[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any good alternative to this wiki? Used to look it up because

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 51.png (31KB, 329x99px) Image search: [Google]
51.png
31KB, 329x99px
Any good alternative to this wiki? Used to look it up because I thought it had all games worth playing of a platform even if there was tons of mediocre shit in it but can't trust it anymore after I failed to find some true classics on it.

I still use it for reference material but at this point I rather look up IGNs top 100 lists if I want to find a new game to play.
>>
An alternative? No.

You could just update the wiki. Keep in mind that typically speaking, anybody that's played the classics that should be added to that list aren't using that wiki or don't go to that website anymore.
>>
>>3660812
I think the "classics" aren't added because everyone assumed everyone else knew about thedm already.

But you can always add them yourself.
>>
It's a wiki, just fucking add them - nobody's going to take them away. There's shit on there that has single digit scores on Metacritic but as long as you write up a little description anything's fine.

I don't really get the recent backlash towards it either, it's a useful tool to find some obscure games. Using it as some kind of test of your personal taste isn't useful.
>>
>>3660812
>I failed to find some true classics on it.
Ad them you dickhead. It's a wiki.
>>
>>3660812
Last time I checked it had fucking Daikatana listed as a recommendation for the PC.
>>
>>3661123
People start to forget how awful Daikatana is. Now it's kinda the game that got appreciation because it tried something new.
>>
>>3661127
The GBC version port of Daikatana isn't that bad but still nothing worth recommending.
>>
>>3661142
>GBC version port of Daikatana

How the fuck is this a thing
>>
>>3660812
The alternative?

You browse all of the articles on HG101, disregard the texts. Check the screenshots and decide what games look like your thing. Also check forums that talk about specific shit, if you want to get in on less known things. For example, go browse tokugawa or some other PC98 site if you want to know what might be cool PC98 games.

Further expand your searches based on companies you've noticed are interesting through relatively comprehensive databases like mobygames/gamefaqs. Find out all the shit the devs made, find screens, look at box arts, and further expand your increasingly growing backlog.

By this point, you don't need recommendations anymore, there's always something to play. You will never be done. You will never have a life again as the autism consumes you. Still, you aren't done. Now you start downloading full romsets and booting up each rom to see if the contents are worthwhile.
>>
>>3661261
It's honestly just enough to play the well know games and the cult classics. There actually aren't that many hidden gems out there. Most hidden gems are actually still well known games among enthusiasts or just mediocre games that gained the status for no actual reason.
>>
>>3660812
>I still use it for reference material
Isn't that what it's best for?
>>
>>3661142
>>3661154
GBC port of Daikatana is amazing
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.