[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Master System II revival

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: 1481246744743-1009397139.jpg (1MB, 2576x1932px) Image search: [Google]
1481246744743-1009397139.jpg
1MB, 2576x1932px
So, /vr/, I found my brother's old Sega Master System II on a shelf at my dad's house.

It has three games and one controller.
It has no RF out cable, and no AC adaptor.

How can I get her going again, anons?
>>
>>3665760
Pic related, the ports for the cables I don't have
>>
File: 20161209_141637.jpg (1MB, 2576x1932px) Image search: [Google]
20161209_141637.jpg
1MB, 2576x1932px
>>3665772
Forgot image
>>
Should be able to find them pretty easy, and pretty cheap too. Just check on google.

Also, find a copy of Wonder Boy in Monster Land as soon as you can. That is the greatest SMS game, ever.
>>
Just grab a fucking generic RF cable, gosh. And a generic power supply with the appropriate tension and polarity as written on the console's case. It's not hard. There's nothing proprietary in that unit.
>>
>>3665793
Just found this thing. What do?
>>
>>3665802
You only need that if you're leaving it hooked up 24/7.

Hook an antenna cable from Sega to antenna input on your tv. Find a 9V power supply with the + on the outside of the pole.
Retune your tv.

It's gonna look like shit.
>>
>>3665807
>retune
Fuck, I only have a modern widescreen TV.
>>
>>3665809
It should still have a analog tuning mode, most do.
Question is if it will pick up a progressive video signal or not.
>>
>>3665807
He needs an rca to rf lead.
>>
>>3665774
That looks like the RF adapter port for an NES. If you have one of those around, it might be worth trying. I know they work for a TG16. As for power, look on the bottom of the system or near the power port and should tell you what voltage the power adapter needs to be. Then you just need to find one with the appropriate output.
>>
Bare minimum you need a dc adapter that fits the hole, has the right to polarity, the same or just slightly higher voltage and at least as much amperage as the console needs, a phono/rca/AV cable you probably have already and one of these

I'd you want to get composite or rgb out of it I can get you a pinout diagram
>>
ask dad if he has a box of cables/wires
also check back of tv.

High likelihood they are still there (fr out/ac adapter)
>>
>>3666007
Get this coax to rf pictured. Then get a Genesis 1 power adapter.
You can get the adapter and a coaxial rf cord with standard rca ends at Monoprice or amazon for cheap....if USA.
>>
>>3665760

Its a shame that those games absolutely suck. No wonder its been sitting in your dads shelf.
>>
>>3666379
Terminator Vs Robocop was alright dude.
Just listen to this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnfqNl8iGKA
>>
Any progress OP?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.