[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is a Sega Saturn worth buying? There was one I saw for $60 at

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: th.jpg (11KB, 300x272px) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
11KB, 300x272px
Is a Sega Saturn worth buying? There was one I saw for $60 at a local pawn shop. Saw it came with a racing wheel as well as a few games.
>>
>>3646662
yes
>>
>>3646662
No, don't buy it OP, it's complete trash.

Don't worry tho, I'll make sure to get it off the poor owner's hands.
>>
>>3646662
If you're into fighting and Sega exclusives, yes.
>>
If you're into fighters and shmups.
>>
>>3646731
>shmups
No system is worth shmups.
>>
>>3646662
The way I look at the saturn is that it was tailor built for the enthusiast crowd, with very competent arcade ports and lots of hardcore shmumps and fighting games. If you want to play those sorts of games than this is definitely the system for you, it has arguably the best home comversion of Street Fighter Alpha 3 period as well as the fantastic KoF 95-98 and darkstalkers.

Not for everyone for sure, but the system has definitely found a very strong niche.
>>
>>3646757
Yeah, it was made for gamers from the old era instead of the style-over-substance games for new gamers Sony and Nintendo tried to court because of greed and hatred for quality gaming.
>>
>>3646771
it's interesting to see all these older more forgotten game consoles getting a second life, like the saturn, NGP, dreamcast and gamecube now that people are noticing the hidden games that were on the system they missed because they were too busy chasing the more popular meme competition at the time. It's too bad they never got that type of love when they came out though.
>>
>>3646662
US Saturn, no shipping? Sounds like a reasonable deal. And I'm the cunt posting in every thread about how I get Saturns for $5 here.
>>
Soon enough there'll be USB chips for sale, so go for it.
>>
>>3646662
I bought a used JP Saturn for 10 yen, still working after three years, still no buyer's remorse. Probably my favorite retro console.
>>
It comes with a racing wheel? Is it the one that has pedals? If so, get that shit.

And then import OutRun.

Then enjoy Sega Rally, Daytona, and Manx TT Superbike, all very cheap, very fun racers.
>>
>>3646662
Might as well buy a box of coal.
>>
>>3646662
>Is a working Sega Saturn with a wheel and some games worth $60?

This is honestly a question that's being asked? Holy shit /vr/, you make it harder and harder to take you people seriously every time I come here.
>>
considering emulation is and pretty much will always be shit, and it's the best 5th gen console, yes. Get a Saturn. Top notch shmups, top notch platformers, the best jrpg of all time, god tier fighters, there's tons to enjoy. Just get an action replay cart and flash it. If it's got the diagonal oval buttons even better.
>>
>>3647596
>the best jrpg of all time
Explain
>>
>>3647648
Hardly anyone bought or played it so because it's not popular it's the best. How new are you???
>>
>>3647648
panzer dragoon saga

>>3647664
kill yourself
>>
>>3647675
>kill yourself
>implying I wasn't spot on
Music is great, combat is decent. It's middling otherwise.
>>
>>3646662
No its not worth buying because all the good games are being sold by faggots for 70 dollars each. Fuck Saturn.
>>
>>3647712
>buying games
kek
>>3647687
>b-but it's unpopular
please kill yourself
>>
>>3647664
>Hardly anyone bought or played it

That's entirely Sega's fault for printing only a few thousand copies of the game in North America.
>>
>>3647712
Buy a Saturn Rhea or a Pseudosaturn 4MB cart
>>
>>3646662
yes
>>
File: rbffs-saturn1a.png (3KB, 384x204px) Image search: [Google]
rbffs-saturn1a.png
3KB, 384x204px
>>3647596
>top notch platformers

which ones would you recommend?

I already played Astal, thought it was beautiful but not exactly top notch. And I can't think of much else.
Games like Taromaru, Silouhette Mirage or Shinobi X maybe, but those aren't pure platformers and are still in a minority within the Saturn catalogue.
Saturn is really for fighting games, shmups and Sega's 1st party output, and RPGs if you read japanese.
>>
>>3646662

It is, but you'll want to get an Action Replay 4m Plus or a clone so you can set up Pseudo Saturn Kai.
>>
>>3646961
Where do you live senpai?
>>
>>3647997
https://www.satakore.com/saturndb.php?type=G&mc=0&genresearch=Action%20-%20Platform
>>
>>3647053
know when
>>
>>3648438
Might sound strange but lot's of places. Asia is very interconnected. But to to give you the answer you were looking for, you can find them in anyplace that wasn't a shithole when they were originally sold. Best bets are Japan and HK.
>>
>>3648332
I can't get pseudo saturn to start. The farthest I've gotten was to the sega logo before it took me back to the saturn menu. Am I fucking this up somehow?
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.