[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, today I tried to hook up my SNES, inserted a game and the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: panasonic-quintrix-0286476998.jpg (18KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
panasonic-quintrix-0286476998.jpg
18KB, 640x360px
So, today I tried to hook up my SNES, inserted a game and the console started up but all I got was a black screen.

The console is clearly on power, as evidenced by the red light. It's a PAL one and I connected it through a generic composite video cable. The TV also reacts to it when I turn it on but all I get is this black screen.

Any idea how to fix this?
Side note: My N64 and PS1 work.
>>
>>3650213
try getting a tv that isntnt a piece of shit retard
>>
>>3650213
Try cleaning the cartridge contacts.
Make sure the cartridge is set all the way in.

Other than that, who knows.
>>
>>3650213
Clean your pins (in the cart slot)

>>3650240
Well that's pretty rude!
>>
>>3650213
Its your cartridge
>>
apply a liberal amount of isopropyl alcohol to the cartridge contacts. Insert and remove several times from the console rapidly, clean with q-tip.
>>
>>3650241
>>3650245
>>3650297
>>3650308
Thanks, I blew it like three times and it worked.
>>
If isopropyl fails, try Brasso. I had 2 stubborn carts that worked after a Brasso cleaning.
>>
>>3650339
Dont blow on it you fool, that makes it worse
>>
>>3650339
>Thanks, I replaced the dust on it with tiny bits of mucus and it worked.

Use a cleaning spirit and a cotton wool bud on it anon to fix it for good.
>>
File: (you).jpg (87KB, 600x650px) Image search: [Google]
(you).jpg
87KB, 600x650px
>>3650339

>gets out of bed (20 min)
>hooks up SNES (5 min)
>gets his game (1 min)
>puts in the console and gets black screen (3 sec)
>is CLUELESS (1 hour)
>starts up computer (4 min)
>browses quickly to /vr/ (1 min)
>writes a whole thread about it (6 min)
1 hour, 37 minutes, 3 seconds
>blow blow blow (10 sec)
>works.exe
10 seconds

How fucking dense can you be to forget to blow in a cartridge if it doesn't work? And don't tell me you didn't know, you clearly would be on the wrong board if you have NEVER head of someone cleaning a cartridge... behind what rock do you live?

It took you so much more time whining about it on /vr/ instead of using your brain (googling if brain is not activated).

Jesus Fucking Christ!
And don't give the 'how rude' bs, this is 101 /vr/ basics, next someone will ask why the powerlight doesn't go on when you don't push the button.
>>
>>3650308
>isopropyl alcohol
why, pencil eraser works fine on contacts
>>
File: 1480678238482.jpg (183KB, 600x650px) Image search: [Google]
1480678238482.jpg
183KB, 600x650px
>>3651626
Fixed.
>>
>>3651724
Because it cleans the slot too
>>
File: Image.jpg (44KB, 530x634px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
44KB, 530x634px
>>
>>3651724

Daddy wont let you use the cleaning alcohol eh anon.
>>
>>3651626
I was actually concerned because I've had bad past experiences with hooking up my previous SNES. Thing wouldn't start up, it was most likely either broken or I was even more tech-retarded than I am now. That was when I was like 15? Of course back then, I had no idea how to repair it. I think it left a really bad stigma.

The SNES I'm talking about in this thread was bought from an online shop, since I lost the old console.

I was also concerned because I hooked up my NES too and its power light kept flashing and displayed a gray screen.
Which is why I thought both consoles were broken.

/vr/ and IRC were really my only chance at this point. I asked for answers because I was despaired and when people said it may have been just the cartridge my heart skipped a beat and I was relieved when this solution worked. These same people have recommended me to replace the 72 pin connector and I've now ordered a BLW.
>>
>Buys PAL shit
>>
>>3651981
I wasn't sure if it'd work when connecting.
>>
>>3651907
>Daddy
Government
Actually buying pure ethanol in my country is royal pain.
>>
>>3651626
I mean, you ARE being rude.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.