[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dungeon Keeper

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 10

File: images.jpg (11KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
11KB, 300x168px
Dungeon Keeper thread. Just started playing the original on an emulator, any tips?
>>
>>3667385
You can dump creatures back in the summon pit.
You don't have to make rooms adjacent to halls, you can make the rooms the halls.
Rooms are more efficient if they're in a square shape.
Get your Warlocks swole as fuck.
Some creatures fight other creatures so make two or more lairs.
You're much more efficient in combat by possessing one of your creatures, so possess to distress.
>>
Is it, dare I say it, the best Bullfrog game ever conceived?
>>
>>3667408
Knew that, toss back Beetles all the time
Huh, that's new
Felt obvious
As opposed to everyone else?
I'll keep that in mind, thanks
Egh, not good at first-person games
>>
>>3667419
demon spawn and bile demons, and later orcs are resilient as fuck, DS turn to dragons at lvl 10 (from a certain level i think, i tried to do it once in an earlier map and it didnt work if i recall correctly )

try to lvl up imps to at least lvl 3 for speed

there should be a Transfer creature to the next lvl in almost every map, search the entire map before you go to the next world
>>
>>3667432
Been tossing the Imps in the Training room for the sake of it, if only so they wouldn't be utterly helpless.. Thanks for the tips, I love dragons.
>>
>>3667437
youre gonna enjoy them then, they are essentially unstoppable when levelled, even if real slow, but you can always speed them up by spell
>>
>>3667437
I'm not sure about 1, but in 2 they gain the ability to teleport after a few levels
>>
>>3667441
Yeah, I think it's really high level though...

>>3667440
sweet
>>
>>3667443
imps gain teleport at lvl 10
worth a try at least if you have a lot of time on your hand, slapping him to work out even harder, but keep an eye on them afterwards so they dont run into traps and die
>>
>>3667447
Thanks. I also like to keep a few flies as scouts.
>>
>>3667385
>on an emulator, any tips?
Yeah here's a tip, fucking kill yourself.
>>
>>3667458
this desu senpai
>>
>>3667458
>>3667462
Harsh, man. My computer can't even run this kind of old game.
>>
File: gems and water.jpg (1MB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
gems and water.jpg
1MB, 1280x1024px
Ladies and gentlemen of the class of '99; fortify walls.

If I could offer you only one tip for the future, fortifying would be it.
>>
>>3667419
High level warlocks are nigh unstoppable as long as you heal them and retreat when they're in bad shape. Their fireball spells are devastating. High level mistresses are also very good if pretty fragile. They're fast as fuck and shoot lightning bolts like crazy. High level bile demons are also a lot of fun.
>>
>>3667527
>High level mistresses
There's a name for keepers like you...
Daddy Pig rules, what a voice.
>>
>>3667527
heh
>>
I have been wondering, like how fan mods have streamlined Simon's Quest, improved color and sound to Genesis games, and translated Japan-only titles ... if someone were to mod out the time wait and microtransaction bullshit, would the game design of the new mobile stand up and be good?

I have only played the original, but not its sequel nor the new mobile release, so forgive me if I do not know what I am talking about.
>>
>>3667385
>Dungeon Keeper thread. Just started playing the original on an emulator, any tips?
>on an emulator
>any tips?
Yeah, how about you start using KeeperFX. How about that?

