[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Satisfying shit!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

File: outs.gif (3MB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
outs.gif
3MB, 240x180px
What's your most satisfying vr moment?

pictured: Amiga owners will sympathise!
>>
>>3640817
Amiga owners weren't poorfags who needed to peel labels off a disk. I don't think you don't want to see my most satisfying shit. But I did take a picture of it.
>>
>>3641316
Amiga owners were all filthy pirates who re-used shitty coverdisks to X-Copy games to one another after school.
>>
What is this label peeling about?
>>
>>3641414
Most games in the 90s were pirated. That meant finding whatever lousy old disk you could find and (hopefully) copying a cooler game onto it. Who gives a fuck about your dad's 10th copy of some wordprocessor, try to get that label off and put a nice clean new 'n on.

Since you're reusing disks, there's a fine fine art to getting a label off without leaving sticky-ass torn up residue all over the plastic.

It doesn't matter too much really, but you can't keep layering up labels since the damn disks would get caught in the drive from the added thickness.
>>
>>3641420
oh, that's funny. I never considered how people would copy new data over and over again to the same disks, always figured people would just buy the stuff and play it off real disks. But yeah, I can see the trouble that labels and label peeling could cause.
>>
>>3641431
>always figured people would just buy the stuff
Presumably somebody must've bought the originals at some point, but I don't know if I've ever -seen- an Amiga original in my life.
>>
>>3640817
>amiga
>hd
>>
>>3641437
Well spotted. You takes your disks where you can get 'em. They're just a layer of oxide on an annulus of substrate. Floppy disks are pretty much forwards and backwards compatible like that.

The physical difference is the hole on the opposite side from the write protect hole. If this hole is present, a PC will think it's a 1.44mb disk. The Amiga can't detect a HD floppy, so it just treats it as a standard one (880k).
>>
>>3641442
Or rather, a PC would want to format it to 720k while an Amiga would want to format it to 880k. If you're copying files between the two, a driver on the Amiga side lets it read the 720k ms-dos filesystem.
>>
>>3641442
>>3641443
And if all you've got is Amiga disks, you -can- drill a hole on the opposite side to trick drives into thinking they're the bigger type. That is, if the oxide's up to the task.

Most actual disks are shite though, so filling the casing with drill dust is a perfect way to end up with everything fucking up.
>>
>>3641445
>That is, if the oxide's up to the task.
99% of the time it wasn't.
Source : me and a friend HD-recycling a bunch of amiga DD floppies for an snes copier.

>so filling the casing with drill dust is a perfect way to end up with everything fucking up.
that's why you use a soldering iron.
>>
>>3641458
You aren't the guy I was talking to about a SNES copier in a bookshop a couple months back are ya? That's where I first heard of somebody doing the hole-making for real.
>>
>>3641461
nope
>>
>>3641458
You still got the snes copier? I'm a sucker for that kind of stuff.
>>
>>3641434

Here in the US Amiga games were constantly on sale in places like Babbages because they didn't sell well. I got tons of games for two or three bucks each.
>>
>>3641527
Wow. I've never met an American who knows what one was, except for some dorks who had the workstation type.

Any fave games? :D
>>
>>3641539

I absolutely loved mine (had a 500). I played a lot of adventure games, Kings Quests, Zak McKraken, Deja Vu -- I loved the Elvira games and Cinemaware like It Came From the Desert, Wings, Rocket Ranger. Qix, Test Drive, and Shufflepuck Cafe were regular go-tos. Oh man, Night Shift too, never seen that one mentioned here.
>>
>>3641596
My bigs were Bob's Bad Day, Volfied, Qix, Spindizzy Worlds, Troddlers, Lemmings, Arabian Nights, Car-Vup, Rod-Land, Pipe-Mania, Pang. As a kid all the cinemaware games were way too hard for me!
>>
Not really retro, but unboxing and using my gba micro 25th edition is right up there with bubble wrap, I'll spend 10mins polishing it to play an hour of drill dozer or gunstar heroes and feel more regal than a retired race horse on an estate.

