[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I remember when this was the coolest thing id ever seen in a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 10

File: Screenshot_20161201-132625~2.png (18KB, 1080x768px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161201-132625~2.png
18KB, 1080x768px
I remember when this was the coolest thing id ever seen in a video game

Do you have any vr moments like this?
>>
>>3650206
Seeing Virtua Fighter and Mortal Kombat 2 for the first time in arcades had a lasting impression on a younger me. Booting up my Playstation and playing Tekken 2 and Tomb Raider also.
>>
The first time I did Scorpion's rope special move and it connected.
The first time I played Street Fighter EX plus Alpha on the PSX.
>>
>>3650206
The final boss of stage 1 in Contra III on SNES was one of those "coolest things I've ever seen" moments for me.
>>
My first contact with video games was the Colecovision. Playing games like Pac-Man, DK, Galaga, in all of these the background was black, so I remember when I played Smurf: Rescue in gargamel's castle it blew my mind. It had colorful and detailed (in comparison) graphics, and a full background where you could see stuff behind. You'd see the castle coming closer at the back, as you progressed through the game. It really impacted me in a visual way.
It's in no way "cool", but hey I was a literal babby so Smurf was cool enough to me. But still, even today, for 1982, this game looks really good.
Also on Coleco Vision was Cabbage Patch Kids, which was from Konami, and was similar to Smurf, had some really cool backgrounds with 3D effects that actually gives an impression of depth. For a console that was in between the 2600 and the NES, this two games were some of the best looking ones.
>>
File: Image.jpg (47KB, 958x538px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
47KB, 958x538px
>This is the Pentagon
fuck...
>*bang*
FUUUUUUUUUUUCK...
>congratulations on your promotion
fuck yeah
>>
>>3650231
Holy shit, i remember playing this at my cousins many years ago and could not get over that fence.
>>
>>3650206
I remember being wowed by the intro of Mega Man 4 and going "Wow, this is just like a cartoon".
>>
Seeing Spyro one running in a shop after only seeing Mega Drive and NES games until that made my jaw hit the floor. I'm 23 so I can't have been older than five at the time
>>
File: kane.jpg (49KB, 640x751px) Image search: [Google]
kane.jpg
49KB, 640x751px
>>3650238
Power indeed shifts quickly in the brotherhood.
>>
>>3650231

Smurfs had a huge impact in my young life as well. My uncle (who still lived at my grandmas house) had it when it was new, and going there was very exciting.
>>
>>3650206
Going to my friend's house and playing x-wing for the first time. Looked incredible and played more responsively than anything I'd played before
>>
File: Nod.jpg (215KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Nod.jpg
215KB, 1024x768px
>>3650238
>>3650302
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goQiwNZzoVA

And my favorite:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmKfbC-adSI
>>
>>3650757
>so much unharvested tib

build some tanks already nigga.
>>
Ninja Gaiden 2 was the first one I saw, and was impressed with the cut scenes back in the day.
Playing Starcraft with a boatload of carrier each with eight little fighters going at the same time wiping out a zerg base. The amount of sprites impressed me.
Goofing around with the mission editor of Freespace, making a mission with a huge number of capital warships and fighters and going into it without running into the resources limit of the game. Lots of action, almost like Jedi. 'Twas cool.
Messing around with X-Wing Alliance mission simulator, having even more ships than even Freespace on screen and watching the carnage.
>>
>>3650206
Game?
>>
Seeing corpses slowly deteriorating in AoE1 fucking blew my mind. I'm sure there were more things that blew my mind about that game, but this was one of them.
>>
Playing Super Mario 64 for the first time, after skipping the SNES generation, blew my fucking mind. I didn't even have Super Mario Bros 3 at the time because I was a poorfag. Imagine skipping from SMB and SMB2 on the NES to SM64. It was an incredible experience.
>>
>>3650794
Ninja Gaiden 1
>>
File: gta_whoopee.jpg (28KB, 400x278px) Image search: [Google]
gta_whoopee.jpg
28KB, 400x278px
The first time I played GTA III I immediately stole a fire truck and began raising hell while listening to Verdi on the in-game radio. Never been able to do anything like that before. That, and cruising around dealing drugs out of the ice cream truck in Vice City while listening to Toto are both pretty memorable.
>>
File: GhoulsNGhosts.gif (18KB, 320x224px) Image search: [Google]
GhoulsNGhosts.gif
18KB, 320x224px
Beating this game was pretty relieving. The ending was so intense.
>>
>>3650963
Nice, but not retro.
>>
File: tmp_21318-hqdefault29441368.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_21318-hqdefault29441368.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
Stole this image from Google, but winning this fight was just one of the many great moments from DWM.

