[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Seiken Densetsu

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

Is this translation good or should I go for a fan one or sword of mana instead?
>>
Sword of Mana blows.

Anyone play the new remake?
>>
>>3662018
There's another remake?
>>
On mobile and Vita, I believe. It was mobile only in the US until they released a digital Vita version a few months back.
>>
>>3662017

FF Adventure's translation is okay for what it is, considering the space constraints Square had to work with. Character dialogs are mostly on the literal side, but items and spells underwent a lot of changes because 1:1 translations simply wouldn't fit in the allotted space.

The GBA remake is horseshit through and through.
>>
>>3662018
>>3662026
What's the problem with Sword? I always hear it sucks but nobody explains why
>>
>>3662017
The game isn't exactly the pinnacle of writing no matter what language you play it in, m8
>>
>>3662051
i never finished it so take this with some salt

The new mechanics feel awkward, i have no idea what the plant stuff was for. Magic is awkward to use, and the pacing feels slower. The game is more a re-imagining than a standard remake, so personally try it for yourself and see if you like it.

As a remake, it does not exactly have what I liked about FFA.

Apparently the NEW remake is cool and faithful.
>>
>>3662020
Adventures of Mana
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adventures_of_Mana
>>
>>3662298
Huh. This looks kind of fun but I'd rather play the original first
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-09-23-02-38-47.png (654KB, 1024x600px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-09-23-02-38-47.png
654KB, 1024x600px
>>3662018
It's not bad, but you can tell from the second you start that the whole purpose of its existence is as a passive-aggressive response to the negative reception Sword of Mana had.
It's exactly, and i mean EXACTLY the same as the original just with more modern visuals.

The ice puzzles, puzzles where random enemy spawns can make them impossible if enough don't spawn, pic related, the chocobo(t), etc., it's all there.
And completely unchanged, even the bullshit where not bringing enough keyrings can make the final dungeon impossible to finish.

It does have ring menus from the rest of the series and a few convenient item shortcuts so you don't have to open the entire menu every time you change equipment, but aside from touchscreen controls it's pretty much the exact same experience as the original.
Music sounds great, too.
>>
>>3662051
>What's the problem with Sword?

The developer retrofitted various elements from the later Mana series, to make the game appear more consistent with its modern sequels. It's virtually a completely different game. And it's honestly doesn't hold up that well to games like Legend of Mana, which its mechanics are largely based on.

I'll just go over a few of the more glaring issues I had with SoM:

- Way too easy difficulty. The game has a fairly rich character development system that lets you build your character up into a class template, and you can customize your weapons in a variety of ways. But none of that matters since literally none of the choices you make will make the game any more or less difficult. You can probably breeze through the game without ever going near the weapon customization system at all.

- And speaking of the character development system, this isn't explained anywhere. I don't believe the manual itself mentions the fact that choosing certain level ups will put you on the path to a class template later down the line. Unless you read a guide in advance, you'll be leveling up blindly, and likely won't get to take advantage of the class system whose existence you know nothing about.

- Literally useless spells. e.g. There's a spell to the effect of "Bubble Boat" that places your character inside a bubble and allows them to float around the screen. I have yet to discover any use for this spell, because it neither protects you from attacks nor allows you to float over obstacles or chasms. The game has some dummied out features and contents though, such as the use of shields. So it wouldn't be surprising that some uncoded or half-implemented features might have made their way into the final release.

- Shoddy translation from Brownie Brown, or whoever handled that aspect of the game's localization. The entire cast of characters is prone to some weird vernacular that's either from California or the Southern Appalachia.
>>
>>3662638
>Alright

There's a sure identifier of an outsourced translation.

What's with Square cutting corners with localization lately? Mobile games are especially victim to this.
>>
>>3662708
>There's a spell to the effect of "Bubble Boat" that places your character inside a bubble and allows them to float around the screen. I have yet to discover any use for this spell,

I think it allows you to cross poisonous ground without taking damage.

For the record, I loved this game but I'll agree it's tough as nails and can be very frustrating unless you use a guide or exploit some shorcuts to get early access to powerful materials or get fast exp/spell grind.

The Earth Cyclops from Gaina Cave can be found fairly early in the game and while it's VERY risky to fight, it can give you toms of spell, weapon and player EXP, without menctioning it can drop aerolite that later you can trade for Crystals, all of this can make your life MUCH easier.

Also, if you make 255 INDIVIDUAL purchases from Nicolo's store (open menu, select and buy an item, close everything, open the store's menu and buy again, etc) the guy wil sell you secret stuff that will make youir life even way easier.
>>
>>3662763
>I'll agree it's tough as nails

Uh, I said the exact opposite of that. It's piss easy, and it's impossible to fuck up your level growth or weapon customization in any way that could possibly make the game LESS easy.
>>
>>3662017
Perfectly good translation. Surprisingly great game. Also a total tearjerker, as odd as that might sound.
>>
>>3662051
>What's the problem with Sword? I always hear it sucks but nobody explains why

I liked Sword a lot. But it is more like a re-imagining than a remake as >>3662708 explained. So if you compare it to the original, I can understand you wouldn't appreciate it as much as if you just judge it as a standalone game.

The story is largely expanded upon, in my opinion for the better. The hero now has a sister and a deeper backstory, and the villains are way more fleshed-out.

The only thing that's kind of weird is that the devs originally promised to include 2 player co-op throughout the entirety of the game but they removed it at the last minute and made up a few super OP spells that you can only get with a 2nd copy of the game.

Also, the music is top tier
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2QAZmvDa1k
>>
>>3662818
Yeah, the game really does have this dreary somber atmosphere to it at all times, doesn't it? I think the excellent music is partly responsible for that.

FFA is one of my favorites. Certainly one of the better titles on the Gameboy. It has some clunky mechanics, and the translation is definitely an early-90s sort of translation, but overall the game is a great experience. I played the hell out of it.
>>
>>3662708
Know how the monsters start out just standing around doing nothing until you get close before they start attacking? They start attacking as soon as they see, smell, hear, ect. you. Several spells cover up one of those senses so you can run past an enemy without detection. However, each enemy has a primary and a secondary sense, so if they can't react to one, they'll just react to the other. Also note that in most cases you can just run past enemies with little problem anyways. This means that 4 or 5 of the 8 defensive spells are almost entirely useless.
The game seems to have several systems that are way more complicated than they need to be, and don't always work out. The story is also like this.
>>
>>3662018
Yes. Its much MUCH better than sword of mana. I'm actually really liking it. Its a straight remake of the game without all the garbage that Sword introduced
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.