[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Father vs. Son

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 10

File: konami_treasure.jpg (87KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
konami_treasure.jpg
87KB, 600x300px
Who wins?
>>
Konami. Super Probotector, or whatever it was called in non-PAL land, was never really beaten by anything Treasure did.
>>
Konami died
>>
Run 'n guns: Konami
shmups: Konami
beat 'em ups: Konami
platformers: Konami

gee i wonder
>>
>>3651484
it's a matter of opinions, but personally I believe Alien Soldier destroys any Contra, any day. Once you overcome the learning curve (and it is steep) it becomes clear as day
>>
>>3651489
>Run 'n guns: Konami
Maybe, if only because of Sunset Riders and Mystic Warriors.
>shmups: Konami
Treasure developed the best Konami shmup, and RSG/Iky have more depth than any Konami shooter.
>beat 'em ups: Konami
Konami's belt scrollers are pretty style over substance, while Guardian Heroes has a plethora of characters with their own unique fighting styles, branching paths with multiple endings, and a baller as fuck versus mode, also one of the jazziest classiest OSTs ever.
>platformers: Konami
There is a Konami platformer better than Mischief Makers? Doubtful.
>>
File: con am I.jpg (403KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
con am I.jpg
403KB, 1280x720px
so how do you pronounce Konami?
>>
>>3651686
Cone army
>>
>>3651490
Alien Soldier is a boss rush, not a run & gun game
>>
>>3651483

Konami. Fuck Treasure.
>>
>>3651504
There is a Konami platformer better than Mischief Makers?

Pic related
>>
>>3651504
Nice shitpost treasuredron
>>
>>3651707
Agree.
>>
>>3651483
Konami hands down. Treasure is overrated schlock praised by hipsters. With that said though I envy Treasure's fate more than Konami's. Best to flicker and fade away like a candle in the dark than become a hollow shell of your former self.
>>
>>3651716
I would agree, but legit the last time I tried to play Rocket Knight I had a seizure.
>>
>>3651757
>legit the last time I tried to play Rocket Knight I had a seizure.

Go on.... Which part? It's been awhile since last time I played but I don't remember it particularly "flashy".
>>
Kill yourself treasurefags. Every day you need to shit this place up with this garbage.
>>
>>3651702
>you run
>you shoot
>>
>>3651817
No you
>>
>>3651504
Also most of their staff is now at Good Feel, so if you want to see why that have been doing as of late go check out their work.
>>
>>3651819
>you run
Hardly, mostly you wait around and dash
>>
>>3651504
t. Treasurefag
>>
File: DQBag_o_laughs.jpg (9KB, 220x206px) Image search: [Google]
DQBag_o_laughs.jpg
9KB, 220x206px
I prefer [spoilber]both, unlike the rest of you, shitty shitposters with no real taste in video games.[/spoiler]
>>
>>3651490

There really is no steep learning curve for Alien Soldier. Just keep spamming teleport and shoot in between. The last boss was disappointing as fuck too. Seven force didn't even have seven forms iirc. Still an 8/10 game.
>>
>>3651504
>Maybe, if only because of Sunset Riders and Mystic Warriors.
Contra series alone shit on any Treasure garbage.
>muh RSG/Ikashit
Take out your shitty puzzle games out of here, we are talking about shmups, also Gradius V isn't a Gradius game.

>Guardian Heroes
Literally made for console-plebs, way too much cutscenes, lackluster RPG mechanics and broken combat, the later Konami brawlers are better.

>Mischief Makers
That shit isn't even close to most Castlevanias

nice try treasuredrone
>>
>>3652068

Not the anon you replied to, but

>isn't even close to most Castlevanias

That's because it's radically different, don't you think?
It's hard to compare any game that's similar to MM. Is there any other game that focuses on jet-boost in all directions and emphasis on grabbing/throwing as a main mechanic? (not just grab and throw like in Mario games, in MM you can actually use throwing enemies as a way to change your mid-air directions, in high-level play, perfecting the grab n' throw is vital).

it's hard to compare Mischief Makers to any other game, really.

Not saying it's necessarily better, but it's unique.
>>
>>3652079
it's just a shitty gimmick desu, otherwise it feels just like any other action platformer
>>
>>3652083

But if it was a gimmick, it wouldn't be vital to speedrun. It's an actual mechanic, anon.
I know treasure haters like to say all Treasure games are gimmicky, but in this case you're wrong.

