[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it a good game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

Is it a good game?
>>
>>3646493
good game, wrong board
>>
>>3646508
It's a mod of the Quake 3 engine, therefore it's retro.
>>
>>3646515
>tfw you realize you dont make the rules
>>
>>3646530
Guess we should ban the Doom general too, since their source ports run non-retro code.
>>
>>3646508
Except it is allowed

>Retro gaming means [...] computer games [...] and any other forms of video games on platforms launched in 1999 and earlier.

Let's look on what platform it runs:
>English version of Windows® 95 OSR2/98/ME/2000(SP2)/XP Operating System
Windows 95 was released in 1995.
>Pentium II® 400Mhz processor or Athlon® processor
Pentium II 400Mhz was released in 1998.
>3-D Hardware Accelerator (with 16 MB VRAM) with FULL OpenGL® support
RIVA TNT was released in 1998.
>>
>>3646493
Yes. Much better than the newer games based on it. Guns were fun to use and it was decently paced with a good variety of nazis and weird supernatural enemies. I also enjoyed the little early 2000s trend of stealth elements in games like SoF, NOLF, Deus Ex.
>>
>>3646508
>>3646530
>>3646538
>>3646558
you've got some serious problems anon
>>
File: skyrim.jpg (76KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
skyrim.jpg
76KB, 1280x720px
>>3646552
but is skyrim retro?
>>
File: mm8.jpg (93KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
mm8.jpg
93KB, 640x480px
>>3646572
It couldn't run on windows 95 for sure. Is this retro?
>>
>>3646573
bumping this bitch :^)
>>
>>3646572
Even that mod requires among other things Windows Vista or newer.
>>
>>3646582
how dare you speak to our hero thusly

he is a holy crusader, righteously defending our beloved /vr/ from wicked games that are just barely "not retro" according to some arbitrary definition regardless of the fact that we've had established threads for games that aren't retro for years anyway
>>
>>3646593
>so you admit it's not retro. you fucked now son :^)
>according to some arbitrary definition

>lol no we haven't newfag. unlike you I have actually been on this bitch since day 1 and I know what's what, my '15 tier rebbit babby.
so you're telling me >>3594358 doesn't spend half of their thread talking about HoMM4? Which came out in 2002?
The timeline rule is a fucking guideline, it's not a divine mandate you need to give your life for you fucking faggot
>>
>>3646584
Announcing a sage is against the rules, enjoy your ban, retarded backseat moderator.
>>
>saging your own thread
>>
>>3646618
but anon without rules we are animals
>>
>>3646493
its a GREAT game
>>
>>3646493
It's okay. Has the same problem of uneccesary realism and increased linearity that all early Half-Life clones have, but not as on rails as the corridor shooters of today.
>>
Might have to agree with the deleted posts saying "not reeetro" but I do understand the argument since it was based on idtech3.

With that said, I really liked Enemy Territory. But even that's a longer stretch to not being /vr/.

>>3646614
Dumbest fucking rule ever
>>
>>3646693
sage is not a downvote
>>
>>3646726
>sage is not a downvote

I know that. Everyone learns that one point or another (dae le digg?). But it also adds a tone to the post (though sometimes it's to appropriately not bump the thread for other reasons).
>>
The MP40 has an effective range of like 20 meters in this game. Also, the enemy animations and hit effects are not clear enough to let you know how much of your bullets are hitting the enemy. Those were enough to make me drop the game.
>>
>>3646493
Above average. As in pretty much all Xatrix titles, shooting mechanics are bad.
>>
I had it as a teen back when Q3A was the hot shit and replayed it recently actually.
It's okay but not amazing. Good thing is it runs in Q3A, and there ain't many singleplayer FPS in that engine sadly, or at least not nearly enough as I had wish.

Problem is the enemies AI are stupid as fuck. I swear Wolfenstein3D has better AI. I'm not even kidding. Somehow bad AI was common with SP FPS in this engine, not sure there is a link though.
>>
File: download-us.jpg (159KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
download-us.jpg
159KB, 1024x768px
>>3646493

Compared to the newer Wolfenstein games it is the best modern Wolfenstein. The newer ones are a complete joke. If you want to play the classic Wolfenstein with modern graphics try the free remake "Wolfram". Make sure you download the US version because the other versions censors the Swastikas.

http://www.moddb.com/games/wolfram/downloads/wolfram-us-version
>>
>>3646493
>>3647059

Gameplay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWaWNYggA7A
>>
>>3646493
Best Wolfenstein game.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.