[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw too scared to mod my PAL SNES for 60Hz

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: apustaja.jpg (9KB, 238x192px) Image search: [Google]
apustaja.jpg
9KB, 238x192px
>tfw too scared to mod my PAL SNES for 60Hz
>>
Just buy a pre-modded one then, don't fry the fucking thing.
>>
>>3660268
That's my first mod on a console, the hardest by far and, my god, that was scary... And I have my fair share of mods under my belt.

Just get some sacrificial boards with smd chips on it, I used old controller boards from broken hardisks I had around and practice leg lifting.

It's kinda easy but takes firm pulse the first time:

1º) Try to wedge a xacto blade between the pin you want to lift and the next.

2º) Touch the chip leg, touch it do not push it down, just lay the solder on it and let the heat transfer and melt the solder.

3º) Start to apply pressure to the blade and wait to the chip leg to move and lift it from the board.

4º) Straitgh it with a flat noosed plier and you are good to go.

The most difficult ones are the region protection chip and the PPU1, the onther is easier because the leg you need to lift it's on the side and it's easy to lift with the blade.
>>
>>3660268

Use a small set of wire cutters to cut the pin. Or desolder it.
>>
File: IMG_3461.gif (58KB, 500x347px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3461.gif
58KB, 500x347px
>mfw I'm not a palfag and can play games as the developers intended
>>
File: gundam-reaction-image.jpg (9KB, 236x177px) Image search: [Google]
gundam-reaction-image.jpg
9KB, 236x177px
>>3660268
>>3661113
>samefag trying to lure out Australia-kun
>>
>>3661148
>>3661113

You're both fags and should neck yourselves
>>
>implying the 10Hz difference is noticeable on the SNES
>>
>>3661171
Games back then were all but universally capped at the refresh rate. Nowadays this is considered "retarded".
>>
>>3660715
>>3661106
Do you guys do the SuperCIC mod?
Are there people in Oz who can do it for you?
>>
>>3661175
>Nowadays this is considered "retarded".
Most new games never go beyond 30fps anyway.
>>
>>3661223
Play better games, anon
>>
Australia-kun is dead.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.