[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wasnt there blood in this game? Anyone knows how to unlock it,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 14

File: bldy roar 2.png (100KB, 512x480px) Image search: [Google]
bldy roar 2.png
100KB, 512x480px
Wasnt there blood in this game?
Anyone knows how to unlock it, the internet has very few info about this series
>>
>>3666087
Arcade or PS1?
>>
>>3666209
PS1 I also got the Japanese version since I was curious. But would they really remove it from this version.
>>
>>3666290
Apparently blood was only in the beta version of the game.
>>
>>3666294
But I remember vividly from my childhood. I played this game so much.
There was blood when you made certain moves specially grabs, Im sure of it.
Is my brain playing tricks on me
>>
>>3666295
Must be, or maybe you are thinking of the first game?
>>
>>3666297
No it was the second, I have never played the first game.
>>
there is
https://youtu.be/f-RqUokGefI?t=138
>>
I wish the 2nd games music was as good as the first
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5w7ky1XFrZk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2W2ab_-lgE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUAfSrCa8AY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTDwBxLcP1w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29kdwZbRp5A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0gtCFiUdag
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UIB65Nb8UU&list=PL125859B946A65180&index=11
>>
>>3666445
So how do I turn it on.
>>
>>3666087
SHEN LONG
DA TIEGER

VERSUS

GAHDOH
DA LIEON
>>
>>3666290
Some japanese versions of older games actually have blood removed or turned green
Just took this
>>
>>3666773
The attack where you bite the neck

So yeah. Just delete the jap version
>>
>>3666779

Thanks for checking, I should have done that right away.
>>
File: Dpujzfk[2].png (738KB, 562x612px) Image search: [Google]
Dpujzfk[2].png
738KB, 562x612px
>>3666784
Yeah
You should have
>>
So I dont know anything about fighting games. What make them good or not.

Is this one good? I cant tell. It seems you can maul your opponent non stop in huge ass combos, tekken 3 seems way more strategic
>>
>>3666812
The Bloody Roar games are poor fighting game, but fantastic spectacle fighters

To be a good fighting game, there needs to be some measure of balance. This isn't a thing in Bloody Roar
Nobody would dare deny it's fun though.
Tekken 3 isn't exactly the best example either. Try Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection if it's a 'real' 3D fighting game you want.

Also, check out Battle Arena Toshinden 1. Game is absolute garbage, but imo has the best OST in gaming

If you have a PS3, I'd be more than happy to play with you things like Virtua Fighter: Final Showdown, Tekken 5 Dark Res or Tekken Tag 2
>>
>>3666870
Great post, thank you.
Unfortunately the most modern console I own is a PS2.
>>
>>3666812
>>3666870

I always have had a special place in my heart for this series. Lots and lots of good times wasting hours on BR2. It was a potentially amazing series that unfortunately even after like 4 re-attempts they never quit managed to polish into a solid game.

It was one of those games where the storyline went everywhere and no where at once. Where a skilled player knew Bakuryu was the most OP toon in the game and most matches were about who was the best mole player. Despite that all it took was one lucky button masher and your shit would get wrecked.

I really wish they had made the move sets between the human and animorph toon really diverse/different from each other.

I'd honestly stick with the first 3 if anything. So it works out for only having a PS2.
>>
>>3666445
holy lagfest, batman
>>
>>3666812
the huge combos are an unlockable feature, normal matches are not usually like that
>>
>>3666812
I don't know, I'd rather they took all the art resources and made it an altered beast clone myself. But bloody roar 2 is a cool single player game, you have a challenging survival mode, a cheesy story mode and plenty of characters that are easy to pick up and play.
>>
File: PS2_Altered_Beast_Cover[1].jpg (54KB, 348x500px) Image search: [Google]
PS2_Altered_Beast_Cover[1].jpg
54KB, 348x500px
>>3667316
:)
>>
>Transform
>Clothes get torn apart
>Get knocked down and turn back
>Clothes magically fixed
>>
>>3666593
Go into options and set it to "On" you dolt
>>
File: ブラッディロア3 2.webm (3MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
ブラッディロア3 2.webm
3MB, 480x360px
>>3666870
No Bloody Roar series are great fighting games.

Out of the first 3 games only the first one was unbalanced. Bloody Roar shits all over Tekken also T5DR was outsourced to the developers of Bloody Roar.

t. someone who actually plays Bloody Roar
>>
>>3666812
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6H1AU49TDo
>>
>>3667247
>unfortunately even after like 4 re-attempts they never quit managed to polish into a solid game.
2 and 3 are both extremly solid games

> Where a skilled player knew Bakuryu was the most OP toon in the game and most matches were about who was the best mole player.
LOL Bakuryu has never been close to top tier in Bloody Roar, any of them.

