[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Game Hunting Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

ITT we post whatever clues we have and try to find the name of that mysterious old game we played and never could find the name of.

I'll start. It was a game from around 1998, perhaps earlier. It's definitely no older than GoldSrc (Half Life).

What I can recollect of that game is organic levels, as if made of meat. It was either an FPS or a TPS, and you sort of flied around bumping things. There weren't any weapons, and for some reason, I think a fetus was important. I have the impression it was a puzzler. It was rather obscure, it wasn't a mod or TC. I got it from a demo disc back in the day. The closest I got is to this pic of Dead Reckoning (which isn't the game I'm looking for).
>>
Also, the game HUD was thematic. Also organic, if I remember correctly.
>>
>>3666171

Microcosm?
>>
Back in '97-98 I came along a pirate game CD (most of the games were demos or shareware anyway). Among those games were the likes of Duke, Witchaven 1/2, Blood Omen, and the one I'm currently searching for.

It was a Warcraft 2 or C&C-like RTS set it prehistoric times. I remember sides being various savage tribes and dinosaurs. I don't remember whether dinos were units available to all sides, or were they their own faction. What I do remember however, is some of the starting savage units were female, and that the sprites were pretty good and detailed.
>>
>>3666183

I think that's either Jurassic War or Primitive Wars... Most likely the first one, since its from 1997.
>>
File: GAME.png (10KB, 521x399px) Image search: [Google]
GAME.png
10KB, 521x399px
Looking for an arcade sit-down cabinet game with a Sci-fi theme. The first "stage" was kind of a grey area that's moving very quickly (kind of an infinite "parking garage") and I think there were robots. No later than from 1993.
>possibly Sega
>>
Looking for an RTS- or at least a top-down strategy game- that kind of units that you brought with you from one map to the other. I remember there being goblin sappers or tinkerers or something, who could turn water blocks into land blocks or vice-versa, and every unit- or almost every unit- could carry items.

It miiight have started with a D, but I'm not sure.
>>
>>3666169
Machine Head.
>>
>>3666174>>3668216

No dice... Thanks for the ideas...
>>
>>3666339
sounds like SEGA; like a depressing space harrier
>>
Does anyone remember a pseudo-VR set-up for FPS's? Maybe I'm just dreaming it but I seem to remember playing some FPS with either a helmet on or in a pod. It was probably a gimmick that seemed cooler at the time because I was a kid, but i'm pretty sure it existed.

Similar to the Battletech "pods," but it wasn't them. I loved the Virtual World centers though...still remember seeing Steven Spielberg coming out of one with his kids and thinking he was going to make a Battletech movie :-(.
>>
>>3669664
might have been unreal tournament but I think it came out earlier.
>>
>>3666169
Sounds like Body of Many from System Shock 2, but that was end game and had weapons..
>>
>>3666339
Ballistics? F-Zero?
>>
>>3666169

Trying to remember the name of a game. It was a turn based artillery type game similar to worms but set in space and used planets as bases. The planets could get destroyed by artillery fire.
>>
>>3666169

A game i have been looking for a long time. It was a dos game. All i remember from it was the beginning where you navigate some tunnel and there was a giant worm. It was 3D. It used FMV video. I don't remember much else. I think it was a FPS but I'm not sure. Any ideas?
>>
>>3669735

It came on a demo disc.
>>
>>3669629
no kidding, heh
>>3669726
it's from the early 90s but thanks
>>
File: nightstriker-7.png (14KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
nightstriker-7.png
14KB, 320x240px
>>3666339
That's Night Striker from Taito. The stage you're describing is the second stage.
>>
File: donald.jpg (29KB, 374x268px) Image search: [Google]
donald.jpg
29KB, 374x268px
>>3670713
That's it! I remember the damn crane arm boss too. Thanks /vr/o, Good eye. Bonus happiness for similarities to Darius.
>>
Lookin for some old game, probably NES/SNES.

Played it on arcade 20 or so years ago.

Classic hack and slash type, except you can find and ride dragons and use their skills like fireball,firewave, think one could swipe.

At the end of level some kind of dwarf/gnome/goblin would come and steal your dragons.

Also you could kick those pests to get some coins/food/something like that to restore health.

Can't remember more, it was really long ago.
>>
File: Shinobi_arcade.png (14KB, 320x224px) Image search: [Google]
Shinobi_arcade.png
14KB, 320x224px
Twenty years + trying to remember the name of that f'ing arcade game I played in the 90's.

It was a side scroller action game pretty much like the Shinobi arcade game, but instead you controlled a Woman and there was no shurikens. You just punched and kicked your enemies through the levels. The regular enemies looked like the stereotype of a secret agent with long coats and hats, maybe sunglasses too.

I also remember there was a power up that gives you a sword to hit the enemies at a greater distance.

The name of this game itself is worth a thousand internets. Pic semi-related, it's the Shinobi arcade game.
>>
>>3670751

Come on, that's Golden Axe and it wasn't even released on the nes/snes.

7,5/10 you made me reply.
>>
>>3670804
Really had no idea what that game was, thanks for name.
>>
>>3670798
Must be Flash Gal, another Sega game.
>>
File: a_thousand_internets.png (378KB, 699x303px) Image search: [Google]
a_thousand_internets.png
378KB, 699x303px
>>3670864

Holy macarroni you found it, Anon! Pic related is your reward. You are awesome!

Time to install MAME once again.
>>
I am looking for a racing game I have played on DOS all those years ago. It was a 3D racer with 2D sprites, kind of like Super Mario Kart and had a stoneage or dinosaur theme.

I don't remember if it had any kart mechanics tho.
The artstyle was colourful and cartoonish.
>>
>>3670954
Nevermind, found it: BC Racers
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.