I keep it in a silk sock in an air tight cd archive box along with my collection of boxed gba and gbc games. By far the most autistic thing I have done.
>>
>>3641620
Isn't it a tad small tho?
>>
>>3641603

Ah, how could I forget Lemmings, that was my jam. I had a lot of other Psygnosis games, but they were almost entirely way too hard not-fun eye candy. Oddly enough I've never played Shadow of the Beast, though.
>>
>>3641639
Shadow of the Beast is really really hard. Even with a trainer on. Just knowing what to do is a challenge. It's like Castlevania designed by loonies. Music is catchy sometimes though.

Some of the ports of Beast are stupid too. The Master System gives you an inventory for keys and stuff, which none of the other games have. If you use the key from the inventory it disappears even if you weren't standing near the door. It's just gone, and the game is unwinnable.
>>
>>3641631
It's better than the SP because it's so light, no real issue holding it unless you have farm hands
>>
>>3641443
>>3641445
I recall you could have the IBM PS/2 format DD floppies as HD, hole or not. Though you could only use it as such on PS/2 machines since everyone else would see it as a DD.
>>
File: awesomebig.jpg (279KB, 1280x743px) Image search: [Google]
awesomebig.jpg
279KB, 1280x743px
>>3641639
They'll always be known for that and box art.
>>
>>3640817
Atari St 4ever Amiga never
>>
>>3641687
Got any good titles that'll sway an Amigafag like me over to your side? I've got both systems now but I don't know what hot on the ST side.
>>
>>3641320
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=up863eQKGUI
>>
>>3641640

> Some of the ports of Beast are stupid too. The Master System

Holy cow, that was not a thing I realized existed. Just watched a YouTube of it - that's an ambitious game to port. This part made me laugh:

https://youtu.be/zxMTMEBAlGM?t=301

That is also one of the worst bits of game design I've ever heard of.
>>
File: Craig.png (549KB, 543x398px) Image search: [Google]
Craig.png
549KB, 543x398px
>>3641719

> DON'T copy that floppy
> DO videotape those naked teens

> Craig Dykstra, a former AOL executive, spent five days in jail on misdemeanor charges in 2010 for secretly taping students as they changed inside his home after a post-prom pool party.

More proof that all anti-piracy crusaders like to touch kids.
>>
>>3641691
Sell both and get a NES faggot :')
>>
>>3641746
>spent five days in jail

So... I guess he'd say it was worth it?
>>
>>3641734
>https://youtu.be/zxMTMEBAlGM?t=301
That music made me shit myself.
>>
>>3641746
>misdemeanor charges
Makes it sound like he sneezed in a library or something, geez.
>>
>>3641842

If they were 18, then yeah, it probably wasn't considered to be too big of a deal by the courts.
>>
>>3641686
http://boingboing.net/features/psy
>>
>>3641620
Exactly the same anon. You buy from that Indian guy selling them new a few years back? I bought two, keep one good and do the same ritual you described with the other. My wife bought me the player 2 faceplate but I've yet to use it. The closest to treasure I have
>>
>>3641320
No. We were very hygienic pirates who copied games we shared with our HSTs onto virgin disks be bought in bulk.

>>3641434
We usually got games before they hit the shelves. They were +++ before any pleb saw them.
>>
>>3640817
>What's your most satisfying vr moment?
Buying a game from Microprose or some company back in the late 80s and early 90s and on the way home having a massive manual to look through and see all sorts of neat crap in there.
Sword of the Samurai
M1 Tank Platoon
Gun ship / Gunship 2000
F-15 Strike Eagle 2
F-19 Stealth Fighter
Railroad Tycoon 1
Just the amount of work that went into them back then was a treat and worth the price of admission.
>>
>>3641458
>99% of the time it wasn't.
Never had a problem, you must come across a bunch of shitty HDs
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.