[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

vr week or month "challenge"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

File: Retro_Game_Challenge.png (852KB, 1800x700px) Image search: [Google]
Retro_Game_Challenge.png
852KB, 1800x700px
Could we have an "official" vr weekly or monthly retro experience?
Ala vr gauntlet but where everyone play the same game and share experience, feelings, opiniones, memes...
I think it would be a great idea.
>>
Go to Racketboy, click on "Together Retro"
>>
>>3655823
It has been tried multiple times,just search the archives.
There are no people left on this board that actually play video games,only shitposters from /v/ that in all reality are just kids trying to have fun.
Everyone else is gone.
>>
>>3655823
I'm down for this, for what it's worth.

Will monitor this thread.
>>
>memes

No thanks, you sound underage.
>>
Probably simpler to just make a thread about a game you like and post "get in here and play this shit right now"
>>
File: tmp_3057-large-502385304.jpg (27KB, 500x486px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_3057-large-502385304.jpg
27KB, 500x486px
>>3655823
We "could" have an official /vr/ retro experience...

...If only you would make one.
>are you bad enough dudes
>>
>>3655893
We play games. We just don't want to play them with you.
>>
>>3656147
If you say so bud
>>
Pretty good idea, actually. Like a book club for vidya.
>>
If you like adventure games, I know the Adventure Gamers forum do a community playthrough pretty often, sometimes modern games, sometimes retro.
>>
I would participate in this but only if I already owned the game or was planning on eventually buying it
>>
It could work for arcade-style games imo, comparing scores/times and such, this board needs more arcade appreciation.
>>
>>3656904
collectorcucks need no apply, you don't even play games
>>
>>3655893
This here.

The Gauntlet was massively popular when it started. Lots of people playing, continual thread about it, etc. Over time, people got tired of the shitty games since the Gauntlet is EVERY FUCKING GAME ON THE CONSOLE, and stopped. Some people offered to cut the lists down to remove shovelware and edutainment shit, but the 2-3 people who actually enjoy bad games (or claim to) bitched and complained, and those people gave up. The lists stayed the same, the Gauntlet died.

Some guy tried to create a Gauntlet with pre-selected games, but the mods ended up deleting the thread since videogames apparently aren't allowed on /vr/?

A few tried a book club type idea, but it's never gone beyond the first game that I can remember.

You should have tried this back in 2013 OP, it might have had legs then.

I'm sure there's gonna be a lot of people saying I'm wrong. Go ahead, try it for yourself. See what happens.
>>
>>3656938

faggot I'm playing games right now, suck my dick
>>
>>3655823
It's an excellent idea, but variations of it are occasionally tried and they (almost) never catch on.

Always worth trying though.
>>
I'm in. I say we roll from the entire list of NES (to start with) games and then vote to keep or reroll. I can write a quick script to roll if nobody else feels like it.
>>
>we
>>
>>3657419

Oh fuck off
>>
>>3657061
>Over time, people got tired of the shitty games since the Gauntlet is EVERY FUCKING GAME ON THE CONSOLE, and stopped.
I got tired of that shit the first time I rolled

>Some guy tried to create a Gauntlet with pre-selected games, but the mods ended up deleting the thread since videogames apparently aren't allowed on /vr/?
we do get some random as hell moderation
>>
File: Gauntlet.png (28KB, 545x623px) Image search: [Google]
Gauntlet.png
28KB, 545x623px
Let's do this
>>
>>3655893
I miss the gauntlet threads, they were fun while they lasted. It introduced me to some cool stuff like Conquest of the Crystal Palace. Also made me play through the NES version of Dragon's Lair which was an, uh, experience.
>>
>>3658375

Where did this come from?

If people are actually interested I'll throw up a website.
>>
im interested
>>
>>3658375
I tried Dead Moon but I didn't win on my first try so I gave up
>>
>>3655823
Sure, m8. Your first challenge is to beat Gauntlet 2. Get going!
>>
>>3659694

Interested but not in that list, let's pick something as a group
>>
>>3659868

Instead of rolling you mean?
>>
>>3658375
Imma just play Metal Slug 3 the whole time
>>
>>3658375
>SAT: Angelique Special
Possibly the worst loading time of any game on Saturn. For some reason it spins down the drive every time it finishes loading so the next time it loads it has to spin the drive back up again.
>>
>>3659980

This is why you fucking niggers can't do this simple goddamn thing. I hate you
>>
It sounds like fun but for some reason things like these never catch on.
>>
Maybe it would be better to start with a weekend event first. Like a short game every weekend, have a thread for it, gauge the response to everyone playing the same thing - then move on to more complicated projects like the gauntlet or game of the month.

just a thought
>>
I'm down
>>
yeah I'm up for this. we should make a group on an actual website rather than a thread that will die in minutes though.
>>
>>3660430
>a thread that will die in minutes
You must be new here
>>
>>3660535
it will never die
>>
I like score threads on golden age arcade games the best, there's a little too much overhead in picking up some complicated game idgaf about.
>>
>>3660430
/vr/ already has a steam group
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.