[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fix this game in 10 words or less, /vr/.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 9

File: Dkc3_snes_boxart.jpg (299KB, 500x345px) Image search: [Google]
Dkc3_snes_boxart.jpg
299KB, 500x345px
Fix this game in 10 words or less, /vr/.
>>
>>3650228
Place in waste receptacle.
>>
Overclock
Traditional spritework
Apply also to previous games
>>
>>3650228
Replace Kiddy with DK.
>>
Cant fix what isnt broken
Always loved this whole trilogy
>>
>>3650249

this
>>
File: ii5654t.jpg (154KB, 629x439px) Image search: [Google]
ii5654t.jpg
154KB, 629x439px
>>3650249
This
>>
Release before N64.
>>
>>3650249

This. In fact, why the fuck isn't this a romhack yet?
>>
get rid of furry shit
tell david to "try again"
>>
File: kJgd34U.jpg (77KB, 625x455px) Image search: [Google]
kJgd34U.jpg
77KB, 625x455px
>>3650228
like this
>>
>>3650248
>Overclock
For what purpose?

>>3650362
Too hard with that many animation frames and DK doesn't have some necessary sprites like hanging from horizontal ropes, being carried by Squawks, etc.

>>3650378
>DKC3
>David
>>
One of the things that surprised me is that I think DKC3 has harder levels than DKC2. I think the game is great, it just doesn't flow as well as DKC2, and the difficulty isn't the "Oh I can do better" kind, it's the "This is getting fucking aggravating" kind. Still miles ahead of DKC1 in terms of gameplay though.
>>
>>3650378
He did try again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMBYnnpEU08

As you can hear, it's noticeably worse than the original soundtrack.
>>
>>3650453
That's only a single track. The GBA soundtrack still sounded better overall.
>>
>>3650228
Ahh..

OK, get rid of the baby monkey. I don't know what you're going to replace him with but his character design sucked.

Redo all the character designs, they were really lame.

Get rid of all the burping sound effects.

Make the levels actually fun to play.

Less collect-a-thons.

Make the music actually enjoyable.
>>
>>3650228

add skateboards
>>
>>3650750
what part of 10 words didn't you understand retard
>>
>>3650249
/thread
>>
The only thing I'd change is the shitty bosses. Larger versions of regular enemies made for much more memorable bosses.
>>
>>3650750
The problem here is that two of your "fixes" are basically just you saying "make the game better"
>>
>>3650789
Ok, ten words.

"Make the team behind DKC & DKC2 work on it."
>>
File: dawg.jpg (13KB, 264x320px) Image search: [Google]
dawg.jpg
13KB, 264x320px
make it online
>>
File: KiddyEllie.jpg (50KB, 600x584px) Image search: [Google]
KiddyEllie.jpg
50KB, 600x584px
Delete pic related from the game.
>>
File: JUST.png (323KB, 600x584px) Image search: [Google]
JUST.png
323KB, 600x584px
>>3651092
>>
>>3650228
Get better controls, collision detection, sprite sizes, and level design.
>>
>>3650774
Holy shit, this.
>>
>>3650228

the boat crashes after first level and they die horribly
>>
>>3650378
>>3650402

Actually, David Wise made a few songs for DKC3 (The one that plays during the main menu, the title theme and the first level theme AKA Stilt Village) but most of the songs were by Evelyn Fischer (or Novakovic). You can hear it sounds quite differently compared to DKC2 where David made all the songs. It sounds more melancholic or jazzy while David's music is more synth pop and "jungle like". At least, that's for the SNES version cause David Wise actually re-arranged everything for the GBA because of time constraints (and something about the GBA speakers who can't handle low notes if I remember correctly). One of the worst examples:
>>3650453

Fortunately, they aren't all bad (some are arguably more interesting than the SNES original OST like the theme for Stilt Village) but I honestly prefer the original OST because it fits better with the atmosphere of DKC3.

On topic: I'd make the Bird Cave segments and banana bird collecting less tedious by not making it depend on collecting the different coins. If feels like Rare threw it in as a last instance idea they had to fit in cause they had to release their last main SNES game in time before the release of the N64. Also, the extra ending felt disappointing compared to DKC2.

Not saying that DKC3 was a disappointing game (far from it, it's actually my favorite from the trilogy - INB4 "Hipster!") but it would have been so much better if they had fixed those nitpicks before release.

