[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Mario Timeline

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: b5929a88f5812e4403aaf970bd78154e.jpg (146KB, 1550x470px) Image search: [Google]
b5929a88f5812e4403aaf970bd78154e.jpg
146KB, 1550x470px
So I'm trying to put together a timeline of all the Mario games but I'm having some difficulty. Hopefully you guys can help.
So here's what I have so far:

Yoshi's Island. This is the first Mario game obviously.

Yoshi's Island DS. This is the second game, but it only happens if Yoshi succeeds.

Mario Bros (NES). This is the second game, but it only occurs in the timeline if Yoshi failed the events of Yoshi's Island and Bowser took over.

Super Mario 2. This continues the "Yoshi Lost" timeline, but it also branches into 4 other timeline depending on who won and 4 timelines depending on who lost to Wart.

Super Mario 3. This would be the 5th game in the 7th timeline. But it also branches into 9 timelines itself depending on if Mario defeats the koopa kids or not and which ones he defeats.

Super Mario World. This is the 3rd game in the Yoshi wins timeline. In this timeline Mario was around to prevent young bowser from destroying the mushroom kingdom.

Mario 64. This is part of the Yoshi win timeline, but Luigi beats Wart, Mario beats Bowser, Peach wins Mario Kart and Wario gets a castle timeline. It canonically takes place before Mario 3 in the Toad wins timeline, but after Mario World in the Mario Bros. Bowser loses timeline.

I'm still trying to determine how the mario land games fit into the timeline and how the OG Mario Bros. fits in the timeline.
>>
you forgot jump man
>>
I am fairly sure Galaxy takes place first because at the end of it they end up causing time itself to restart, this time with all the different races on the same planet.
>>
>>3646880
>Super Mario 3. This would be the 5th game in the 7th timeline. But it also branches into 9 timelines itself depending on if Mario defeats the koopa kids or not and which ones he defeats

SMB3 is canonically a stage show
>>
Where does Mario is Missing fit into all this?
>>
I always found Zelda timeline fags stupid, but this is advanced autism
>>
Has anyone done a timeline for the final fantasies
>>
Yoshi's Nu Island comes between the other two
>>
>>3646880
Lol, well played.

but let's not forget about Mario's Time Machine, that really makes it complicated.
>>
>>3647010
I thought OP was just trying to be funny.
>>
>>3647112
you thought right, this is a parody of how autistic and shoehorned the zelda timeline is.
>>
So what's supposed to be Mario's true origin story? I've always been under the impression that the whole thing about Mario being from the real world, italy or brooklyn or whatever, was just made up by that Nintendo Power magazine which seems to be the only source of nintendo info american kids had in the 80's besides badly translated instruction booklets.
>>
>>3646880
This is autistic, turn back now.
>>
File: timeline.jpg (4MB, 3488x2700px) Image search: [Google]
timeline.jpg
4MB, 3488x2700px
>>3646880
Somebody already did this OP.
>>
>>3647279
Whoops didn't read OP fully, thought it was genuine.
>>
>>3647030
I think the only ones the occur in the same world is the Tactics Series, 11 and 12.
>>
>>3646972
>what is a motif
You idiots make me sick.
>>
>>3647383
This is funny until you realise someone still took the time to make it.
>>
>>3647383
Utter garbage.
>>
>>3647439
Also 7, 10 and 10-2.

>>3647383
>>
>>3647601
Those are different worlds, though they are the same overall universe.
>>
>>3646880
I'm not helping you with your "HISTORY OF MARIO" video, you fag.
>>
>>3646880
>mario 2 is a dream
>i-it fits into the timeline!! i swear!!!
>>
>>3647601
>>3647612
I will never understand why people say 7 and 10 are related just because some random ass NPC is named Shinra. Even a skyscraper built in the Everglades has a more solid foundation than this "argument".
>>
>>3646972
The whole series is. Miyamoto said the Mario characters are all actors, which is why they can fight one minute and then go kart the next.
>>
>>3646880
We have to remember that Mario is a shared universe, not unlike Marvel or DC. We have to consider other franchises.
Suggestions: If Yoshi fails in Yoshi's Island, Yoshis live a rather peaceful and uneventful life - thats when Yoshi's Cookie takes place, and also Yoshi's Wooly World (with Bowser taking over, he doesn't need Kamek anymore).

From Paper Jam, we know that Paper Mario games are alternate universe storybooks, so we don't have to worry about them.

Mario Land games clearly can't take place in main continuity - in there, Mario has his own castle, despite every other game showing him
So whatever sets in motion Super Mario Land timeline, involves Mario getting his hands on a shitton of money.

Also, let's consider timeline split after Wario's Woods. If Wario fails, humiliated, he seeks treasure on the high seas, in Wario Land, while also seeking revenge on Mario in Mario Land - but if he succeeds, he will seek lucrative career in videogame development using his wealth for a startup, kickstarting events of WarioWare games, and gaining friends. Notably, we know that Wario Land is a Mario Land 3 game, meaning that we know canonical outcome of Wario's Woods in timeline where Mario Land games happen.

Now, I'm not exactly sure how Donkey Kong ties into all this. We can safely assume that Donkey Kong country takes place in timeline where Donkey Kong Jr won in same-titled game, since then Donkey Kong, now Cranky Kong, is seen free in DKC games. Similarly, DK jr needs to survive to sire a son, current Donkey Kong. What's interesting though, is the fact that Snomads in DKC Tropical Freeze bear more than passing resemblance to the ice-themed pirates from Sherbet Land stage in Wario Land - we can safely assume that after Wario beats their boss and destroys their home they become nomads - Snomads, to be precise. So, Donkey Kong Country games, Mario Land games, Wario Land games all therefore must take place in a timeline where Mario won in Wario's Woods.
>>
>>3646880
>Mario 2
>Posts Mario USA
Wut?
>>
>>3647943
The creator of 10 and 10-2 said they were.
>>
>>3647268
>I've always been under the impression that the whole thing about Mario being from the real world, italy or brooklyn or whatever, was just made up by that Nintendo Power magazine
I thought it was from the Super Mario cartoons.
>>
mario sux sonic is better
>>
>>3648838
I heard that mario was originally black, but he didn't show up on the dark pipe levels, so they made him a dwarf italian.
>>
>>3646880
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqmrztzTMtI
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.