[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hooking Up Multiple Coaxial Games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: Atari TV Switch23.jpg (68KB, 1541x984px) Image search: [Google]
Atari TV Switch23.jpg
68KB, 1541x984px
Hey /vr/ I've been trying to figure out how to hook up my multiple coaxial consoles (Atari 2600/5200 Colecovision, Intellivision, ect.) and I was curious on how to do that. I got a whole bag full of those coaxial converters, but I can't seem to find a kind of "cable hub" for it. Got any advice?
>>
>>3652425
I remember a lot of coaxial hookups had a secondary coaxial port for something else to plug in. But that's all I know about.
>>
It's not even worth playing any console before the NES.
>>
You should be fine with daisy chaining them together. I've done this as a kid and it was fine. I never turned on more than one system at a time though. It seemed like a bad idea.
>>
>>3652515
Probably wont actually do anything harmful to the consoles themselves but you might get a really bizarre effect where the picture and sound will mixed between both systems.

>>3652425
Manual RF switches like that one there are prone to degrading the signal as the actual switch wears down from use. Multiple switches only multiplies the problem.
>>
>>3652510
Fuck off.
>>
>>3652425
You only need one of those, and then only if you want to also watch TV coming in over RF on that screen as well. The "hub" you're looking for was used for CCTV and cable TV. You can try searching with those key words. You can also make one by connecting multiple tees and consoles together with cable like >>3652515 suggested. I've never had issues with turning more than one on at the same time other than interference.
>>
File: 200-310.jpg (1MB, 1581x1581px) Image search: [Google]
200-310.jpg
1MB, 1581x1581px
>>3652425
You can buy coax switch boxes, but it seems like the 3+ input are absurdly expensive when you can just buy multiple 2 ways for way less.
>>
For those old switch boxes, you'll need something like pic related.
>>
>>3652848
I had one of those and it was utter garbage
don't do it, get an actual switch instead of a ghetto slider
I personally think several 3 way switches are the best value
>>
File: rca f type.jpg (24KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
rca f type.jpg
24KB, 500x500px
>>3652425

How about using a rca female to f type male adapter and use any rca plug compatible switchbox? These early manual switches never gave a good connection. The powered rf switches that came later were a huge improvement.
>>
OP here. Thanks guys, really appreciated it, I found a few more cable boxes but I might do a combination with the switchers. That way I could screw it onto the side of the cabinet and switch it at ease instead of digging through a bunch of cords.
>>
>>3652851
Get out of here stalker.
>>
>>3652971
This. Stupid cheap, and infinitely better signal. The old rf switches were more finicky than trying to pick up distant over-the-air tv signals.
>>
>>3652971
I see these things posted multiple times but I have no idea how they work.

rf -> adapter -> cable -> ?

Does it go straight into the composite port? That shouldn't work. Even then how would you get audio?
Or do you need a second adapter that you connect to the TV's coaxial port? But I thought people buy these to connect to TVs without coaxial ports.
>>
You screw it in to the coaxial port of your tv and plug a rca cable into it and the port of your console where the RF adapter would go.
>>
>>3654594
Whut?
>>
>>3654657
It's just an adapter for two types of plugs that both use two wire coax cable. Older consoles and some early home computers outputted their RF through RCA jacks, typically on VHF channel 2 or 3. Most of these used unpowered manual switches like seen in op's picture. >>3652425
They were also made to hook up to the screw terminals used by 300 ohm cable common to antenna wires of the era. Hooking these old switches to a f-type connector used for 75 Ohm coax also requires an adapter like picture here :>>3652851 Later systems used powered RF switches, outputted their RF on VHF channel 3 or 4, and connected directly to F-type connectors.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.