[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dungeon Crawlers/RPGS like Eye of the Beholder/Grimrock

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: Eye of the Beholder 3_4.png (21KB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
Eye of the Beholder 3_4.png
21KB, 320x200px
Hey,

What are some great "3D" rpg dungeon crawlers like Eye of the Beholder/Grimrock, that I can play DSi, PSP, SNES, GBA and anything DSi and PSP can emulate?

Looking for some comfy dungeon exploring rpg while snugging in the bed.

If there aren't any good such games to recommend, what about straight up rpgs? I heard ChronoTrigger is good. Is it?
>>
I think Dungeon Master was released for the SNES. Not sure how fun it will be with the magic system and a gamepad though.
>>
>>3658203
Anything that has Megami Tensei on the NES/SNES/PS1 is generally worth looking into. They're all translated except for If...

CT really isn't comparable to these games. It's good but in a different way.
>>
>>3658203
>If there aren't any good such games to recommend
I wouldn't worry about that, there's a million of them, DS/3DS is actually a good platform for these, check this out:

http://www.dungeoncrawlers.org/platforms/

note that most of them aren't realtime like EotB tho.
>>
Thank you everyone for your suggestions.

>>3658291
Damn, what a great site. Thanks.
>>
File: realm of terror.jpg (65KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
realm of terror.jpg
65KB, 720x480px
>>3658203
>Looking for some comfy dungeon exploring rpg while snugging in the bed.

Dungeon crawling isn't comfy you sick fuck.

Try Legacy
http://www.abandonwaredos.com/abandonware-game.php?gid=1080
>>
>>3658203
Ever tried the Gold Box series?
>>
defender of oasis on Game gear is pretty good.
>>
>>3658203
Elminage Original is a pretty good PSP game, it's Wizardry in everything but name.
>>
Towers: Lord Baniff's Deceit on ST, PC and GBC. Or maybe its sequel on Jaguar and PC.
>>
File: uukrul.jpg (87KB, 598x700px) Image search: [Google]
uukrul.jpg
87KB, 598x700px
Dark Heart of Uukrul. It's DOS but really good.
>>
>>3659208
Well OP specifically asked for virtually everything other than DOS
>>
File: 1463326125350.jpg (98KB, 640x919px) Image search: [Google]
1463326125350.jpg
98KB, 640x919px
>>3658203

A lesser-known gem for the NES. This was somewhat more akin to Elder Scrolls than your typical dungeon crawler fare. Although the game has grid-based movement, NPCs and foes move and attack in real-time.

The game also has vastly open environments, not just endless corridors. (Come to think of it, the dungeons are pretty open as well) This makes navigation a little confusing, but you shouldn't have too many problems getting around as long as you can make note of some environmental markers between the various cities.

The magic system was pretty unique for its time. You create your own spells by combining sequences of runes. Your choices will determine the type of spell effect, magnitude, cost, etc. For instance, you might create a really expensive attack spell with one combination, only to discover later that you can produce that same effect with a more consolidated cost. Which can be frustrating, but fun.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.