[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Old Tomb Raider Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

File: Tihocan_Centaur.jpg (423KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Tihocan_Centaur.jpg
423KB, 1024x768px
Old Tomb Raider thread
Discuss the best levels
Discuss how bad the new games are
Anything Tomb Raider related
>>
are the pc versions good
>>
File: Huh.jpg (225KB, 500x417px) Image search: [Google]
Huh.jpg
225KB, 500x417px
Is the bottom left image even from the game?
>>
>>3654716
They're pretty good, you get used to the controls after a while
>>
File: TR.jpg (208KB, 810x874px) Image search: [Google]
TR.jpg
208KB, 810x874px
>>3654717
>Is the bottom left image even from the game?
It's from a beta version where IIRC Lara fights Larson in the second level, city of vilcabamba.
>>
Tomb Raider Chronicles wasn't that bad
>>
>>3654823
Not at all really. IMO it has some of the best visuals and levels of the original games. Honestly, much superior to 3.
>>
>>3654835
Angel of darkness wasnt that bad
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (18KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
18KB, 1280x720px
>>3654850
>>
What is the best way to play the original trilogy, with a controller 360 controller, on PC?

Emulated (could not emulate TR1 for some reason though) or PC version with some shitty software like JoyToKey?
>>
>>3654891
I use motion pad and a ps3 control and I really enjoyed playing thru the expansion packs, I never knew they existed when i was younger
>>
>>3654891
>PC version with some shitty software like JoyToKey?
Do you realize DOSBox has a built in remap feature which lets you map keyboard keys to the controller?
>>
>>3654823
it was pretty underwhelming compared to the previous four games
>>
>>3655824
Compared to 1,2 and 4 yes, 3, no. Chronicles was the last game the Core A-Team worked on while the new B-Team was rushing to make AoD and getting shit pilled on them by the higher ups, the feature creep in that game really shows.

I still don't think AoD was going to work outside of having an interesting story. I totally get why it flopped and for good reason, but unlike a lot of fans that have rediscovered their love for AoD I just flat-out don't see the good game, let alone TR game, in there.
>>
>>3654716
They are, taken you're also utilizing the latest patches and mods.
>>
>>3655687
I have a faint memory about this, something did not convince me or went wrong, but can't recall what.

I'm going to look it up again.
>>
>>3655838
chronicles is worse than 3, though
3 has its problems (needing to do nevada after india because you lose your equipment), but more effort went into designing the levels and puzzles
chronicles is too short, too easy and feels like a pale imitation of the previous games
but it's better than the games that came after it, I guess
>>
>>3656208
Oh, so I will loose all my equipment because I went to south pacific first?
>>
>>3656215
You lose all your equipment in nevada, so you want to go there while you don't have that much equipment to lose
>>
Which is best
last revelation
or Chronicles
Not even asking AoD because it's AoD
>>
>>3656270
I like 2 the best.
>>
>>3656270
2 and last revelation are best, but I think 2 is better because of the variety of locations
1 and 3 are okay
avoid the rest
>>
>go to temple of isis
>realize this game will never be remade because of isis
both a good and bad thing I feel, though it's still sad
>>
>>3656290
I'm a manager at a medium-sized firm in Scotland. Earlier this year I pulled someone into my office and told him that harassing people for naming their daughter after -AN EGYPTIAN GODDESS- was not acceptable and a form of harassment. And yes, I did put large amounts of emphasis on -AN EGYPTIAN GODDESS-.

He was already up the creek for running his mouth and causing dire offense, and he was dismissed following a suspension. Rest well knowing that there are people in this world that don't care what some niggers with guns call themselves.
>>
File: 06.jpg (55KB, 316x800px) Image search: [Google]
06.jpg
55KB, 316x800px
>>3654823
Replace Young Lara in the Ireland levels and make them longer, also cut out the Von Croy building and it's pretty good.

Also put this out in TR threads, people should check out the level editor and it's user made levels if you're looking for more. There's some amazing stuff out there.
>>
File: trcomic44.jpg (78KB, 468x720px) Image search: [Google]
trcomic44.jpg
78KB, 468x720px
Any love for the comics? The new one seem pretty bad honestly (Lara isn't even recognizable) but the original main run was pretty good overall, with some ups and downs though.

>>3654716
Aren't they the best?

>>3654725
What's wrong with the controls? Afaik they aren't any different. Unless you mean kb+mouse in which case you should just get a pad.
>>
>>3654823
Why is Chronicles still not on US PSN?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.