[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What if Sonic Adventure had been developed for the SEGA Saturn?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

File: sonic-saturn-3d-poo-02.jpg (30KB, 320x224px) Image search: [Google]
sonic-saturn-3d-poo-02.jpg
30KB, 320x224px
What if Sonic Adventure had been developed for the SEGA Saturn?
>>
It would've still been shit.

Gibsmedat 2.5D Saturn Sanic.
>>
>he doesn't know about Xtreme
>>
>>3641659

Sonic Xtreme isn't Sonic Adventure

It's also shit by the US studio
>>
>>3641656
>shit
Sonic Adventure isn't that bad
>>
>>3641781
It's been the kiddy thing to complain about Sonic Adventure for years now, ever since a certain youtube LP duo shit on the game and nitpicked it to death without ever mentioning one actual flaw. Kiddos gonna kids, I guess.
>>
>>3641792
I've been around the Sonic fandom for years and one thing I've noticed is that SA1 and 2 have a weird revolving door of love and hate. Give it a few years, and it'll be back in everyone's good graces. You know, until a Youtube superstar badmouths it again.

It's also the "le Sonic has always been shit" meme which with any luck will die out eventually.
>>
>>3641651
Closest thing is sonic r and sonic jam and xtreme, so something like that?
>>
>>3641792
No, I've always hated 3D Sonic games, even before the YouTube era. Nothing beats Genesis Sonic.
>>
>>3641820
Not really familiar with the sonic fandom, but I really liked sonic adventure at the time. It's definitely got problems, I don't begrudge anyone who hates it,but I think within the context of the time it was released it's fine.
>>
>>3641651
fog, fog everywhere

see sonic r
>>
>>3641840

SA1 has problems for sure, but most of the Sonic stages have awesome level design that encourages you to take shortcuts so you can be as fast as possible.
>>
>>3641651
You didnt hear? They are working on it right now. Its called "sonic Mania"
>>
>>3641651
>What if Sonic Adventure had been developed for the SEGA Saturn?
i'd probably let more of the game's problems slide
>>
>>3642012
And my dicks hurts at how hard it is. My only complaint is they don't have Falk doing the music, but the new dude is alright. Christian "Taxman" Whitehead is godly, and that's not just because I'm australian too.
>>
>>3641781
>>3641792
>>3641820
A lot of the autismo side of the Sonic fanbase (which thankfully seems to be on the decline now that Steven Universe, MLP and other cartoons are cannibalizing it's members) likes the Adventure games because they're relatively modern and way easier than the Genesis games.

Also, I didn't knew the gamefucks started the "le sonic adventure sucks, sonic has always been shit XD" meme, even more reason to dislike them. But everyone has been jumping on the bandwagon as of the past couple of years and it needs to stop desu. SEGA of America at least has been pretty based this last few years, actually listening to their fans to some degree.
>>
>>3641792
I never liked SA2.
>>
>>3641651
Sonic Jam.
Sonic R.
>>
>>3642409
>Also, I didn't knew the gamefucks started the "le sonic adventure sucks, sonic has always been shit XD" meme, even more reason to dislike them. But everyone has been jumping on the bandwagon as of the past couple of years and it needs to stop desu.

... When was the last time you actually played Sonic Adventure 1-2? They were mediocre back in the day, and they are godawful shit today. The awful controls and camera and collission issues could be excused back in 1999, and it was impressive because it was the first proper 3d sonic, but today none of that counts, and the flaws of the game are much more apparent and annoying.
>>
>>3642012
If you think Sega would have ever made a 2d side scroller sonic game on the saturn you're nuts, Bernie Stollar would have started throwing shit at sega japan while screaming if they even pitched the idea.
>>
>>3641781
True. It's worse.

>>3641792
>being too young to have played it when it came out and known it was shit from day 1.
>>
>>3642727
Please. No one would have thought it was shit. They would have praised it as Sonics redemption until better games came out.
>>
>>3641838

I feel the same way about the Zelda franchise. 2d forever, 3d never.
>>
>>3644640
Back then I was unimpressed with the flat and linear level designs that lacked decent platforming, and the cringy music and voices were terrible. About the only thing it had going for it was good graphics, even though the art style was shit compared to 16-bit Sonic games.
>>
>>3641792

Funny, because when I think about games that stupid little kids like to play, the Sonic Adventure titles are always near the top of the list.
>>
>>3641651
Sonic Adventure actually began its development on the Saturn (the Sonic World part of Sonic Jam was basically a tech demo for Saturn Sonic Adventure), but Sonic Team realized it just didn't work with the weird-ass hardware choices that the higher-ups made for the Saturn, and so chose to move development to the more-powerful and less-arcane Dreamcast.
>>
>>3641651
The Saturn would have been momentarily saved in NA with a true 3D Sonic at launch and not the fucking retarded egotistical wankfest that was NiGHTS Journey into Dreams... (Really what kind of title is that? Was Yuji Naka smoking some crack back then or some shit?). Really just take one look at NiGhTs and tell me any self-respecting American child back in the 90's would look at this fruity garbage and say "Aw hell yeah Nights!!! I get to be a homosexual jester flying around in the sky in a 2D plane and occasionally control human kids!". The fact that its 3D but actually 2D in nature is an even bigger joke.

inb4 the NiGHTs faggot defense force arrives. No please, tell me how this was better than SEGA's flagship mascot SONIC THE FUCKING HEDGEHOG.
>>
>>3645393
Using this thread to shit on nights again, you never miss your chance for this opportunity do you.
>>
>>3645393
Sounds like somebody is upset he couldn't get all A-ranks NiGHTS.
>>
>>3645393
That's some pretty shitty bait.
>>
>>3645741
Big wouldn't even use it.

Admit it though, fishing was a terrible thing to implement.
>>
>>3645393
Could you at least bother to fact check your bait? NiGHTs was not a Saturn launch title.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.