[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was their problem?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

File: sega.jpg (89KB, 640x803px) Image search: [Google]
sega.jpg
89KB, 640x803px
What was their problem?
>>
The dudes at segas ad dep. we're master trolls.
>>
Well, it's true that the GG had colors and a better scree--- *batteries ran out*
>>
>>3663846
pure butthurt
>>
ahhh, the 90's. never again will it be okay for advertisers to be this rude to their audience.
>>
>>3663863
They aren't being rude to their audience

just Nintendo's
>>
No that makes sense they are trashing the competition.

What was whoever made this ad problem?
Did "disgusting" used to be a selling point?
>>
>>3663873

>implying everyone was a console warrior

Most sane people just liked video games in general, not specific companies.

that said, I bought a Game Gear before a Game Boy, because of the color screen.

Ended up getting a GB later and playing it more due to more games, but the GG was a really cool gadget to own back in 1994.
>>
>>3663863
Tom Kalinske's about to make you his bitch

>>3663878
It actually was. In the '90s it was quite hip, a big part of grunge/punk. This and satanism.
>>
wow the 90s were horrible

all that ableism
>>
>>3663846
>What was their problem?

SEGA DOES
>>
>>3663878

This is from the same generation that ate green ketchup. Yes, disgusting used to be a selling point to 12 year old boys, and in many ways it still is.
>>
Why couldn't handhelds that actually had color compete with one that didn't get color until 1998?
>>
>>3664175
because it wasn't nintendo.
>>
>>3664175
Because they didn't have fucking games.
>>
>>3664226
>what are Sonic the Hedgehog 2™, Taz-Mania™, Streets of Rage™, Shinobi 2™, and Batman™ Returns
>>
>>3663846
Gameboy games were better because the games were designed very specifically around the hardware, the system used low level assembly exclusively and was unlike anything else on the market so the games usually ran pretty well and took the screen into consideration. The gamegear basically got a bunch of master system ports, but they were rubbish because the screen was so small.
>>
File: gg10b.jpg (265KB, 800x1431px) Image search: [Google]
gg10b.jpg
265KB, 800x1431px
>>3663853
I fucking loved all trolling SEGA would do back then, it was endlessly hilarious.

One of me favourite examples is when Nintendo sued Galoob for their Game Genie add-on. Nintendo eventually lost the case.

SEGA then signed Galoob up as an official partner and gave the Game Genie their official seal of approval for no other reason other than to piss Nintendo off.
>>
>>3664175
game gear had a short battery life, among other issues.
>>
Price point of $150 versus the Gameboy's $90.
>>
>>3664151
What Nintendont
I got anxious about nobody doing this for you
>>
File: sheldon.jpg (223KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
sheldon.jpg
223KB, 1920x1080px
>>3664405
Hi Sheldor.
>>
>>3664253
>The system used low level assembly exclusively

Are there any examples of games for the game gear that don't? It uses the same instruction set as the game boy (GG used z80, game boy used a Sharp z80 worl-alike iirc) and I haven't heard of any developers that used C or anything like that in their game gear development.
>>
>>3664428
Work-alike
>>
File: bernard.jpg (102KB, 343x500px) Image search: [Google]
bernard.jpg
102KB, 343x500px
>Duuh guys what the fuck is Street of Rage
>>
They knew they were always one step behind so they tried to do whatever they could to sell more.
Trashing the competition, claiming they had a superior handheld just because of the colors when it was inferior in every single other aspect. That's sega for you.

Blast processing my ass.
>>
>>3663859
You know, it's ironic that when the fluorescent lamp was removed from the game gear it could list up to something like 10 hours. I wonder if nintendo would have had more portable competition if sega decided to have some restraint and had simply focused on the colour aspect of the console...
>>
>>3664576
Would it have been possible to just have an on and off switch for the light? Seems like that would have solved a lot of the problems, still wouldn't have made that screen any good though, was a ghosting nightmare.
>>
File: cyberdillo_ad.jpg (123KB, 600x807px) Image search: [Google]
cyberdillo_ad.jpg
123KB, 600x807px
>>3663878
>Did "disgusting" used to be a selling point?
Thanks for giving me an excuse to post this.
>>
>>3664623
Reminds me of the Earthbound ads.
>"This game stinks!"
>>
>>3664239
Inferior ports of Master System games.
>>
>>3664623
Poor 3DO never had a chance
>>
>>3664623
Cyberdillo actually has weird and gross shit from the looks of it, though. It's way more strange when they looked Earthbound and thought "Yep. We'll advertise this game as a gross stinking pile of shit. It's clearly all about boogers, literally all of the time. Kids will love it!"
>>
>>3664723
It was because of the scratch and sniffs you mong
>>
>>3664662
Imagine if they wouldn't have been so disrespectful to Itoi's masterpiece with their shit ads, maybe the game would've actually sold amazingly well
>>
>>3664746
>trying to sell a colorful RPG to adults in 1995 america

Good luck
>>
>>3663873
>>3663878
You don't insult the people you're trying to convert. That's exactly why Hillary Clinton lost 2016.
>>
>>3663846
>What was their problem?

DUDE CONSOLE WARS LMAO
>>
>>3664901
yeah that campaign was 3DO all over again
>>
>>3664239

Yeah, all first party.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.