By the way, it's been 20 years since DKC3 got released for the SNES. Happy 20th anniversary, DKC3!
>>
>>3651883

DKC3's music feels very childish to me. Almost kiddy
>>
>>3650249
yep.
>>
>>3650228
don't make the worst world the first one you play
>>
>>3650453
jokes on you homo, low-quality GBA sounds aside I like it.
>>
File: DK.gif (307KB, 220x236px) Image search: [Google]
DK.gif
307KB, 220x236px
>>3650228
Replace Kiddy and Ellie with DK and Rambi; improve difficulty.

There, that basically covers 90% of the complaints I hear about the game. Kiddy wasn't DK and so everyone hated him, and Ellie was underused mechanically and replaced Rambi so everyone hated her. I don't mind Ellie so much since she's used for something interesting a few times (world 3 boss, that world 1 level with the rats and the post-game rat dash level,) but the problem lies in the key word "few". Kiddy could have been DK and I wouldn't have had an issue with it, just make the plot about rescuing Diddy this time and have DK and Dixie save the day and you'll have the main trio of Kongs having two games each.

The game's difficulty was noticeable around world 4 as a kid, but replaying as an adult the difficulty doesn't really start to increase until the very end of world 5/start of world 6, and having an improved climb in difficulty would satisfy the people that complain about "babby's first DKC" and the easy difficulty for most of the game. You could also include finding the bonus barrels and other 105% collectables as part of the "difficulty", and so making them more of a challenge to find or complete might also help (cause they were noticeably easier compared to DKC1/2).

Overall I liked DKC3 a lot, and when replaying the trilogy a year ago DKC3 was probably the easiest but also the most fun to play; fun in that relaxing and comfortable way, up until the end where it proved an actual challenge and was fun in the challenging way instead. DKC1 will always have that classic, more atmospheric touch to it as well as nostalgia bias, and it's still a good game that holds up fairly well, but a few aspects are kinda dated such as the bosses and the "jump in this bottomless pit" tier secrets, and it's mechanically the weakest of the series due to being the first and earliest in the SNES' lifespan. DKC2 I'm sure most would agree is the best overall, between characters, levels, music, challenge, etc.
>>
Donkey dong in the dixie kong.
>>
>>3650228
Hating this game is such a meme.
Is as good as the other two games.
>>
File: 1474390799671.jpg (43KB, 737x737px) Image search: [Google]
1474390799671.jpg
43KB, 737x737px
>>3652625
>DKC1
>tougher than DKC3
>>
>>3653305
DKC1 has a bit of that "arcade difficulty" with some levels where it's that almost dated kind of difficulty that's just hard to be hard (levels like Snow Barrel Blast come to mind,) and some of the secrets are a pain in the ass because you just have to look them up (read: buy a Nintendo Power guide back in the day). But overall most levels aren't that bad in these regards, which is why I say "a bit of" and "some levels". It's kinda hard to explain I guess.
DKC3 was tougher as a kid, but replaying as an adult now I feel that it's the easiest of the trilogy. The difficulty curve is very lenient until nearly the end game and the game only gets really hard in the last few levels + post-game. Plus the secrets are much easier to find, even if there's a lot more to find. I think another factor is that DKC has older, less developed play mechanics and movement, whereas DKC 2/3 have things like team throwing, better mobility options with gliding, speed, and water-skipping, etc.. Opinions opinions opinions.
>>
>>3650228
This was my first videogame ever.

I finished it last night and i would make sure the player knew which in which stages he missed the DK coins.