http://keeper.lubiki.pl/index.php
>>
ARE YOU CHUMS WITH THE DUNGEON KEEPER?
>>
>>3669516
Oh, this is interesting.
>>
File: 78NBy8I.jpg (670KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
78NBy8I.jpg
670KB, 1920x1080px
>>3670039
It is the go to for resolution support alone.
>>
File: 1-capture_15122007_082643[1].png (162KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1-capture_15122007_082643[1].png
162KB, 640x480px
Welcome to hell
>>
>>3667385
You can capture and torture all heroes until they join your side, even the Lord of the Land, as long as you keep their health up so they don't die in the torture chamber. I finished levels with dungeons full of heroes and the LotL is great to bring to the next dungeon.
>>
>>3667385
Sacrifice imps in the temple to get cheap imps.
>>
I have both Dungeon Keeper games but I've never played either of them. Is one significantly better than the other or are they both worth trying?
>>
>>3671458
I enjoy the look of the first game much more.
>>
>>3671458
I could never get into the second as much. I also didn't like how they took one of ther most powerful creatures who was incredibly difficult to use/control and made him some summonable mascot.
>>
>>3671128
>Welcome to hell
Actually easy one of my favorite maps.
You need to know how to play the map however.
Will kill you some times before you get the idea.

Want the stat for beating it?
>>
>>3671458
Start with DK2 it is far more forgiving and feels like one big tutorial.

DK1 can fuck you over for bad decisions.
>>
>>3671617
>stat
*strat
>>
>>3667385

I'm the fuck who got convinced to play again in last thread, was so fucking hooked that i completed it in three days. Now I installed the 'fx' version, which is pretty sweet since it fixes some bugs as far as I know and - new levels. Lots of them. Smart ones too.

But after playing level after level I noticed some sweetspots how you harrass the pc:
>drop unit near enemy imp, enemy throws his monsters, give them disease. Wait a minute, attack -> ??? -> profit
>If you are stale mate with enemy, enchant imp with speed AND conceal -> Imp takes over enemy base -> build doors and lava/boulder/lightning traps to hold the base.
Sell the rooms you conquer. This is guarenteed success.
>If enemy is strong and you have unlimited money, unit + conceal + possess -> run through base until you die.
Use your lightning to kill every fucking threat there is, especially warlocks and ghosts since they can detect invisible.
>Transfer creature:
Personal favorites are vampires and mistress, both almost the same abilities, but mistress likes to workshop and vampire just reboots after death making him near unstoppable (great for breaking enemies doors for a concealed imp)
>Bile Demons.... fucking Bile Demons...
I love'em, they are fat and stinky and have really good endurance, but they are passiv-agressive, they hurt your ppl too. Don't put too many around your units.
>I prefer orcs above trolls.
They are like trolls on steroids, maybe not as fast as trolls in the workshop, they are essentially the same. Except that orc hit the sweetspots during fighting. I mostly throw away trolls if orcs are availabe.
>Throwing: I never keep the insects, except a few spiders MAYBE.
I just love that they freeze prison ppl, which in itself (just a theory) helps you keep the prisoners longer alive, in that time they don't lose health. Flies are only good the first three minutes for their scouting values, which you can do on your own with possess. Beetles are shitty spiders.only few warlocks
>>
>>3671660
>I just love that they freeze prison ppl, which in itself (just a theory) helps you keep the prisoners longer alive, in that time they don't lose health.
If prisoners or those being tortured have too little health you can feed them chickens to bring it back up. Just drop a chicken on them.
>>
>>3671728

that is true, i do that often. I also found out that holding 8 chickens is like a minor heal spell if you throw it on your units during fight.

Can you tell me if prisoners with heal-spells turn into skeletons after a certai n time? I thought I saw one change, but wasn't sure.... most of the time i got frustrated and slapped them to death... for pleasure
>>
>>3671736
I always converted them instead of letting my dungeon get too spooky.
>>
File: giphy.gif (181KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
181KB, 500x281px
>>3671767

But I like horror gaemz, I put my own units into prison and get some trumpets.

skeles hate biles
vamps hate warlocks
spiders hate flies (duh)
mistress hate samurai

>any more?
>>
>>3671780
Horned Reapers and the Lord of the Land hate each other.

If you convert one through torture they make it their business to fuck the other up. Then again Horned Reapers make it their business to fuck up absolutely anything they run into because those assholes are never fucking happy.
>>
File: 1474651161674.gif (2MB, 250x227px) Image search: [Google]
1474651161674.gif
2MB, 250x227px
>>3671885

horned reapers best friend is a temple, he likes praying to the christian lord we all belive in on /vr/
>>
>>3671660
>Sell the rooms you conquer. This is guarenteed success.