> Despite that all it took was one lucky button masher and your shit would get wrecked.
Buttonmashing will get you literally nowhere in Bloody Roar, strings can be evaded and punished, true combos require timing and knowledge of the games mechanics

>I really wish they had made the move sets between the human and animorph toon really diverse/different from each other.
They are, not only do they get a hole aray of new moves all old moves get new properties, chip damage, healing and the ability to air cancel, wall jump and a slew of other things.

Please dont talk shit about a game you clearly know nothing about.
>>
>>3666812
>What make them good
Solid fighting game with a strong focus on footsies and meter management, it bridges the gap between 2D and 3D playing more like a 2D game, main hook of the game is obviously the transforming which it implements very well as a core mechanic and not just something that is tacked on. The cast of the game is varies with many archetypes and playstyles, lots of sub mechanics make the game very balanced and deep with even low tiers being able to hang with top tiers.
>>
>>3666870
Anyone who's been exposed to more technical, more dynamic fighting games will quickly pass on tekken. Other top fighters, namely Street Fighter, KoF and MK have advanced impressively in their latest installments; but the relic that is tekken just can't seem to evolve. if you want something a little more "button-masher-friendly," tekken might be your cup of tea.... Key word, might.
>>
>>3667786
This conversation is fascinating, I also dont know crap about fighting games but would like to know more about this stuff

Why is tekken bad exactly?
How does soul calibur measure up?
>>
>>3667604
Combo vids are so autistic.
>>
The only reason why bloody roar is balanced is because nobody plays it, so there was no opportunity to find broken stuff like in Tekken.
>>
>>3667816
Bloody Roar is still played to this day, people found the "broken" stuff and then they found the counters to it and the game remains balanced.
>>
>>3667828
Lies.
>>
File: 1430878626131.gif (2MB, 331x248px) Image search: [Google]
1430878626131.gif
2MB, 331x248px
>>3667808
>anyone who is better at a video game than me is autistic
>>
File: Untitled.png (1MB, 1266x617px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1MB, 1266x617px
>>3667837
Uh, no. The game has biweekly tournaments which are easily available on youtube.

Both BR2 and BR3 have scenes. people even still play BR1 and PF from time to time.
>>
>>3667840
Make sure you show off you're videogame skills in a flashy video with techno music.
>>
>>3667848
>Entertainment shouldn't be entertaining
Now who's autistic
>>
>>3667850
Nice post
*techno music starts playing*
>>
File: autism-1.jpg (935KB, 2530x759px) Image search: [Google]
autism-1.jpg
935KB, 2530x759px
>>3667872
>>
>>3667880
untss untss untss beeep boop bop
>>
>>3667898
Curb your autism
>>
>>3667798
>Why is tekken bad exactly?
It mostly relies on cheap juggles and button mashing and always has done. Also, its movements and inputs just aren't particularly reliable, and its combo inputs are extremely inconsistent. You see, the timing for combos in most fighting games comes down to certain indicators. In Tekken however, it's not about memorising a consistent timing so much as the rhythm of the input, as not inputting a command in a certain rhythmic way means it won't work at all. It's extremely jarring, particularly as will most games you input the buttons for the combos beforehand, quickly, or you learn the correct length of time to pause before inputting the next command of the combo. As a result, Tekken often comes down to the easier to spam moves and combos, and can be a pretty unsatisfying experience when it comes to competitive play.

>How does soul calibur measure up?
It's a spamfest too in all fairness.

Both very fun series, but not good by any stretch of the imagination.
>>
>>3667957
This, but to add to Tekken the game plays almost like a turn based game with players getting to attack at each other till one of them slips up, traditional footsies and space control dont really exist in Tekken and the game is very shallow.

There's a reason why Tekken is much more popular with the casual crowd than the competitive scene.
>>
>>3667247
>Bakuryu
>OP
And this is how you spot someone who has never actually played the game.
>>
>>3668143
Whats the tier list? Not that guy
>>
>>3668149
BR1
>Top Tier:
Greg, Alice
>High Tier:
Yugo, Long, Mitsuko
>Mid Tier:
Fox, Bakuryu
>Low Tier:
Gado

BR2:
>Top Tier:
Stun, Shenlong, Gado
>High Tier:
Alice, Marvel, Uriko, Long
>Mid Tier:
Yugo, Busuzima, Bakuryu
>Low Tier:
Jenny