The best ever feeling I had and I'll never forget was playing one night right before bed on my super game boy just fucking around with breeding combinations. Got the ??????????? to come up. Andreal + Servant. Figured it was nothing special, but had to pull the trigger and save my game and let the breed go through. I sat up in bed when I saw it say a baby Dracolord was born. I had just fought the boss monsters in some gates and had no idea you could actually get them. I was so hype.

Me and my brother then went all in on just trying random shit and he figured out Sidoh. Then I ordered an old Nintendo Power magazine that had breeding combos and waited literally weeks for it. I used to sit on my porch in the summer and play so I could see the mail arrive. Found a couple more breeding combos until that got there but holy shit I remember that waiting and how bad I wanted that magazine.

Winning the boss fights, Milayou, Monster Master Tamer.... So many memorable moments. Then DWM2.... My God please take me back /vr/.
>>
I'll never forget when EA Sports FIFA 2017 was released

Truly ahead of its time
>>
File: gfs_70519_1_2.jpg (21KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
gfs_70519_1_2.jpg
21KB, 800x600px
Dragon Spirit's opening always got me pretty hyped for the game.
>>
>got a PlayStation for Christmas
>Final Fantasy Tactics
>tutorial
>I'll never forgot seeing Fire for the first time
>>
>November of 93
>huge mortal Kombat fan
>go to the movies
>brand new Mortal Kombat II machine
>no one playing it
>drop in quarters
>right before match begins, Smoke appears and says "some call me smoke"
>everyone says I'm a liar for months after
>feel like Indiana Jones
It truly was a magical time
>>
>>3650989
GTA3 came out 15 years ago.
>>
>>3652084
Read the sticky
>>
>>3652213
Nobody gives a fuck. Go apply for janitor if you want to moderate the board.
>>
>>3652219

Follow the rules, fuckass
>>
>>3652219
Then why even try to bring up that it was out 15 years ago? Neck yourself you absolute mongoloid.
>>
File: image.gif (34KB, 224x420px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
34KB, 224x420px
As a kid, Final Fantasy Legend was my first ever RPG. Being a literal child, however, I had no idea how to leave the first world. Armor I got, Sword I got, but I could never figure out how to get Shield. I didn't understand how ling RPGs generally were, so I figured that once I found out how to get into the tower, that would be the final level and the game would be over. I just played around in the first world over and over again, sometimes retarting my file but generally just role playing in my head.

The day I finally got the shield I thought I was going to meet the final boss. When instead there was AN ENTIRE SECOND WORLD it blew my fucking mind. I had no idea I was in for two more yet, too.

The only other time I've been tha blown away by a game was learning I could go back to Kanto in Gold/Silver.
>>
>>3650206
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9dEFhMU2Go
>>
>>3650206
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/15381
>>
>>3652213
How do you consider the Dreamcast to be "retro"?
>>
>>3652945
>The Dreamcast (Japanese: ドリームキャスト Hepburn: Dorīmukyasuto?) is a home video game console released by Sega on November 27, 1998 in Japan, September 9, 1999 in North America, and October 14, 1999 in Europe.
source: Wikipedia
>>
Seeing animated Dragon Quest sprites on DW3 on the GBC.
Hadn't played the others besidesDW1+2 onGBC before that point, so I thought "holy shit, they're actually doing stuff!"
Honestly, it's pretty impressive that they stuffed so much in the GBC from the SNES.
>>
>>3652989
>It was the first in the sixth generation of video game consoles, preceding Sony's PlayStation 2, Nintendo's GameCube and Microsoft's Xbox.
Sour: Wikipedia
>>
>>3653519
Yeah, and? It's younger than the cutoff for PC games
>>
>>3650969
Arthur does seem to be doing some "relieving" in that picture all right
>>
>>3650206
shit was superb
Cut scenes in a NES game was the bees knees
>>
>>3653768
Heres the link in all its glory
https://youtu.be/_rkaiKYEkDQ
>>
>>3652084
Perfect dark is allowed on here, so is banjo tooie, both are from 2001 I think so wtf
>>
>>3654558

Read
The
Fucking

You fucking newfag retard
>>
>>3654612
Your posts are not constructive to the discussion of the board. Please keep all posts high-quality and on-topic.
>>
>>3654612
My problem is WITH the sticky.
>>
>>3654989

Well that's "What The Fuck" you retard
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.