This all of this.
Selling was the best strategy its basically a scorched earth tactic++.

You get money and the enemy can not get his room back VS if you left the room alone.

Its the best thing.
You have to admit that its kind of a cheasy game at this point when imps constantly clame the same space over and over.

I wish that calmed territory was impossible to take over by imps same way you can not dig thru reinforced walls.

Would require you to go and invade the enemy the old fashion way.
>>
Hey, OP here. Question, is there a way for you to choose which hero is 'stolen' when you use Steal Hero?
>>
>>3669021
>I have only played the original
That's the only one you need to play.

>>3667385
Get a reaper, then give him his own lair/hatchery/training room and lock him in there to train. Gotta manually keep the gold flowing in there though...

Possessing flies is the fastest way to scout.

Fire any creature that likes to wander. They just get themselves killed anyway.

Get vampires. They basically can't die.

Leveling a bunch of imps to L3/5 (whatever gets them speed) makes the gold flow much faster.

Capture and convert enemies whenever you can.

You can heal creatures by feeding them chickens. Includes prisoners/torture victims.
>>
>>3672705
This is a really inefficient way of managing things. It's not hard to keep a reaper happy, you just need to make sure he's always busy. Put him in the regular training room, and just keep an eye on him occasionally. When he hits level 10 or you can't afford to train, drop him on a guard post. It's that simple.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (29KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
29KB, 480x360px
Hi all I'm doing a DK1 run where I try everything out.
This time I'm getting as many reapers as I can!
Pff they are not that scary. Practically never used them do to having a fear of them freaking out and killing everything.

They are kind of good however mistress is better in my opinion.
Did you know that if a reaper gets pissed you can simply drop him in the torture chamber and torture him to death to get a ghost or into the prison to get a skeleton?

And there are no negative drawbacks to doing this.
>>
Lightning spell + eye (de-fog) spell are great together. Go on the map and listen to where imps are digging gold, or monsters are training.
Defog and zap away.

The chicken spell works even on enemy ground. If you are having trouble with certain monster just turn them into chicken, even on unchargede it lasts long to finish the weaker monsters off.

Be careful when fighting, not all of your monsters will attack, they will cheer in the background. If you want the highlevel chearleeder to go fighting just pick up some of the ones surrounding the enemy. Ranged units still attack from the back.

If you can see the hear of the enemy, you can use the boulder-spell if enemies are nearby and the will run around in panic. If you make a few boulder spells they will stand on the heart. You then can spam the boulder spell and the will not run away, they are stuck at that spot for some reason.

Some units have spells they don't use. Check it out with possess.

Lavatraps totally destroy AI's strategies. Built at the right spot he gets immobilized.
Boulder-traps can sometimes jump over a single lavapit, so the two traps could be combined with a door afront of it. (door for sight, lava-trap for movement and boulder for hounds and dragons who are immune to lava)
>>
>>3674743
Reapers are strong, fast and have some good abilities, but in my experience they have piss-poor accuracy. They swipe at enemies ridiculously fast, only for one out of their twenty swipes to actually connect.
>>
File: DK.jpg (76KB, 1024x640px) Image search: [Google]
DK.jpg
76KB, 1024x640px
>>3674984
Reapers might look good on paper however in game they are crap.

The only thing they are good is to be damage sponges.

Compare this to a mistress who bombards everything with lightning and back-paddles.
Seriously she can clear a are of hostile imps 10x faster then a reaper with her lightning.

Not only this she can teleport can you even imagine how good this is?
>your imp gets into a fight with another imp
mistress teleports to this fight on the other part of the map and kills the fucker

>You discover a dungeon hart
Mistress teleports in to start fucking it up

And I never got a angry mistress like ever, can they even get angry?
Outside of you putting them together with samurai?

