[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ALL STARS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: cover_large.jpg (148KB, 595x418px) Image search: [Google]
cover_large.jpg
148KB, 595x418px
CHILDHOOD HERE I COME\
WAHOO
>>
Mario 1 was so shitty in all stars
>>
SMA series and SMB Deluxe are better.

>>3655275
Not really. It's just the physics that are strange, thanks to Nintendo's mistakes, and you can fix it with a patch.
>>
>>3655275
>>3655849
I played the shit out of All-Stars as a kid, probably more than the original Mario, since I didn't own an NES. How exactly did they fuck it up?
>>
>>3655195
If you're using the one without mario world, you're playing the incomplete mario all stars.
>>
>>3656090
Mario gets upward momentum when he breaks bricks instead of bouncing downward but its not enough upward momentum to clear any blocks next to the one you destroyed. It sounds small but it's annoying enough that I never play this version over the original.
>>
>>3656227
That sounds small beans, but I suppose that's enough to understandably bug someone.
>>
>>3655275
All the games in allstars are shitty.

Shit graphics.
Shit controls.
Piss easy difficulty reduction.

The only way it can get worse from there are the butchered Advance ports for GBA complete with stock voice acting leftovers from the N64 era.

>LACKY!
>HOOHOO! JUST WHAT I NEEDED!
>THIS IS AS FAR AS YOU GO!
>>
>>3658040
>difficulty reduction

Curious - what would it be? I haven't noticed any difference in 3 yet, besides saving.
>>
File: 1163966627557.jpg (244KB, 512x480px) Image search: [Google]
1163966627557.jpg
244KB, 512x480px
>>
>>3658040
>Shit graphics.
>Shit controls.
>Piss easy difficulty reduction.
Seems like you haven't played them and are just parroting memes.

Mario 2 and 3 have the same controls as the NES version, play them back to back and you'll see. Nothing has been removed or made easier.

>butchered Advance ports
The only objectively correct thing you said, but that was neo-Nintendo.
>>
>>3655275

not "shitty" , just different. I prefer the originals controls but I still play through the All-Stars version every once in awhile
>>
only play it for lost levels, fuck the rest of this trash
>>
>>3656091
thats the one I had,cover looked better
>>
>>3655275
I enjoyed it, but then again the first time i played NES mario was virtual console on wii
>>
>Play SMB1 on the NES when I'm 4 years old at someone else's house.
>The look of the game is part of what got me interested, and interested in video games in general.
>Get SNES + Mario All Star for myself when I'm 5 years old.
>Hate the way SMB1 looks and sounds

Does that make me one of those pixel hipsters 4chan always whines about?
>>
>>3658040
This post screams nostalgia blindness, way beyond /vr/ standards.
>>
>>3656091
Other than the Mario/Luigi graphical difference in SMW, are there any other changes between it and the original Super Mario All Stars?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.