[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the fuck bugs happen in a rom, where don't exist a cartridge?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: look at this.png (111KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
look at this.png
111KB, 1366x768px
How the fuck bugs happen in a rom, where don't exist a cartridge?
>>
File: Neon Genesis Evangelion.gif (30KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
Neon Genesis Evangelion.gif
30KB, 300x225px
If anything, ROMs on emulators are more likely to corrupt than a real cart on real hardware.
>>
>>3659369
It's not the ROM, it's the Emulator
>>
>>3659369
If the emulator doesn't emulate the hardware perfectly and the program stored in the ROM does something that works on real hardware but not on the emulator's implementation of said hardware... stuff happens.
>>
>he doesn't run corruptors for fun
>>
>>3659369
take the SD card out and blow on it
>>
>>3659369
The Genesis VDP handles graphics as a solid color background, two scrolling tile planes, and a sprite layer. The cave scroll plane looks fine and the sprites look fine, all the corruption is on the second scroll plane. The 8x8 tiles don't look corrupt, so it's probably just displaying the incorrect tiles.

Scroll planes are essentially a table of 2 byte tile descriptors pointing to the tile number and setting various display attributes. Either the offsets in the tile descriptors are wrong, or the tiles themselves were transferred to the wrong address in VRAM, impossible to say. There are several ways of designating VRAM address for writing and that emulator probably doesn't support whatever method was used for that plane.

There's also a lot of undocumented features on the VDP that some hotshot devs liked to use that can cause interesting effects on emulators that don't know about them.
>>
>>3659608
No one cares omfg shut up.
>>
>>3659369
are people really this stupid on /vr/?
>>
>>3659369
bad dumps and/or emulation inaccuracies
>>
>>3659648
>Shitty console wars for shitty dead consoles
>HOWTHEDEVELOPERSINTENDEDâ„¢
>100th Treasure topic
>Metal Gear fag, Kattfag
>M-muh Hipsters
Yes, they are.
>>
>>3659608
I do care and I really enjoy learning about this stuff, ignore other anon.
>>
>>3659642
I care
>>
>>3659608
looks more like he loaded a corrupted or incompatible savestate
>>
>>3659369
Do you know what a ROM is, fucktard? It's the emulator's fault, you could play that on an everdrive on real hardware and have zero issues.
>>
>Bad dump
>Inaccurate emulator
those are the only culprits
>>
>>3661007

Why are so many people on this board talking like a manly man who's just been literally fucked in his ass and is trying to compensate for his perceived loss of masculinity by hurling insults at everyone?

Maybe it's people who were bullied one time too many while in high school?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.