[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where my /desert rangers/ at?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: adorable desert dweller.jpg (62KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
adorable desert dweller.jpg
62KB, 640x400px
Where my /desert rangers/ at?
>>
nobody?
>>
tried getting into it without a manual once, was completely clueless and got raped immediately
>>
>>3643071
i found it pretty easy to get into, at least easier than bard's tale.

you should try again but with the Original Classic remaster, which includes some cool shit like paragraphs being built into the game, narration, music and high res portraits (all toggleable)

honestly the hardest part is probably sitting through the first few hours of the game where you're running quests for the desert nomads and highpool. Once you get to Quartz and Needles the game really starts to pick up and by then you should have a handle on how to play it.

Just make sure you roll your own characters. The basic ones are kinda crappy.

And the game doesn't really ever fake you out over stuff. If it's giving you a warning (IE when you try to get closer to the Guardian Citadel) it's not joshing you, you will get absolutely massacred.
>>
>>3642075
Before the unnecessary preposition.
>>
>>3642075
I just got to Vegas and the game has begun shitting all over me.

So first off I've been backing up my save files. I do this by copy/pasting the entire game folder into a new folder and then renaming it to the area it saved at. Might be a bit work-around, but it's going just fine for me.

Another thing, if you're using Per's guide (specifically his two-fisted / Assault Rifle party build), then you might be wondering where the fuck you can pickup some assault rifles without sequence breaking. Well there's actually two in Needles. One if behind a bomb-able wall downtown, but the other (which isn't mentioned in Per's guide) is at the North Western-most corner of the Island in the middle of Lake Blood. If you don't know what that is yet... well, uh.. you'll see. Trust me.

Here's a little thing: I don't know about you guys, but I fucking HATE the player avatar. He looks like Mr. Bill. A simple google search for "Wastleand 1 mod" has a top link (for me) for inxile forums. Top post, about 6 links down is Ranger Icon. Have at it.

Speaking of mods, I've thought on/off about giving the game a slight makeover from time to time. The Shadowclaw REALLY should have been given it's own portrait (I would digitize the werewolf-esque concept art I've seen of it). On top of that, I was never really a fan of the bright pink monster avatar. I wonder if it's possible to separate the monsters and give them individual avatars. On top of that, why not add more random encounter to the inside of abandoned houses? There's a shit load of them in Vegas alone, and there's nothing in any of them, except the possibility I could catch a disease.

I've picked up and played the game a few times before dropping it and I always seem to make it to Vegas. How the fuck do I kill the Scorpitron? Per's guide is awful casual about the whole thing, but my guys just get raped every time. Is it something I'm not supposed to take out until later? Any tips for Vegas in general?
>>
>>3643071
Took me at least 4 restarts until I got a good thing going. Worth it though.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.