[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Selling stuff

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: zeldo.png (385KB, 1266x544px) Image search: [Google]
zeldo.png
385KB, 1266x544px
Whats the best way to sell your old shit? Im not strapped for cash or anything but im losing interest in all my retroish gaming stuff (1980-2005ish).

I dont see ebay as a good idea since it seems to easy for the seller to gget screwed over and to make matters worse being australian sort of limits the market in a sense.

What should i do
>>
eBay if you want your value

Craigslist if you want to get rid of shit no strings attached, but be prepared to offer a deal

Used game store/pawn shop/garage sale if you absolutely must see it gone now
>>
>>3658173
It depends on how much time you're willing to spend. Private auctions will get you the most, but it takes the most time. I just loaded a bunch of my old stuff into a box and took it to a local game store and they gave me almost $500 for it all. I probably could have got close to double if I'd sold myself and been choosy, but it wasn't worth it for me. I was mostly doing it to clear storage room.
>>
Morally correct way to get rid of old games and systems:
>give them to your 7 year old nephew or a younger cousin

Greedy merchant way to get rid of them:
>hoard them for two decades and try to trick young hipsters into buying them for more than what you paid for them
>>
>>3658187
I dont mind going slow, i have probs over $6,000 worth of stuff to sell and im not even strapped for cash or anything, just looking to become minimalistic and anti-consumer in a sense.

I'll look into private auctions, do you have any clue about how much they take as a cut? I tried selling it to a few second hand game shops but their prices were so low for what i was selling (mib gbc, boxed nes, things like that)

>>3658196
Good idea with handing this stuff down but i doubt my cousins would be interested, the only ones young enough are destructive millenials who didnt know phones without a touch screen exsisted.

I dont mind hoarding for a bit but i question how likely this stuff is to increase in value. Its mainly nintendo stuff across most generations up to GBA but with a couple of other things like 2600, c64 and a lynx. Even worse would be if the value increased to a point where noone wants to buy it
>>
File: Ps1 and games.jpg (156KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Ps1 and games.jpg
156KB, 640x480px
>>3658173
I've been putting my stuff on craigslist lately

Short story long, I'm ill and dying so I don't want to leave all my stuff for my family to deal with when they aren't into games. I have noticed that people don't want to buy huge lots of stuff even when it's cheaply priced, they want to pick and choose out stuff. I'm not trying to make alot either because most of the stuff I've gotten years and years ago and got it for a few bucks here and there.

If I can, if I make it til then I'll go to the flea market here in the spring and make someone an offer they can't refuse on most of it and let them make some money off of it.

Here's an example, I had this priced at 80 bucks or best offer and nobody wanted the complete lot.
>>
>>3658173
500 bucks

but FREE SHIPPING LOL what a deal!!!
>>
>>3658247
you cant say youre dying and then say nothing else.

At a guess; cancer but cant afford chemo?
>>
>>3658247
maybe because nobody wants ps1 games
>>
>>3658250
pancreatic cancer, chemo will just kill me faster

>>3658251
I guess so, if I knew somebody that would enjoy them I'd just give them to um
>>
>>3658196
>Morally correct way to get rid of old games and systems

I wouldn't say it's inherently immoral to use eBay. Problem is, NOT matching other sellers' outrageous prices means your auction will likely be bought by some reseller scum who is going to turn around and sell your item at an even higher price. So there's really no generous way to go about unloading your old games without simultaneously cheating someone.

My advice would be to sell them to any of your friends who also play retro games, assuming they're serious about playing the games and won't just list them on eBay or let them sit in a closet and gather dust. In that case, you can safely offer them a better deal.
>>
File: 1439342475832.jpg (319KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1439342475832.jpg
319KB, 1280x720px
>>3658257
>sell them to any of your friends

must be nice
>>
>>3658253
would you sell me your ff games? how much?

Sorry to hear too, can they not remove the gland?
>>
>>3658270
what do you want to pay? they are in very nice condition

they can do an transplant but it sucks and the list takes forever

actually surprised you know it's a gland and not an organ, most people don't.... very good
>>
>>3658253

The board will be worse without you, anon.

Or not. Maybe you're a shitposter. I dunno.
>>
>>3658274
Probs just after 7 so maybe $40 ish idk if thats a bad price or not? Although you're probably american so it might make shipping too high.

Did they give you any indication about your place on this list?

I feel weird writing this too, it must be hard to try and i guess "accept" death.
>>
>>3658253
I know it's some kooky shit but give cannabis oil a shot. There's a decent literature on cannabis and tumor growth, and loads of anecdotes of people getting rid of their cancer completely with it.

Craigslist/whatever local classifieds is your best bet for selling shit off. eBay is fine, but only if you have a sellers account which is $20/Mo USD. otherwise the fees are really high. Amazon is good because you don't need to upload photos and they are a bit better about protecting sellers (though that's ending soon). Amazon is stricter though about shipping shit out on time and you have to respond to customers within 24 hours.
You could also sell on a forum like cheapassgamer or something.
>>
>>3658372
Does cannabis oil have the high side affect?
>>
>>3658502
Most likely not.

Most cbd oil has very low amounts of thc.

If you live where weed is legal you can get varying mixes, as some people say the thc has health benefits as well.

If you live where weed is illegal, you can still get cbd oil, but itll either be crazy expensive made from specialized strands that contain almost no thc or itll be cheaper shit made from industrial hemp. Most people seem to say the hemp cbd oil is worthless.
>>
>>3658225
What boxed nes stuff and do you have any snes? And would you post to melbourne?
>>
For your more valuable stuff, use ebay because it's worth it. Everything else, use craigslist/apps/facebookmarket or similar.
>>
>>3659609
Isnt it easy to get scammed on ebay though? I purchased something that was faulty once and without supplying evidence they refunded me and let me keep the item (ebay did not the seller.
>>
>>3660192
>Isnt it easy to get scammed on ebay though?

Only idiots get scammed now, everybody's offered protection now.
>>
>>3660194
How does seller protection work? Obviously youd make your own evidence of everything being in working order beforehand (or weighting for mib)
>>
>>3660203
it protects the seller
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.