[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it just a meme?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

Is it just a meme?
>>
File: megaman-z.png (64KB, 465x262px) Image search: [Google]
megaman-z.png
64KB, 465x262px
What the hell is this
>>
I don't know what that is, but I can assure you it's complete shit.
>>
>>3654914
Part time hipster, part time digital artist seeks to make some money from his "app" (read: half-assed useless program with one function and 200mb of GUI assets).

I thought app meme was as dead as Steve Jobs
>>
File: launchbox.png (2MB, 1698x957px) Image search: [Google]
launchbox.png
2MB, 1698x957px
>>3654914
i use it, but an earlier version due to dropped win xp support. from what ive seen though the creator got real jewy and it might not be worth using anymore.

really its just a frontend that you need to put work into, but you can use it for whatever. like if a game needs a cd mounted and something like xpadder/joy2key, you can make a batch file that does all of that and make the boxart point to it. it works well with comics too. like a comic cover pointing to a cbr file.
>>
>>3655191
I haven't updated my version in over a year but yeah, I use it to mount and launch Saturn games.
>>
>>3654924
>>3654926
Download button says Launchbox on it. I'll never understand where this "tell me about this thing I've gone out of my way to completely obscure" meme comes from but it's really gay.
>>
File: saturn.png (2MB, 1698x962px) Image search: [Google]
saturn.png
2MB, 1698x962px
>>3655197
yeah thats the main reason i have it
like i would never bother to play saturn games otherwise, especially considering they need different emulator versions
>>
>>3654914
If you want or need a front end for emulation it's pretty darn good. It allows for a lot of configuration to be done without out much hassle. It may no be as pretty as hyperspin, but it's a hell of a lot easier to use.

Oh, I'm not sure how the creator is being a juden seeing as how there is a fully functional free version last time I checked. The only thing you get when you pay is the big picture mode or some shit. However, I do think it's kinda funny that the guy uses his wife or gf to shill his updates on YouTube.
>>
>>3655198
What the hell are you talking about
It looks like some kind of faggot shit gui for people who don't computers
But I wasn't sure
>>
File: IMG_20151130_044149.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151130_044149.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
Just look up Ice Rom Manager. It parses box art for your ROM collection and lets you specify your preferred emulators, then it adds them as non-steam games to Steam with art for the grid layout. Simple and you dont need an entire other frontend.
>>
>>3654914
no, it's a rubic cube for retards
>>
way better.

https://emulationrealm.net/downloads/file/393-emucontrolcenter
>>
>>3658063
True, but I never have to worry about the girls I bring home from the club being turned off by a geeky collection of plastic and card board boxes.

Plus all that game shit doesn't fit with the minimalist midcentury aesthetic of my home.
>>
What about open emu? It looks prettty.
>>
>>3660304
Back when I had a Mac I used Openemu and I loved it, it worked really well for me.
>>
>>3660304
>>3661538
I've been using OpenEmu for a very long time until I learned there was RetroArch for Mac already. I was super happy that I could switch. Really, OpenEmu is fine for the most part. It has pretty UI and all. But RetroArch is by far more refined and far ahead in some areas.

Take the cores, and especially arcades and Neo Geo emulation. First, stable OpenEmu doesn't even support it. The experimental build does, but it uses vastly outdated MAME 0.149. You need a specific romset, or otherwise no game will work. Second, it had very annoying input lag until the last update, which made fighters barely enjoyable. It got better after it, but marginally. Third, there's no Universe BIOS, no even AES mode in it—I couldn't even use practice mode; no shortcuts for ABCD too, a total lack of options, and so on so forth.

Next, the performance. I was surprised just how fast it drained my Macbook's battery. Almost immediately when I turned on any game, I could feel the keyboard warming up under my hands. But if I turned on something more demanding, like Nintendo DS or, god forbid, filters/shaders, the fans kicked in very soon and got very loud. RetroArch has neither of these problems and has very low processor impact.

Finally, it has many small problems which just add up. I couldn't get VB Wario Land to work with Mednafen core, I've tried it countless times and still no luck. You need VERY specific PS BIOS files which ALSO have to be renamed. The screenshots all save in weird resolution, I could never get them to save in native console res. The lack of options for emulators and video is just baffling… The list goes on and on.

So while I do miss mouse GUI, RetroArch on OS X was a godsend for me, especially for Neo Geo and DS. OpenEmu's Neo Geo was so bad I opted to use FBA through Wine or boot into Windows to open it natively. I wouldn't be so angry if there were alternatives, but I checked and there weren't any for OS X until RetroArch came out.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.