And if she gets angry will slapping her make her more happy?
She is like the perfect monster slavfu (like a waifu only a slave not your wife) for life
>>
>>3674971
>Some units have spells they don't use.
Some of that were fixed in keeperfx.
>>
>>3675025
What is the list of fixes?
I'm playing keeperFX.
>>
>>3675029
http://keeper.lubiki.pl/html/dk_keeperfx_read.php
>>
https://youtu.be/vH67duada9E
>>
>>3675050

Did not know horned reapers were from the UK

>>3675029
>>3675030

Too much to sum it up here
>>
>>3675013
Guy you applied to here, I couldn't agree more. Still, I usually keep at least one or two Horned Reapers in levels where they can be created. I don't like to have an army of just one type of creature, I tend to go for diversity.
>>
>>3675030
>http://keeper.lubiki.pl/html/dk_keeperfx_read.php
>>3675087
I hate when people link to this terrible peace of garbled mess.
Scanning this text shows the following chapters:
>Installation of KeeperFX CCP
>Supported DK releases to install from
>Available languages
>Available screen resolutions:
>Running KeeperFX
>Command line options
>Troubleshooting
I'm not interested in this shit I know how to run it!
>Reporting a bug
>Config file details
>New in-game commands
>>Record a movie
>>Make a screenshot
Holy shit I'm not interested in this shit!
>New and modified level script commands

And finally we get
>Changelog
OH my god is it berried somewhere in the Changelog?
>Programming
>Graphics
So where is the part of what spells in what monsters where changed, and AI?
Can you at least quote the beginning paragraph so I can CTRL+F it?
>>
>>3675113
>I don't like to have an army of just one type of creature, I tend to go for diversity.

Any reason for it?
Answer it before continuing to read

Do to the fact that DK has no possibility to create control groups YOU actually need to use different monsters to act like hobo control groups.

Lets say you have group 1 who was fighting while group 2 was relaxing now you want to switch out group 1 and get group 2 in to the fight so 1 can relax and cycle thru.

its impossible in DK however if lets say your vampires are group 2 and your mistress are group 1 you can cycle thru the groups in this way.

Its the only way.
>>
>>3675478

you can just throw in all of your vampires, watch the icons in the fighting menu and pull out the ones with low hp. Then the cheerleading vamps switch into their spots, while you threw the damaged ones to a safe spot.

...Or you just heal them in the combat-box

>you can use all spells on the icons in the combat box... even lightning
>>
>>3675735

WHAT THE FUCK HOW DID I NOT KNOW THIS?
>>
>>3675050
Can't stop watching.
>>
>>3675808
Me? I'm horny, short for the Horned Reaper
I'm chums with the Dungeon Keeper
Unbelievers better take a step back
Because I set traps till they leave your necks snapped
Forget a pimp slap switch up the syntax
Take away the P, see I deliver Imp Slaps
There's a slim chance that you've ever seen an enemy
With melanin as red as this; the menacingest skin rash
Better bring your shin pads
Cause when I swing axes
There's an equal need for medicine and bin bags

(Chorus)
I'm horny, short for the Horned Reaper
I'm chums with the Dungeon Keeper (x2)

(Verse 2)
You ought to have taken a tad more care
With your fortification cause that wall there's
Gonna fall and then cave in, I'll nab your lair
You'll be sore as the day when I stabbed your bare bottom
And in case you've forgotten
I hail from a place that is fatally rotten
So debased I can make even Satan pee off
And I must say that is painfully often
Your safe, I'm unlockin', knicking your millions
Sticking your minions straight in a coffin
I plunge in to your dungeon, lungin' through your little buggers
Like I'm cuttin' through an onion
Under ye' foot, plunder ye' loot
Funneling your funds to me, can you compute?
The heart of your dungeons the dungeon heart
I'm taking pleasure, breaking it and pulling it apart
Then take your treasure, claiming it, as bullion in carts
Now you see red, I'm the bully in the dark

