
>>
>>3668039
>played the instruments
The lack of expression leads me to think it's probably just a MIDI sequence.
>>
File: catstandya.jpg (74KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
catstandya.jpg
74KB, 600x450px
>>3668096
I don't think you know what you're talking about, dude. The drums, sure, those are probably programmed. The bass? Doesn't sound like it, but possible. The keys and guitar are absolutely live. Show me anything with a MIDI-triggered guitar sample that sounds close to this, especially in 1995, and I'll eat my hat.

I think you're being misled by the thin sound of the recording. The mix is pretty weak and flat, but that doesn't mean MIDI-controlled.
>>
Loved TM2 as a kid. Still sorta holds up as of a few years ago.

Head On / HO Extra Twisted Edition are pretty much what you remember TM2 being. Just it's actually better and you have nostalgia.
>>
File: tumblr_mve6z1qlWn1r27n7wo1_1280.jpg (181KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mve6z1qlWn1r27n7wo1_1280.jpg
181KB, 1280x720px
>>3670216
Twisted Metal 2 was my first game ever.
I actually own a copy of the Japanese of Twisted Metal 2
>>
File: tumblr_mve6z8ukl41r27n7wo1_1280.jpg (187KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mve6z8ukl41r27n7wo1_1280.jpg
187KB, 1280x720px
>>3670226
Backcover
>>
>>3670226
>EX
Love Japanese titles.
>>
I loved grinding to get all the endings.

Spector was my favorite, but thumper/Mr slam were so much fun to knock people off levels like the rooftops and Antarctica.

The shear amount of exploration on the giant maps was amazing.

Also....

Fuck twister
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
Childhood is when you praise Twisted Metal Black
Adulthood is when you praise Twisted Metal Head-On and Extra Twisted Edition
>>
>>3668039
>>3668096
>>3669262
Probably not what you guys are talking about, but Twisted Metal games were all CDDA.
>>
>>3667546
Twisted Metal 2 has my neighborhood's Smash Bros. It's easy to get into but balanced and deep enough to be a tournament game.
>>
>>3670502
I didn't like Black's style or combat but I really enjoyed Extra Twisted Edition's Harbor City. They did something to the controls and to the physics in that game that fixed it for me. It's a shame it never got finished.
>>
>>3671814
So you enjoyed the Black extra content on Extra Twisted Edition, but how did you like Head-On itself? That was the game that fixed the controls and physics for me out of the entire series. I love Black's edgy look and narrative but the game was still good old clunky Twisted Metal to me.
>>
>>3671824
TM black fucked up the controls by putting the turbo button on R3 instead of triangle
>>
>>3671824
I loved playing Head-On even more than Harbor City. It was clearly designed as a proper sequel to TM2 and it succeeded at being that. I would say it is the best entry in the series except I think many of its arenas are kind of too big and overdesigned. A competently ported moddable PC version of Head-On would have been my GOAT car combat game for sure because you know the fans would have recreated TM1's and TM2's arenas (and maybe even some from other games). As it stands, it is my second favorite after TM2.
>>
haha haha bump
>>
I played a lot of twisted metal 1 on PC as a kid and the memories are great. It's a shame it's not on gog desu
>>
>>3667546
Seeing those green PS1 labels bring to mind poorfag mexiniggers living in sweltering diseased huts. The 90s sonyfaggot kid in a nutshell. Has to live by on food stamps and play their shitty aliased jaggy 32 bit games on an ancient 40s tube with dials.
>>
File: not the best but the most fun.png (122KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
not the best but the most fun.png
122KB, 640x480px
>>3667829
Axel is a great character. Poster is a shit.

>>3667915
TM: Warthog
TM2: Shadow although Mr. Slam was a close second.
TM3: I couldn't really get into this one.

>>3670226
TM2 remains my favorite. I had it so long I got stupidly good at it. I could even win with Grasshopper of all vehicles.

>>3670475
AI Twister seemed to be an opportunist or at least it always seemed like to me. Playing against a very good Spector player is murder though.

https://youtu.be/sLFok2t605k?list=PLEDDAFA85B1E5CB88

Ah, I remember playing this on Christmas morning and the soundtrack blew my head off on the first stage.
>>
>>3670238
It's sucks that I can only use it on a emulator. I might try an american PS2 at this local game shop to see if it will work on it.
>>
>>3667546
i have heard this game is great
>>
>>3670502
I personally debate 2 or Black as the best in the series. I always edge out Black due to the characters and setting is really cool and interesting. Head-on is good fun but my main issue is the music. It's easily the worst of any twisted metal game.
>>
>>3675542
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ilNVargiC8
>>
I loved all of them up to Black, but I haven't played any of the later ones. I also fucking loved Vigilante 8 and Rogue Trip as a kid. Does this genre still exist today?
>>
>>3676656
No, it died with Twisted Metal PS3.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.