[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to start a super nintendo collection without raping the wallet?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

How to start a super nintendo collection without raping the wallet?
>>
Don't.
>>
Lots of options. You could:

- play nothing but shitty games no one wants.
- download an emulator and ROMs.
- get a Wii and buy/pirate Virtual Console games.
- buy an SD2SNES.
- learn Japanese and import.
- inherit them from a relative.
- rob a bank, then buy them on eBay.
>>
Look for people selling games by lot. You're going to get ripped off trying to build a Nintendo collection anyway because of the label.
>>
>>3646687
>buy an SD2SNES
this
>>
>>3646689
>Look for people selling games by lot.
nowadays even with lots people still want a premium, i.e. 40 crappy games for 200.
>>
>>3646679
Buy the console and like this good lad here >>3646687 said, an SD2SNES.

Collecting is for cucks. Emulation is for poorfags. OG Hardware + flashcarts is the only way to go.
>>
>>3646723
I know it's a crazy thought, but some people collect when games come out and not wait 30 years to start.
>>
>>3646728
Good for you.
>>
>>3646728

>but some people collect when games come out

you must be retarded then because a SNES game back in 1994 was like 60 bucks, which nowadays by inflation must be like 100. You can get most SNES nowadays for 30-80 dollars, so is still cheaper than launch.
>>
>>3646747
>inflation
Inflation is fucking bullshit. I was a fucking adult in 1994 and $60 wasn't that much different then than $60 now in buying power. Some things are a little more expensive but $100 on something $60? Fuck no.

"Inflation" is a ploy to rip people off. Such a rise would be over many, may years, not from a little over fucking 20 years ago.
>>
>>3646679
Flea Markets, Thrift Stores, Goodwill, Yardsales. Enough said, my whole collection is based off of these sources.
>>
>>3646679
Is this a new look for gay people?
>>
>>3646781
it's the jimmy neutron joined isis look
>>
>>3646784
>gotta blast
>>
>>3646687
>>3646691
I was just about to make a thread about this but I'll use this one, hopefully this thread stays up

I'm looking at a SNES flashcart for Christmas but I'm not sure which one. Is it really worth the extra hundred dollars for the SD2SNES over the Everdrive? The main reason is Super FX games right? But I just looked at the compatibility list and it says none of them work with it, can anyone tell me what the deal is?
https://sd2snes.de/blog/compatibility
>>
>>3646747
Yes. I'm crazy for purchasing new copies insted of paying $200 USD for a ChronoTrigger which has been slobbered on and shoved up someones ass before they decided to sell it without the box or instructions. Wew you sure got the upper hand.
>>
>>3646792
No, the SD2SNES doesn't support Super FX or SA-1 games. Support for those chips is theoretically possible with a future update, but I don't know if it's being worked on or not. Star Ocean and Megaman X2/X3 are the main ones that don't work on the Everdrive but work on the SD2SNES.
>>
>>3646807
Alright thanks, the Megaman games are actually one of the primary reasons I wanted one, guess I will have to shell out the extra hundred. I wonder if Krikzz was working on an updated SNES cart, I know he likes to do multiple versions like his Genesis ones...
>>
>>3646781
No, he appears to be looking for your strongest potions.
>>
>>3646772
I think you might be retarded, or at least just financially illiterate
>>
>>3646810
I am almost certain he could not handle them.
>>
the potions must have been too strong for the moderator
>>
>>3646772
Holy shit you just broke economics.
>>
>>3646839
Holy crap he broke your vapor cookie cutter strawman.
>>
>>3646679
Buy nip games.
They have nice covers, manuals, more games, a lot cheaper and usually in better condition.
Then play with an everdrive if you like.
>>
>>3646772
You might have been 18 in 1994 but you weren't an adult. Still aren't. You're a retarded baby.
>>
>>3646747
Being old enough to play SNES games when they were new means being old enough for the glorious days of the secondhand game market that was the late 90s/early 00s. That shit was magical, nobody wanted old games.
>>
>>3646807
I think there was an RHfix patch for Star Ocean which allows it to play in real hardware.
>>
>>3646779
>thinking he can find anything at reasonable prices from those sources in this day and age
top kek. You're lucky if you can score a crappy sports game for $5.
>>
>>3649434
Only SD2SNES. It's too big for a Super Everdrive to handle.
>>
File: 1477705869772.png (273KB, 1153x499px) Image search: [Google]
1477705869772.png
273KB, 1153x499px
>>3651074
>tfw i'll never be too big to handle
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.