[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Using a New 3Ds as an emulation machine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Nintendo_New3DS_Open_.jpg (61KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Nintendo_New3DS_Open_.jpg
61KB, 1000x1000px
Yo, guys.

I'm considering the idea of purchasing a New 3Ds (small) to run emulators on it but I'm a complete newbie about the Ds homebrew world and such.

Could you please help me out with this?

I'm not asking for 3Ds games, I'm just asking about what systems can be emulated here and how accurate they are.

Thanks.
>>
>>3652242
We already have a thread for this, you mong.

Use the catalog.
>>
>>3652331
That's the first thing I did but I found none.
>>
>>3652242
NES, Gameboy: Really good. No surprise.

Genesis: Also really good. Some games have noticeable issues but popular ones don't.

SNES: Good-ish. There are like, 5 different snes cores and I'm not sure which one is best. Typical games run fullspeed but games with chips either run slow or not at all. You can also find SNES VC injections for games without chips (n3ds only.)

GBA: Use ambassidor injections. Runs perfect, like a GBA flashcart. One of the retroarch cores runs fullspeed but has an intrusive line on the top of the screen for every game.

PS1: Slow. Don't bother.

N64: Doesn't exist.
>>
>>3652443
Oh, I see.

Well, I'm interested on emulating GBA and older machines only, I already have a (very beat up) PSP for my Playstation fix.

Can I play MAME games with this console?

(Also, is there any hardware difference between the small and XL New 3DS consoles?)
>>
>>3652459
>>3652443
Also thanks for the reply.
>>
>>3652459
>Can I play MAME games with this console?
It depends. I've played The Simpsons Arcade Game fullspeed but Phelios and Dragon Spirit ran slow. I haven't tried any of the other arcade emulators.

>(Also, is there any hardware difference between the small and XL New 3DS consoles?)
Nope. Just the size.
>>
>>3652475
Ah.

I said that because my 3DS XL could run NES, Genesis and Turbograph roms but the screen looked squished because of resolution issues.
>>
id like to know how to play retro fighting games online now that my RL friends stopped playing and literally no one plays fighting games in my area.

also why isnt there a /emugen/ thread permanently on this board ? is it because of purists ?
>>
>>3652417
You're probably too retarded to use homebrew on a new 3DS. Stick to your moms iphone.
>>
>>3652841
I'm so sorry you are having such a bad day that you needed to lash out against someone on the internet to feel less bad about yourself.

I hope tomorrow brings a better day to you.
>>
>>3653119
I'm sorry you're too retarded to check the catalog and too retarded to tell when someone is telling you to fuck off back to /v/ because you're too retarded to check the catalog
>>
>>3652539
Fightcade
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.