[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Little known video game facts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 8

File: 1471390571442.jpg (67KB, 515x428px) Image search: [Google]
1471390571442.jpg
67KB, 515x428px
Little known video game facts
>>
>>3661184
Dur
>>
>>3661184
did you know that you can use another flute on the warp zone in mario bros 3 and it warps you to the last world?
>>
File: mfw.gif (238KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.gif
238KB, 500x500px
>>3661190
A mildly experienced player can reach literally any World in SMB3 in under 5 min, with the tradeoff of less (or no) backup inventory items. It was a perfect setup of built-in mechanics and shortcuts, conceived to make a save battery basically pointless.

And yet there's people in this board RIGHT NOW who think the SMAS version is superiorer because it slaps save mechanics on it
>>
File: wonder-boy-3_hu-man.gif (72KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
wonder-boy-3_hu-man.gif
72KB, 300x300px
>>3661184
Before Symphony of the Night, Wonder Boy III for the Master System/Game Gear was an installment in a series of games which marked a transition to a non-linear, non-level-based structure paradigm based on skill unlocking, added a full action-rpg equipment menu, AND began with a retelling of the previous' installment endgame.
>>
File: remarkable.jpg (47KB, 320x239px) Image search: [Google]
remarkable.jpg
47KB, 320x239px
>>3661184
OoT is not a good game at all and its in fact pretty shitty
>>
>>3661215
It's perfect only until new technology is available to deal with limitations. Then it falls into obsolescence with the difference between playing the same single levels over and over so you can access other parts of the game, and instant access.

As long as you've beaten a world once you shouldn't be forced to play it again.
>>
>>3661272

>B for navi
>sword on C button
>forest medallion also on C button

wat
>>
>>3661215
playing the original no-warps with emulator suspend/resume is the only way to go, I'm not messing with actual save files and I want to do every level
>>
File: 43133.jpg (18KB, 256x217px) Image search: [Google]
43133.jpg
18KB, 256x217px
Miki Kurusu and Ogawa Kentarou are characters who infrequently appear in the Rance games. They predate Rance himself by two and a half years, first appearing at the end of 1986.
>>
>>3661285
Early screenshot.
>>
>>3661287

Savestates generate files as well and you can still beat all the levels with battery save, so what's the point? Also, if you ever want to play the other worlds again, you'd have to create 8 savestate files, one for each world. That's eight times the files more than the cartridge save on SNES. Fuck dealing with all that shit.
>>
>>3661272

This isn't little known. It's a fairly popular minority opinion that's very easy to arrive at without any communication with others who already know of it.
>>
>>3661287

No there's one more option: Play through the entire thing in one session. I did this a few years ago; it took about four hours and was fun. Wouldn't want to do it very often, but I mean it's basically like watching Lawrence of Arabia straight through... a bit strenuous, but not a big deal.
>>
Maya The Bee on Gameboy Color was once a supposed South Park game.
>>
>>3661269
i dont know if bait, but what is Metroid?
>>
>>3661215
Also, All Stars music sounds like shit in SMB3.
>>
>>3661795

Not like shit, but yeah, it doesn't sound as good as on the NES, especially the percussion.
It's still overall pretty decent, but the best out of the remakes on All-Stars was SMB2, the graphic overhaul on that one was amazing.
>>
>>3661812
Eh, maybe I'm being a bit harsh. I just really don't care for SNES music. It sounds like an awkward puberty between serviceable if unfaithful chiptunes and real world instruments.

But even if I were biased, you gotta admit that this sounds like people farting into trumpets. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgfjkQ2mxjg
>>
>>3661815
listen to lord of the rings on snes
>>
File: FB_IMG_1481083542843.jpg (60KB, 557x747px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1481083542843.jpg
60KB, 557x747px
>>3661789

... maybe I'm naive, but Maya's level design feels like it was supposed to take place in an enlarged garden.

Am I being naive? Coukd a lit of it have been swapped with a different environment?

If so, has it been that long since I've played this game?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-12-05-20-30-48-1.png (499KB, 944x1005px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-12-05-20-30-48-1.png
499KB, 944x1005px
>>3661906

Ignore me, I was thinking of the GBA version.
>>
>>3661792
the first instalment of a series, and didn't have a full action-rpg equipment menu
>>
Did you know that they're called video games because they're games that you can play using video signals?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.