No, it doesn't feel like any other action platformer.
>>
>>3652085
>memerunning
who cares about stupid shit like that
Also Konami already had jetpack platformers, which were better too
>>
>>3652102

Yeah but you're evading my argument: it's not a gimmick, it's an actual mechanic.

The only gimmick I can think of in MM is the shake shake, but it's actually a useful gimmick in some cases (like when you grab a missile, you can make it bigger by shaking it, but you gotta be careful with the timing).
But grabbing/throwing isn't a gimmick, it's an actual mechanic.

I don't mind if you personally hate Treasure, go on. But I'll correct you if you're wrong like in this case.
>>
I find it hard to believe there are people who like one and hate the other.

Contrarians are trying too hard these days.
>>
>>3651809
I think that it was probably the waterfall in the first level, but I don't remember especially well.
Epilepsy runs in my family, but I've only had like two seizures in my life.
>>
>>3651825
Wasn't that just the Goemon Team? Or did they work on more Konami games than just the Goemon franchise?
>>
>>3651504
Sunset Riders is good but Mystic Warriors is badly balanced garbage.
>>
The only thing really gimmicky in Troublemakers was the pot alchemy, they introduced it in one stage but never did anything with the concept thereafter.
>>
Konami obviously. Treasurecucks are getting really annoying.
>>
>>3652308
git gut faggot
last elevator needs some memorization tho
>>
This is like asking which is better, Irem or Nazca?
>>
>>3652394
>Git gud at a bad game

Nah, I'd rather git gud at good games.
>>
>>3652079
>Is there any other game that focuses on jet-boost in all directions and emphasis on grabbing/throwing as a main mechanic?
Sounds much like Goof Troop
>>
>>3652406
Irem obviously, what did Nazca do besides Metal Slug?
>>
File: smugoldman.jpg (134KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
smugoldman.jpg
134KB, 400x400px
What is Konami's answer to...

>Bangai-O (free-roaming shmup)
>Sin & Punishment (3D rail shooter)
>Light Crusader (isometric action-RPG)
>Yu Yu Hakusho (4-person fighter)
>>
>>3652416
You only say it's bad because you suck at it, go play easy modo Sunset Riders baby
>>
File: marina.gif (924KB, 497x331px) Image search: [Google]
marina.gif
924KB, 497x331px
>>3651716
>furshit
yeah, nah
>>
>>3652467

That isn't even a side-scroller. Are you OK anon?
>>
File: gunstar-artwork.jpg (54KB, 630x435px) Image search: [Google]
gunstar-artwork.jpg
54KB, 630x435px
>>3652068
>Contra series alone shit on any Treasure garbage.
I'll give you Hardcorps, but the other entries are too flawed, worse than Gunstar.

>Take out your shitty puzzle games out of here
Nice meme.

>also Gradius V isn't a Gradius game.
Why not?

>way too much cutscenes
You can make text skip so fast that it doesn't matter. Trivial complaint.

>lackluster RPG mechanics
They add variety to different playthroughs, what's exactly wrong with that?

>broken combat
Only a few of the classes, and you don't have to exploit their broken-ness.

>the later Konami brawlers are better.
Not really. Violent Storm is alright, but the others are dull and same-y.

>That shit isn't even close to most Castlevanias
Castlevania games have boring as fuck level design compared to Mischief.

The only exception is IV, and guess what, Treasure members did that one.

>treasuredrones
>treasurefags
>treasurecucks
So the anti-Treasure shitposters are just butthurt Konami fanboys. Hmm.
>>
>>3652817
>So the anti-Treasure shitposters are just butthurt Konami fanboys. Hmm.

Not at all, the anti-Treasure shitposter makes falseflag bait posts like the one you replied to.