Kiddy is garbage.
>>
>>3653415
This better be some copypasta.
Otherwise you got a serious case of the autismus.
>>
>>3654310
>copypasta
What are you talking about? He expressed himself with perfect clarity. You'd have to be a retard to think that a simple explanation was autistic.
>>
File: Using xBR Filters.jpg (193KB, 619x597px) Image search: [Google]
Using xBR Filters.jpg
193KB, 619x597px
>>3654310
>Express a valid opinion with fair reasons
>"This better be some copypasta."
Guess what? Not everyone is going to share the same opinion as you, and there will always be outliers to a majority opinion. A lot of people dislike DKC3 or say it's the worst, but I disagree and think it holds up just as well as the previous two games. It's the black sheep, but I'm such an outlier that enjoys it.
To be honest, I don't often see anyone give a fair and elaborated reasoning as to why they dislike DKC3, most of what I've seen usually sums down to a few words or a single sentence that nitpicks a few flaws and acts like they're enough to ruin the entire game, or worse their reasoning is about one single thing like Kiddy being in the game and that's it. I just feel that DKC3 catches a lot more flak than it should, even with some flaws it's a damn good game and worthy of being with the other two games, it just happens to be a black sheep.
But, you know, >Opinions
>>
>>3654771
I think you're an autist but I appreciate your opinion.
DKC3 is my personal favorite but I think DKC2 is overall the better game because it has a smoother difficulty curve, and structure, at least in my opinion.
>>
>>3655445
>I think you're an autist but I appreciate your opinion.
I mean you're not wrong, I'd agree with you, but I don't see why I'd be deemed an autist for expressing my opinions in a calm manor with valid reasons. Unless that in it of itself is the qualifying factor.
And yeah, personally I like DKC2 the most and I agree that it's probably the overall best designed of the trilogy, but DKC3 gets props for feeling a lot more fun in that relaxed way. I guess it'd be like comparing fun through challenge and fun through... comfy, I suppose, for lack of a better term. DKC3 overall is just a pretty comfy game.
>>
>>3650228
The game is fine as is. Learn to have fun.
>>3650774
radical
>>3654286
the flags bro. did you even rtfm?
http://www.dkwiki.com/Level_Flag
>>
>>3650228
1. >>3650249
2. Banana Birds should do Something, besides alternate ending.
3. Less Gimminicks. A little is fine tho.
4. NO FIRE LEVEL? WTF!? (Mekanos doesn't count, since it's already the 'Factor Level').
5. Too many useless vehicles. Gyrocopter is fucking useless gamewise. Take off Ski and Give GYRO earlier. Also, since this game loves gimminick, some level should require your own to complete.
6. NO GHOST LEVEL? WTF??
7. To Give the player freedom of movement in water is meaninless if all he gets to do is looking for fucking you laugh you lose birds. Put some secret areas with lifes or coins or clues...or anything.
8. A few more unique levels - like the rocket one, but better. All levels in dc3 come in 03. for instance, 03 warehouse levels, 03 snow levels, 03 factory level and so on...
9. No CRANKY talking about limited bits and colors? WTF? put Kiddy in the tent game and give CRANKY a cabin.
10. TOOO MANNNYYYYY BEAAAARRRRRRS
>>
fuck all y'all

>Kiddie = DK
only autists care about the different design, it's the same fucking character gameplay-wise

>music is god tier
>visuals are god tier
>gimmicks are fine they make every level unique
>excellent difficulty curve, starts out childishly easy, ends up frustratingly difficult

The only valid complain is about the banana birds, and that's not even part of the platforming gameplay so it doesn't really matter.
the bears and the trading stuff is a lot of fun and a welcome diversion from the platforming
>>
>>3655740
Never noticed that because i rarely did everything.

Sorry for my autism.
>>
>>3656383
For the longest time I didn't notice that in DKC2 the levels got an exclamation mark if you found all the bonus levels.
>>
>>3650228
get rid of the banana bird simon says minigame bullshit

other than that nothing is wrong with it, it's a fine game compared to the previous two
>>
>>3650228
I unironically think Kiddy Kong was a interesting change for characters and its kind of vapid to disown the game because "1 out of 2 characters dont meet my criteria buh huh muh dk"
>>
>>3650228
Replace Kiddy with a Kong that doesn't suck.
>>
>>3650228
replace kiddy with sonic
>>
it's not broken
>>
>>3650402
Surely those missing sprites could be drawn by a talented artist?
>>
how did amerifats deal with the banana bird sections with their purple buttons?
>>
>>3661953
You don't need the colors to solve the puzzle.
Also you the cristals have the controller letters in them.
>>
-Make Kiddy's water skipping less finicky.
-Tone down lost world a tonne.
-More gimmick levels.
-Straighter animal buddies
>>
>>3650228

Maximum Dong
>>
>>3652026
First DKC3 level sounds like your ears are getting molested by a drunken circus clown.
>>
>>3656381
>fuck all y'all
>the bears and the trading stuff is a lot of fun and a welcome diversion from the platforming

No, fuck you and your shit opinions.
>>
>>3650228
have the main team work on it instead of B-team
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.