[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's an affordable mini PC that can emulate at good speeds?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: Justanexample.jpg (4KB, 299x169px) Image search: [Google]
Justanexample.jpg
4KB, 299x169px
What's an affordable mini PC that can emulate at good speeds?

Want to do at least N64 emulation, as screwed up as it can be sometimes.
>>
>>3663832
>Want to do at least N64 emulation

Not going to happen. N64 emulation is shit on every single platform. Unless you count Nintendo's in-house emulator on GC / Wii, which is somewhat spotty but works.

>What's an affordable mini PC that can emulate at good speeds?

Just salvage an old desktop and hook it to your TV.

If you really insist on playing N64 ROMs, then consider investing in a used Wii and soft-mod it. You can download Virtual Console WADs off the Internet. But this limits you to whatever N64 games Nintendo has actually made available through their VC service, which is only a handful.
>>
>>3663864
Look, I know n64 emulation is fucked, I'm not trying to emulate anything harder then Mario 64 or Ocarina tho.
>>
>>3663870
Fucking anything will be fine for mainstream N64 games as long as you don't have autism.
Mario 64 is playable on a fucking PSP for crying out loud.
>>
>>3663870
>I'm not trying to emulate anything harder then Mario 64 or Ocarina

A soft-modded Wii is probably still your best option. They're likely around the same price as a single-board computer, and they'll definitely out-perform them as far as N64 emulation is concerned.

They're not difficult to mod. You just download the bananabomb exploit and run it. Then you look online for a torrent of Wii VC WADs and put them on an SD card.
>>
File: 1481091098905.webm (2MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
1481091098905.webm
2MB, 854x480px
>>3663883
>>
>>3663885
Use a gamecube controller if that's too much lag for you
>>
>>3663885
I'm not sure what you're doing, but I just tried to replicate it and it doesn't lag nearly that much.
>>
>>3663832
Build your own mini-ITX HTPC
>>
>>3663832
Just buy an Intel NUC, slap some RAM and an SSD in there and you're good to go.

Just make sure to use good RAM and fill both slots since the integrated GPU will be slow as shit if you don't.
>>
>>3664064
Where do you download ram from?
>>
>>3663962
Maybe it's an hdcrt?
>>
>>3663885

>Using a classic controller plugged into a Wiimote

Nigga why the fuck do you think there's lag? There's no wired connection. Your inputs literally travel through the air into the console, which takes time. Wire something up, such a GC controller, and perform your test again.
>>
>>3665474
>Your inputs literally travel through the air into the console

At the fucking speed of light you KOWABUNGA dumbass.
>>
>>3663832
nvidia shield tv
>>
>>3666767
Shit
>>
Alright anyone else that has built a pc rig for their games chime in. I'm looking to get an older computer for cheap, upgrade ram and hhd. After that what should I be looking into. Vga converters or installing a video card that outputs S-video or component?
>>
>>3666767
He said affordable. That thing costs more than a real PC.
>>
>>3665474
>>3666027
its not that its wireless, I think its a software issue.
>>
>>3666846
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/H4qLFd

stick in whatever desktop you have laying around, flash the card with atom 15, install crt_emudriver2.0. Autism grade perfect pixel emulation and forced 240p (you can watch animu with scanlines and put things in your butt). Feel free to upgrade to the sony scart cable if you want to spend another $14. I would
>>
I use an Acer C720. Old netbooks and Chromebooks are top tier for affordable game boxes.
>>
>>3663832
If you don't want to emulate PS2/GC then probably any thrash PC after 2004 will do. If you want PS2, you need at least skylake i3 CPU and discrete videocard, like GTS 450, at least. Or better do normal modern rig and it will emulate PS2 as bonus.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.