[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Skies of Arcadia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 171-Skies_of_Arcadia-5[1].jpg (190KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
171-Skies_of_Arcadia-5[1].jpg
190KB, 800x600px
So I managed to get myself a Dreamcast and burned myself a copy of this. I'm only one dungeon in and so far I like it despite it being extremely easy.

Right now the combat seems very reliant on which gem you've got slotted on your weapon, is that going to continue to be the trend or will I want to make certain characters specialize in certain elements?

Also holy shit, ship combat is fucking awesome. Please tell me there's a lot of that in this game.
>>
>>3647353
There is a ton of ship combat, but it's not very well balanced in my opinion. Also, the burnt version uses a custom decompression system to fit the game on the disk,so the load times are kind of shit and the audio is more compressed.
>>
>>3647357
>the burnt version uses a custom decompression system to fit the game on the disk,so the load times are kind of shit and the audio is more compressed.
These are things I can deal with, and if it gets egregious I can always just emulate the remaster

>it's not well-balanced
In which direction? I've only been in one ship battle, and IIRC from the demo I played a long long time ago you get a harpoon cannon that I didn't have yet. I guess that thing makes battles too easy?
>>
>>3647353
I never really paid much attention to what weapon color I was using. I just swapped them to which ever needed the least amount of experience to earn a new skill level for a character. Also, random battles become trivial once you can cast Lambda Burst/Omega Psyclone at the start of battle.
>>
>>3647353

With few exceptions I pretty much kept character's weapon elements to whatever I wanted them to be learning and never had too hard a time.

There is tons of ship combat, though some of them can get a little tedious they are still really cool to look at.
>>
File: wat.png (205KB, 433x276px) Image search: [Google]
wat.png
205KB, 433x276px
>didn't figure out how to use moonberries until I was already in Valua
>mfw alpha storm
God damnit I really could've used that in the mid-ocean
>>
Max green on at least one character for healing, and red for Increm/Incremus. Vyse is going to need to learn Riselem at some point as well.

Ship combat is great, but after a certain point it essentially boils down to "focus until S. Cannon, repeat." The bulk of the fights being unskippable movies of the ships flying around each other doesn't help.
>>
>>3649539
Alpha Storm trivializes Shrine Island, but after that enemies are generally too strong for it. Rain of Swords is the best trash mob cleaner in the game, though Lambda Burst will do in a pinch.
>>
I must be the only anon here whose favorite part was the ship battles. Kept grinding thru just to get to the next one :^)

t. non rpg guy
>>
>>3649576
>focus until s. cannon
I though harpoon/moon cannon could only be fired if you chose correctly in the manuevering bits between certain turns?
>>
>>3649746
You'll always get a chance to fire it eventually, those just determine how soon.
>>
>>3647353
Save your Captain's Stripes for when you get your own ship. Don't waste them on the Little Jack.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.