(Chorus)
I'm horny, short for the Horned Reaper
I'm chums with the Dungeon Keeper (x2)

(Outro)
The hand of evil strikes again!
>>
Hey, found a weird map. Three other keepers, only imps, some sort of Barbarian to rescue? Got my ass kicked, any tips on what to do?
>>
>>3676005
The full moon level? Don't bother, it's broken. All you have to do is mine 30000 gold before time runs out and you win. There is no barbarian and there is no transfer creature box so the entire level is pointless and can be avoided.
>>
>>3675735

True sometimes i do this however its tedious and sometimes annoying (the icons vanish if the monster dose not fight for 1 nano second in combat) (spamming heal gets old fast) (spells cost gold witch you sometimes don't want to wast).

Never used lightning its looked kind of crap and did not have a effect on L10 monsters

>watch the icons in the fighting menu and pull out the ones with low hp
This is my standard strategy, sometimes its kind of annoying especially with the disappearing for no reason icons in the fight bar or whatever it is.
>>
>>3675050
Good song.

>The hand of evil strikes again!
>EA logo
>For DK mobile

This is so meta its not even funny.
EA is SATAN
EA is the hand of evil
EA strikes again with DK mobile.
I can not stop thinking about the meta implications of this.
>>
>>3676174
I got swarmed by Dwarves after a bit, though. What's up with that?
>>
i've heard of this once
>>
>>3676429
Ultima 8 (where the model for the DK avatar is taken from) had references to EA's control over Origin. The situation with Bullfrog wasn't that different.
>>
>>3676525
>I got swarmed by Dwarves after a bit, though. What's up with that?
These special/bonus levels are hardcore.
Like you need to fail some times to get what the map is all about.

It require you to do certain things and know in advance what to do.
After some trial and error you will win it.

Never found these levels to be interesting personally and not worth playing.
>>
>>3676796
Any advice on what to do?
>>
>>3676814
Hmm.
I did win it, one time.
Can not remember.

Try different strategies:
>Only concentrate on getting the max gold ASAP
Or did i train some imps (like3) to some level (L5 ? L7?) to have a defense?
Can... not... remember....
>Try mass spawning imps

Really these levels are not worth playing.
>>
>>3676838
Couldn't make any rooms, so no training.
>>
File: index.jpg (8KB, 204x204px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
8KB, 204x204px
Holy crap /vr/ I have keeperFX with a crap tone of bonus content.

One of it is Hero campaign (you play the hero's and turn the world map from devastation to the state it was in the beginning of DK1).

The maps are incredible, you will shit bricks after you beat Map 02 and Map 03 has the flavor talk from the start be a actual central point of the game.

The game play is nice.
I recommend it to everyone.
The only problem is the narrator who is some German nerd with a thick accent.
However since its a free mod what did you expect.

However the game play is fresh and nice.
I did not know you can do things like on MAP-02 in the DK engine!
NOT in a mod!

Things like this where not even in the original DK1 campaign.
>>
Did anyone play the hero campaigns?
What fan made campaigns would you recommend?
No hardcore BS plz.
>>
>>3667412
Bullfrog made plenty of great games, but yes. Easily.
>>
>>3676918
>I want to play psx games running on my crappy lenovo500g i3-3120M, in 1080p resolution on 40' lcd. I'm not that interested into scanlines etc., but I would like the gameplay to be fluid. Is that even possible right now with any
Well shit sounds interesting i have to replay DK right now and i did that like a year ago on top of several fan made maps.
>>
>>3677216
Undead Campaign and Post-Undead Campaign are very good and not too difficult.
>>
>>3667385
>any tips?

Install the second one.
>>
>>3679165
Is the first one no good?
>>
>>3679250
The first one is better than the second one. Both are worth playing though.
>>
>>3676918
Do you talk about Good campagin or theres other better option? Former don't offer any challenge at all, transfering creature, training thieves to knights, torture chamber and graveyard make it trivial, those two chambers shouldn't even exist in good side.
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.