[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post games you first heard about from /vr/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: Blast_Corps_Coverart.png (106KB, 256x180px) Image search: [Google]
Blast_Corps_Coverart.png
106KB, 256x180px
Never played this shit back in the day
Really enjoying the retro feel tho.
>>
PARTYYY DOWNNN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vYhUmWX0ME
>>
>>3641729

I had this as a kid. I found it super difficult but fun as fuck.
>>
>>3641729
Music is godly. Game too short.

For my uni thesis I developed a program to generate little fake cities. I imagined turning it into a procedurally generated Blast Corps game based around rogue self-driving vechicles (how topical) and imagined new features to make it easier like lettering Backlash be able to sort of extra the dump bay to avoid the rage of swinging too early and missing the building.

But I'm fucking lazy.
>>
>>3641729
Poor man's Twisted Metal
>>
>>3643178
Wut
They arent even similar
>>
>>3643178

Sony fanboys, everyone.
>>
>>3643178

>anything other than playstation being the poorman's anything

KEK.

Also, games are nothing alike. PS1 doesn't have a game about cleaning the path for a nuclear truck by destryoing things with a giant robot.
>>
>>3642407
>Game too short.
Did you get all the medals and ranks?
>>
>>3645278
Yeah except Platnium because that shit was just fucked.

I really liked the format, I wish there were more levels and music.
>>
>>3641729
My friend had this game.
For the first 80% was kinda challenging at times. But loads of fun.
Then I decided to gold everything. Some levels were a pain in the ass, but I managed.
The moon you say? The planets you say? Cool shit!
Again, getting gold was a bit of a challenge. But overall, fun.

Then. Fucking then! When I thought I'd beaten the game completely.
>Now get platinum!

Tried to get it on first level. Fucking impossible.
Fuck this game. Regardless of how much fun it was. That shit pissed me off.
>>
>>3645913
Platinum wasn't meant to be achievable. Check out the Rare Replay vid. Guy says Platinum times were based around the Japanese and U.K. Testers running the levels as fast as possible and getting insane times. They expected players to get 2-3 tops. There's code for a message if you get all of them that basically says "Jesus Christ dude."
>>
I wouldn't know about UmiHara Kawase if it weren't for /vr/. It's a pretty fun series, and has some of the best tether mechanics I've ever played. I still think the cult following it has here overrates it, though.
>>
>>3645906
>>3645913
>>3646517
My first impression when the game said to try for platinum was that it was a joke. I tried several that day and couldn't get a single one. I came back to it the next day and managed to get a few. It took me about three weeks to get them all. The final rank is literally called "You can stop now."
>>
>>3641729
>post games you only heard about on a board that's a few years old but only allows <2000 games
If you can list even one game you might be an underage.
>>
>>3641729
>>3641782
i remember going to a friend's house and playing that and wave race 64.

>tfw it will not be 1996 again
>>
>>3647579
>everyone has played every game ever
>>
>>3646813
Are you fucking with me? Does it really pull that shit again?

Do you have any idea how hard I'd flip an old oversized CRT after the game tells me to do it, yet again!

The nerve!
>>
>>3648243
I forgot to mention that I got the platinum message on April 1, 1997. I was still just a kid and honestly thought that the game might be playing a prank on me.
>>
>>3647586
>babies can't into reading comprehension
Or does "played" mean "heard of" IN YOUR MIND. Fucking aspies.
>>
File: image.png (304KB, 350x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
304KB, 350x500px
If I heard of it, I didn't give it a second look until someone posted tunes from it in a OST thread.

Now it's probably my most-played Genesis title.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.