[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best controller for PSX?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: dualshock.jpg (10KB, 300x235px) Image search: [Google]
dualshock.jpg
10KB, 300x235px
Which has the best D-pad:
Original, Dualshock, or PS2?

Which has the best analog sticks:
Dualshock or PS2?

They all look the same but what are the subtle differences between them?
>>
PS2 was pressure sensitive wasn't it? Alas not retro.
>>
>>3655558
Only X and Square were pressure sensitive buttons, and the controllers were programmed so that they work digitally when that feature is unused.
>>
I don't think there's a huge amount of difference between the PS1 controllers' d-pads. The only real use for a PS1 controller with no analogs is for simulating 1996 with greater accuracy. They seem to be pretty cheap though, only about $5 where I live, so it might be worth getting both.

Also, be aware there's two versions of the analog controller: original analog and dualshock. Only real difference is the dualshock has a rumble feature.

I hear people talk about how the PS2 controllers' analogs sucked but I've never had issues with them. They feel pretty much the same to me.
>>
Dual Analog Controller.
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (267KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
267KB, 1600x1200px
>>3655510
The best all-around pad would be Hori's dualshock controller. Be aware, it's quite rare nowadays, thus also expensive.
>>
>>3655637
That d-pad looks awful.
>>
>>3655937
It works better than it looks, either way PS1/PS2 had atrocious dpads.
>>
>>3655571
Triangle is sensitive too, seen it in the PS2 ace combat games.
>>
>>3655942
Yeah this
All the buttons are pressure sensitive
>>
>>3655637
So it's basically a trasparent ps2 controller?
>>
>>3655980
No it has a superior dpad, more accurate analogue sticks, and a greater build quality.
They're expensive unless you live/know someone from Japan. I managed to get mine in a discount from a local store which used to sell import stuff.
>>
>>3655571
>>3655942
>>3655948
All of the buttons were pressure sensitive.
Every single one. (apart from start & select of course...) Yes, even the D-pad.
>>
>>3656009
Can confirm
In metal gear solid 2 you can d pad soft to walk and hard to run
>>
the one that came bundled with the psone
>>
File: $_1.jpg (14KB, 400x326px) Image search: [Google]
$_1.jpg
14KB, 400x326px
If you are playing games that don't require the analog sticks, this controller is really comfy and has a great d-pad.
>>
What's the best way to fix a scratched disc so that it works properly again?

I've heard that a game store may be able to fix these but do they charge? I have about 6 discs that need to be cleaned.
>>
>>3656114
Do NOT use toothpaste as is commonly reccomended on the internet. It is very harsh and will scratch it worse.

Use Glad furniture polish. Shake the can and spray it onto some folded toilet paper.
Gently wipe from the inside to the outside of the disc for a few minutes. Then wipe the residue off the disc with a cloth.

I fixed my Spyro game with this method.
>>
>>3656114
Bake it in your oven. It makes the scratches melt away and the CD works again.
>>
>>3655997
Did any other game even use these besides MGS2/3?
>>
>>3656245
The Bouncer used it.

Many racing games used a face button as the accelerator. You could drive slower by not pressing the button so hard.
>>
>>3656114
If you live near a game store or used CD/Vinyl shop they should have a resurfacing service. My local game shop charges $2 per disc, but he usually comps me if the resurfacing doesn't fix the issue.
>>
>>3656245
You need them for the Jetpack parts in MDK2.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.