[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need a retro game suggestion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: ct.jpg (15KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
ct.jpg
15KB, 275x183px
I am looking for a game suggestion between the NES and PS1 era. I grew up during this era but I was poor and missed out on a lot of good games.

I just finished Chrono Trigger for the first time and thought it was very good. I tried starting Secret of Evermore and Secret of Mana but they just weren't clicking for me.

Games I like but have played thoroughly:
Mega Man X
Link to the Past
Final Fantasy VI
The Legend of Zelda
Super Mario World
Mario 1-3
Final Fantasy I

I am mostly into RPGs but I enjoy other genres too. I might replay FF1. If I do, which version should I play? Original?
>>
File: beyond 0cj4ozsy1t7fr54_540.gif (337KB, 540x378px) Image search: [Google]
beyond 0cj4ozsy1t7fr54_540.gif
337KB, 540x378px
>>3647609
Try Beyond Oasis.
>>
try Live A Live
>>
>>3647652
I'll give this a shot. I have genuinely never heard of this.
>>
>>3647656
Ok, I'll give this a go.
>>
File: Legend of Oasis jR6GMW.gif (586KB, 347x270px) Image search: [Google]
Legend of Oasis jR6GMW.gif
586KB, 347x270px
>>3647667
It's similar to Zelda and Secret of Mana but more action based. Almost like a combination of zelda and a beat em up. You get elemental spirits that you use to solve puzzles and help it battle etc. That gif there was one of them turning a rat into a delicious piece of roasted meat. If you just killed it with a sword you'd get regular meat, but killing with fire gets roasted meat. There's tons of neat stuff like that in the game as well as a 100 floor bonus dungeon where you can get special weapons if you feel like an extra challenge.

Then if you like it and have a Saturn, you have the sequel to look forward to which is even better!
>>
>>3647678
This seems pretty cool. Thanks for the suggestions!
>>
>>3647609
Alundra
>>
>>3647609
judging by your selection, it seems you didn't venture much outside of nintendo consoles, so I'll focus on non-nin

SMS, the games marked FM support FM expansion, either natively or with some hacks, highly recommended.

action-rpg
Golvelius (FM)
Golden Axe Warrior
Wonder Boy III (FM)

jrpg
Phantasy Star (FM)

crpg
Ultima IV (FM)

MD/Gen
action rpg
Landstalker
Ragnacenty/Soleil
Light Crusader

jrpg
Shining in the darkness
Phantasy Star II
Phantasy Star III
Phantasy Star IV

strategic rpg
Shining Force
Shining Force II

Saturn
action rpg
Dark Savior
Legend of Oasis

strategic rpg
Dragon Force
Dragon Force II (recently translated)

Playstation
Wild Arms

special mentions on some games on that list :

SMS Ultima IV is by far the most accessible version of that game thanks to change in dialog systems and dongeon view, while staying true to the original (unlike NES adaptation). The game itself is widely regarded as a milestone in the rpg genre. Find the 2 manuals scans as you need them for map, spells and lore, easy to find.

MD Phantasy Star II : HARD as balls, so hard that back then it was shipped with a hint book along with the map. My advice, only get the map. The game is hard, but rewarding, the events will rock you.

PS Wild Arms, under it's simplistic appearance, has a quite moving story, and pretty deep characters. It also has 2 intros, the second is often missed, it explains quite a lot of backstory
>>
>>3647609
Lufia II
>>
silent hill
>>
Super Mario RPG should be right up your alley
>>
There are a lot of great games. From aero the acrobat to captain commando to super metroid. Earthbound is amazing too, a lot better than super metroid. .
>>
>>3650345
This.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.