[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /vr/, what's the best Sega Saturn emulator for pc?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: SegaSaturn.jpg (29KB, 432x360px) Image search: [Google]
SegaSaturn.jpg
29KB, 432x360px
Hey /vr/, what's the best Sega Saturn emulator for pc?
>>
there is no best one, you need to use them all to get desirable results on a game by game basis.

Alternatively just use the original hardware. It's an amazing system.
>>
Easily Mednafen.

It runs most Saturn games really well. Blows away any other Saturn Emulator.
>>
Saturn + AR4+ and controllers is less than $100, there's no excuse not to buy the real thing tbqh
>>
Op here, thanks for the suggestions. Also, what games would you guys say are must-plays for the system? I'm mainly wanting to play through Shining Force 3 as the first two are some of my all time favorite games but I've never played the third one. Any other suggestions?
>>
>>3657452

This, and even then there are going to be grossly incompatible games. Saturn emulation just isn't that advanced at the moment. Good luck with N64 emulation as well.

>>3657457
>"Use a multi-system frontend!"

Sure thing, friendo :^)
>>
>>3657446
SSF 012 beta R3/R4 or the current mednafen in terms of accurate emulation,really SSF is the most accurate saturn emulator around with only a few games having a few graphical-audio glitches.
>>
>>3657484
Cotton 2 and boomerang, the panzer dragoon series, twinkle star sprites
>>
>>3657457
>Implying SSF isn't more accurate
Fucking newfags and their love for mednafen,don't get me wrong mednafen's saturn core is off to an amazing start,but once you start diving into more lesser known saturn games the graphical and audio glitches start to rear their head VERY quickly,a lot of japanese saturn games mainly.
>>
I like uoYabause because its straight forward and its updated from time to time. I wouldn't say its the end all of Saturn emulators though.
>>
>>3657446
probably ssf then mednafen then yabause.

people act like yabause is shit, but mednafen in fact is based on the same research yabause is based on, and recent updates have significantly improved compatability.

i'd expect them to be similar, mednafen might be a bit more reliable because it doesn't make concessions to support hardware acceleration
>>
Thinking of buying a saturn but not sure if I should. I'm unfamiliar with the library and want to try games on it but as prices rise I plan to pirate. How easy is it to pirate on saturn? Pretty big idiot with tech here, only have really hacked my psp and 3ds.
>>
>>3659893
Saturn is one of the easiest consoles to pirate for, you just need to flash an action replay with pseudosaturn.
>>
>>3657446
SSF is the best one. Followed by Mednafen.
>>
>>3659893
very easy. Try to get a model 1 so it's even easier, and it's an amazing system too. You're gonna be spending plenty of time discovering amazing game after amazing game.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.