BR3:
>Top Tier:
ShenLong, Marvel, Jenny, Alice
>High Tier:
Uriko, Long, Xion
>Mid Tier:
Kohryu, Gado, Yugo
>Low Tier:
Busuzima, Bakuryu, Stun
>>
>>3668283
Neat
>>
File: 1397348370958.jpg (152KB, 535x798px) Image search: [Google]
1397348370958.jpg
152KB, 535x798px
>>3666498
Cry of the Legend is GOAT
>>
File: smug skinner.jpg (28KB, 343x394px) Image search: [Google]
smug skinner.jpg
28KB, 343x394px
>>3666087
>bloody roar
>bloody
>no blood

kek
>>
>>3669256
The game has Blood, its even on by default, OP somehow managed to disable it without noticing.

Primal Fury is the only game with no blood because lolnintendo
>>
>>3669348
OP here It seems there is no blood in the JP version which is really strange
>>
Fuck yeah Bloody Roar
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkMU8ZVPgOA
>>
>>3668283
from where did you got that tier list?
>>
File: Bloody_Roar_3.jpg (97KB, 640x909px) Image search: [Google]
Bloody_Roar_3.jpg
97KB, 640x909px
>>3666870
>The Bloody Roar games are poor fighting game
>To be a good fighting game, there needs to be some measure of balance. This isn't a thing in Bloody Roar
Bloody Roar 2 and especially 3 are well balanced and very good fighting games and you're just some button mashing shitter.
>>
File: get a load of these clowns.jpg (170KB, 800x1049px) Image search: [Google]
get a load of these clowns.jpg
170KB, 800x1049px
>>3666789
>>
>>3666870
>Nobody would dare deny it's fun though.

Which means it's good. Who gives a shit about muh balance and all that other crap? All what matters is if it's fun because having fun is fun.
>>
>>3670809
The irony is Bloody Roar is more balanced than any of the other games he listed
>>
File: 1481462165854.jpg (20KB, 150x297px) Image search: [Google]
1481462165854.jpg
20KB, 150x297px
>>3670806
jojo reference?
>>
>>3670809
>Who gives a shit about muh balance and all that other crap?

Well it does matter, to an extent. The fighting game genre is pretty weird and esoteric in this way, but a game can be technically brilliant but ultimately not very fun (Virtua Fighter 2) or it can be technically flawed but in actuality extremely good (Bloody Roar and Fighting Vipers). The more time you spend with a game though, the more you'll come to understand its exploits and functions. What starts out as a great experience might eventually become boring, while a more complicated, overly complex fighting game might start out tedious and dull but ultimately become significantly more satisfying in the long run, once you really start to get a hang of the mechanics of the game.
>>
>>3670928
>technically flawed
>Bloody Roar
Just stop posting, you know nothing about the game.
>>
>>3666087
>>3669446
I think the extra blood was added for the USA PS1 release, the arcade and the jap PS1 game has lighter blood. I prefer the jap one because some characters talk english and others talk jap (something like the newer Tekken games, but with less languages), and the Kinniku Shoujo Tai song at the intro.
>>
>>3671039
>Bloody Roar
>not technically flawed

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Go home, kid. You don't belong here.
>>
>>3671460
Whats technically flawed about Bloody Roar?

Keep in mind i know the games mechanics inside and out and will call you out on any BS.
>>
>>3671464
>Keep in mind i know the games mechanics inside and out and will call you out on any BS.
Like shit you do, child.

If you can't see what's wrong with Bloody Roar, you are clinically retarded, and there is no way to reason with you. End of.
>>
>>3671495
So your saying you know nothing about the game and that i was right.

That's what i though.
>>
>>3671495
Congratulations on exposing yourself as a clueless moron.
>>
>>3671495
>Called out
>KEVORKIAN DOOOOOOOOOODGE
>>
>>3670928
>Well it does matter, to an extent.

No it doesn't. If something is fun then it's fun balance doesn't matter to anyone but losers who can't play a real sport like wallball.
>>
BR 1 Alice was best Alice
>>
>>3666087
>Bloody Roar has no blood
How ironic.
>>
Didn't the Gaycube version of one game censor the blood?
>>
>>3672418
i wonder how her animal form would be in bed haha
>>
>>3672528
Yeah nintendo forced them to remove all the blood and sexual imagery from the game, also the controls for the game as well as a lot of the mechanics were greatly simplified.

thanks nintendo....
>>
>>3672931
This is why Xbox and Genesis were better than every Nintendo console combned
>>
>>3671495
>Talks a bunch of shit
>Cant back it up
wow /vr/ is even worse than /v/ when it comes to fighting games.
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.