[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which is the FPS game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

Shadow Warrior or Blood?
>>
Which is better, you mean?

Blood.
>>
>>3649752

I think OP is asking which of them is the first.... person-shooter game.

Shadow Warrior came out before Blood, OP. It was the first person-shooter game between them.
>>
>>3649738
BLOOD
>>
Hard choice. Love them both for different reasons.

Blood has some combat, enemy behaviour and weapon balancing like no others.

Shadow Warrior tends to have better level design.
>>
>>3649738
I hated key hunting in Shadow Warrior.
>>
>>3649738
>Who wants some wang
>>
Shadow Warrior
>>
>>3649738
I wonder if someone could pull off a Blood revival like they did with Shadow Warrior, as opposed to the debacle that was DNF? It is the only one of the big three Build engine games to not get a modern version.
>>
>>3649738
If by that you mean best game out of the two, then Blood by a fucking landslide. Shadow Warrior feels bland as hell in comparison, especially in the weapons department.
>>
File: Caleb-FMV.png (19KB, 150x170px) Image search: [Google]
Caleb-FMV.png
19KB, 150x170px
>>
Blood was waaaaaaaay better.
>>
Blood is too scary for me.
>>
>>3649738

Blood clearly. SW ain't bad, but Blood is just better. SW has several wonky levels, some weapons feel off, lot's of things just slightly off. Blood is near perfection of the genre 2.5D fps.
>>
>people praise hitscan enemies - the game

Take me back. I've seen enough.
>>
>>3650116

They aren't THAT hard.
>>
>>3650116
People who think "hitscan" is somehow a synonym of "bad design" should stop playing retro FPS.
>>
>>3649816
i think the opposite is true. shadow warrior has more varied an interesting weapons and cool hand to hand combat, but way too many of the levels are the generic jap temple or forest. the urban levels are amazing but too few
>>
>>3650031
the new shadow warrior was absolute garbage and missed the point of everything that made the original fun. DNF was at least somewhat amusing
>>
>>3650116
t. Doombabby
>>
>>3650103
How lol

It can be scary, but at the same time it's really funny. I love how the game rides that line like that between horror and comedy. Its one of the things I like most about it.
>>
>>3650305
Not this anon but the phantasms' shrieks are really unnerving. They're a fun enemy to fight though.
>>
shadow warrior is mediocre and forgettable, blood is great up until the last 1/4th
>>
File: 1409268452880.jpg (353KB, 1198x889px) Image search: [Google]
1409268452880.jpg
353KB, 1198x889px
>Blood will never be officially updated.
>>
>>3650690
Monolith were retarded for selling the IP. Should have taken a loan instead. Pussies. Why would they sell their own baby when they loved it so much? Any interview you read with the monolith guys they always speak so fondly about the game and they've referenced it frequently in their other ips
>>
Shadow Warrior is the best, easily. Blood is fantastic, especially the weapon selection (I still think SW beats it in that department, however) but I can't stand the mopey atmosphere and weird sort of levels that Blood has for long sittings.

>>3649816
The pitchfork doesn't truly have much use besides poking zombies and vents. I really like it when FPShooters don't fuck around with weak meelee weapons, I suppose.
>>
>>3651136
fucking this. Zilla sends his regards.

SW for sure.
>>
Blood all the way. My favorite FPS. Dayum shame it doesn't have a big modding community like Doom.
>>
>>3649738
Both are shit in their own unique way, but then again - it is the engine's fault. I'd say Blood has better taste and more competently made, but SW has better combat and levels.
>>
>>3652651
le /vr/ contrarian
>>
>>3652651
That being said - i love Blood and SW to, even if i didnt complete the later.
>>
>>3652652
Le fuck you. Not everybody who doesn't have the same childhood's sweet memories (which i do for Blood) is a contrarian.
>>
>>3652654

>I love the game, just not enough to finish playing it
>>
>>3649738
Blood. It was cool playing in the levels based on movies
>>
I don't even know why but I prefer Blood to any other retro FPS I've played, by far too
>>
>>3649768
I lold
>>
>>3653336
Yes. It is just like with the sweet cake - you may like it a lot, but finish it in one sitting may be difficult.
>>
>>3650116
>still struggling with an enemy with realistic firepower
protip: use cover

Not every enemy is going to be like doom and give you a massive warning before shooting you. Hitscanning is simply a way to implement firearms. Hitscanning isn't the problem, its your conditioning that firearms should fire slowly and give you lots of time to seek cover (or kill the attacker) before shooting. Doom was incredibly lenient with its hitscanners. Not all games are going to hold you hand like that.

Cultists are easy to deal with. Use cover, avoid being in their line of sight, pitchfork them to death at point blank range, or throw dynamite around corners. Flaregun secondary fire works great on them, as does the shotgun using double fire.

get gud scrub
>>
>>3653476
I bet you like enemies in Blood 2 and Shogo.
>get gud scrub
I see you are very good at pressing F6 and F9 :^)
t. >>3652651
>>
File: 1428659780284.png (12KB, 251x389px) Image search: [Google]
1428659780284.png
12KB, 251x389px
>>3649738
SW had some cool stuff but the weapon selection and theme of Blood made me prefer it by far.
>>
File: kebabfromblood.png (98KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
kebabfromblood.png
98KB, 800x600px
>>3653502
>I see you are very good at pressing F6 and F9 :^)

Depending on the difficulty you're using, savescumming can make the game harder.

I think that's part of why so many people (I was about to say, bad players) complain about hitscan in the games. They're playing in low difficulty, save scumming against cultists instead of learning the game, except they don't know that doing this on the lower difficulties actually make the game harder and makes it even worse for them.

>>3650172
SW is great for the sword, and don't get me wrong, all the weapons are fun to use. By Blood just has better weapon balance, Blood demands of you to pick weapons, and even firing mode, very carefully depending on what you're up against, and in which situation.
You constantly HAVE to switch weapons, and mastering their use takes a lot more time. It just has the deeper weapon system.

>>3653476
Crouching also helps against Cultists. You're given the clue, when cultists themselves crouch, they become harder to hit. Problem is, most people (I was about to say, bad players) who stumble on a crouching cultist whom they can't hit, just think the hit detection is glitchy instead of using their brain.
>>
>>3653539
I still like Blood and SW for their atmosphere, but if you want the superior gameplay with fast enemies that don't hitscan - try Eradicator.
>>
>>3653359
because its fucking awesome, the weapons feel fantastic and there's literally nothing else like it. it's a game with loads of soul, crafted with a lot of love from its nerdy developers
>>
>>3653543
>Eradicator
lol that game was so lame. I remember playing it when I was 11 and thinking it was weak af
>>
>>3653908
You need to be grown up to appreciate some things like good combat and engine with minimum amount of auto aiming. For le horror movie quotes and epic oneliners, you dont.
>>
>>3653926
Get over yourself, this is just embarrassing.
>>
>>3653961
I still don't see any argument here, friend. Or point.
>>
>>3653926
Nah, I had a pretty good nose for good shit and bad shit and was probably better than you at every game you play now even at 11 years old. Blood, Doom, Quake, SW, Duke were all good shit. Eradicator was not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pjjf6ftep8
What a grownup looking game made for mature such as yourself! I'm sure only a manchild with your complexities could appreciate its craft. No auto-aim here either folks.
>>
Blood level design and texturing can be a bit bland, enemies can be frustrating. Good atmosphere though.
>>
Blood
>>
>>3649738
blood is good but alot easier than shadow warrior imo
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.