I love Treasure, and Castlevania IV is my favorite entry in the series (and yes, I played the ones considered hardest like III and x68K, I liked them, but I like IV more). But saying the rest of the CV games have boring level design is wrong. Castlevania 1 especially is tight as fuck, it's the level design more than anything else what works with that game, because bosses aren't that good, and controls are correct for the most part, but very limited compared to every other entry that came afterwards.
>>
File: 300px-MM_Lv4-8_jump.jpg (17KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
300px-MM_Lv4-8_jump.jpg
17KB, 300x200px
>>3652829
I'll say for the first game in a franchise, CV1 holds up fairly well. Castlevania in general doesn't have much going for it like MM does though, with its creative stages.
>>
>>3652890

It's still silly to compare both though:
>>3652079

See I'm defending MM there, but CV games are still awesome and on their own league.
>>
>>3652817
Hard Corps isn't even best Contra and it's still better than Gunstar Heroes. Health meter was a dumb decision and the gimmicky stages like the shmup level or the Dice palace were pretty awful, if anything the game reminds me of some euroshit instead of classics like Contra. Nami and Yaida fucked up after how great Contra 3 was,

>Nice meme
Nice rebuttal treasurecuck

>Not really. Violent Storm is alright, but the others are dull and same-y.
Vendetta and M. Force are good too, they aren't broken garbage like Guardian Heroes and didn't fall for the RPG mechanics meme.

>Castlevania games have boring as fuck level design compared to Mischief.
>the exception is IV
Holy shit treasurefaggots are really this delusional.
>>
>>3653056
>Hard Corps isn't even best Contra
Yeah it is, in my opinion anyways.

>Health meter was a dumb decision and the gimmicky stages like the shmup level or the Dice palace were pretty awful,
Shmup level was fine, DP's only issue was the "start over" squares, and you're just nitpicking with the healthbar.

>if anything the game reminds me of some euroshit instead of classics like Contra.
Exaggeration much? And I'd hardly call Contra a classic, it was a pretty subpar series aside from 3, HC, and SS.

>Nice rebuttal treasurecuck
Memes don't deserve anything better.

>Vendetta and M. Force are good too, they aren't broken garbage like Guardian Heroes and didn't fall for the RPG mechanics meme.
>customization is a meme
>a game having a couple exploits means it's garbage
Jesus, lay off the autism, you're gonna give yourself a stroke.

>Holy shit treasurefaggots are really this delusional.
Yeah well, I could say the same about you and your bitchposts.

People are going to like Treasure regardless of you, and all you sperging out over it will do is bring the quality of /vr/ down. Shut up and deal with it.
>>
>>3653132
>shmup level was fine
No it was mediocre.

>DP's only issue was the "start over" squares
No all the mini-games on it were mediocre and out of place.

>and you're just nitpicking with the healthbar.
How am I nickpicking you stupid fuck, it completely changes the game for the worst. The whole point of the genre is to dodge bullets always in danger because of 1 hit deaths. Gunstar Heroes completely trivializes that.

>And I'd hardly call Contra a classic
That's because you are a tryhard fedora who praise meme companies, no big surprise here.

>customization is a meme
Customization is only ok when it doesn't break the game you stupid piece of shit, that's the reason beat 'em ups with RPG elements tend to be unbalanced garbage compared to the regular beat 'em ups that are much better balanced.

>People are going to like Treasure regardless of you
You can like Treasure all you want, it will not change that it's the inferior company of the two, especially not from a shit-tasted sperg like you.
>>
>>3651484
They were literally the same devs...
>>
>>3651483
Konami if you prefer quantity over quality.

Treasure if you prefer quality over quantity.
>>
>>3652587
Unlike you, I don't live in my mom's basement and have all day to practice video games.
>>
>>3651483
I've never heard of Treasure, so Konami
>>
>>3651483
Konami.

Treasure are a bunch of hacks. Yeah they make good boss fights but many other devs also made good boss fights AND ACTUAL FUCKING LEVELS TO PLAY BEFORE THEM! You can't get praise for doing ONE FUCKING THING MANY OTHERS HAVE DONE AS WELL THAT'S JUST LAZY
>>
>>3654520
Only Silvergun and Alien Soldier are guilty of the boss rush syndrome. The rest of their games have actual level designs.
>>
>>3654402
excuses, next time don't shit at good games just because you are a retarded baby
>>
>>3654530
>The rest of their games have actual level designs.
Yeah and they aren't very good.
>>
File: AstroboyOmegaFactor.gif (326KB, 500x544px) Image search: [Google]
AstroboyOmegaFactor.gif
326KB, 500x544px
>>3656837

Nice opinion.
>>
>>3656837
Muck, you.
>>
>>3651483
Father always wins
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.