[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this agressive mediocrity really worth $700 for a console,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: burningfight.jpg (176KB, 650x392px) Image search: [Google]
burningfight.jpg
176KB, 650x392px
Is this agressive mediocrity really worth $700 for a console, $200 for a controller and who the fuck knows how much for the game itself?

Or can we admit that most Neo Geo games aren't worth any amount of money?
>>
>>3652778
You picked one vastly overpriced rare game and assumed the rest is just the same.

Yep, Neo Geo carts are expensive as they are, and the market is oversaturated with fakes. I don't envy anyone who collects them. But despite this, the platform has had some excellent games which I don't think need to be listed here, as every month or so a Neo Geo thread happens on /vr/.

Just don't expect the variety of big name consoles. NG never was planned to be a console initially, and even back when it appeared in arcades people complained these was nothing on it except fighting games for most part. Of course today, if you don't like fighters, you have some sports games, some good shmups and side scrolling shooters for it, but don't expect much more than that.
>>
File: 1278538432533.png (181KB, 428x510px) Image search: [Google]
1278538432533.png
181KB, 428x510px
>mfw I learned about the US Neo Geo scene and that guy who scammed everyone by selling bootlegs
>>
>>3652804
>you have some sports games, some good shmups and side scrolling shooters for it, but don't expect much more than that
You're talking about the Neo Geo or the Genesis? Now I'm confused.
>>
>>3652813
By "sports" I really meant games like Windjammers and Neo Turf Masters. However, NG shmups are well known—Blazing Star and Twinkle Star Sprites—, and by side scrolling shooters I obviously meant Metal Slug. I don't know what confused you.
>>
>>3652831

He's shitposting about the Genesis
>>
>>3652807
>>mfw I learned about the US Neo Geo scene and that guy who scammed everyone by selling bootlegs
Linku onegai?
>>
File: 1477875386424.jpg (22KB, 288x328px) Image search: [Google]
1477875386424.jpg
22KB, 288x328px
>>3652778
Last Resort
Capcom Vs SNK 2
Fighter's History Dynamite (Karnov's revenge)
Garou, Mark of the Wolves
Metal Slug 3
Neo Turf Masters
>>
>>3652778
Also, forgot to mention. Burning Fight was among the earliest games for Neo Geo, before even Fatal Fury came out. It was somewhat innovative, but didn't really get very popular. So it's more like a piece of history for SNK—but not much more than that. It's similar to how Nintendo often puts Urban Champion into WarioWare, but it's not their best game by any means.

Why would you choose Burning Fight as some kind of poster child for Neo Geo is beyond me. Never seen anyone who really thought this game was anything special.
>>
>>3652778
>Or can we admit that most Neo Geo games aren't worth any amount of money?
>admit

Listen fucker you may think you're clever throwing that word in there cause you know... you just KNOW if someone says "no" to your stupid ass post then they're just saying they can't admit it rather than you just being plane wrong! Now shut up and drop dead!

Sage!
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.